IGNORED

Nahki Wells - crap signing.

Bassomylord

13 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Doing a panenka at 3-1 down is nothing to do with form or talent though. That sort of idiocy should have been coached out of him when he was about 14. 

In his own head he believes he is a lot better..........than he actually is?  A very ordinary footballer.......who we paid a ridiculous 5 Mill for.  Terrible bit of business, and I am certain Burnley were extremely pleased to get that much?

2 hours ago, mozo said:

I bet Paul Wimbleton hasn't had many mentions on OTIB over the years! :clapping:

I think Wimbleton missed one away to Cardiff, a game we won 3-1. Which goes to prove you get less grief if you miss a Pen but win the game. May have heard more if we had lost. I liked him as a player BTW,

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I think Wimbleton missed one away to Cardiff, a game we won 3-1. Which goes to prove you get less grief if you miss a Pen but win the game. May have heard more if we had lost. I liked him as a player BTW,

Me too - did his job

Can still see him charging round now with blonde locks flowing

Was that the Cardiff game , a rainy day , where God Bob scored a cracker 

If so I was there but have to confess can’t recall the pen at all

20 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

People on here saying he's poor but he's the best we've got with 3 goals and he hasn't started in all the games. He'll get 15-20 by the end of the season as he usually does in this league. All good strikers have poor runs and he's in a bit of one now.

He’s only scored more than 15 in a season 3 times and one of those was in league 2, so he doesn't usually end up with 15-20 goals in this league! 

6 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yep, walshy missed 3 or 4 on the trot, and biff did too.

I recall, john macphail taking 1 and scoring, good player he was.

Great minds....I was gonna mention McPhail, quality CB, remember him scoring a pen v Walsall...we came from 1-0 down to win 2-1, Paul Fitzpatrick getting the other.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Me too - did his job

Can still see him charging round now with blonde locks flowing

Was that the Cardiff game , a rainy day , where God Bob scored a cracker 

If so I was there but have to confess can’t recall the pen at all

Sort of remember it being drizzly , from memory Taylor and Turner scored. Maybe Bob got 2 ?

3 hours ago, hail gus cesaer said:

He’s only scored more than 15 in a season 3 times and one of those was in league 2, so he doesn't usually end up with 15-20 goals in this league! 

He gets a goal every 3 appearances (some of those as sub) in the Championship which equates to 15+ a season but a lot of his appearances have been while on loan so he hasn't always played a full season's games.

40 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wells didn't want to come here and it shows.

I was worried about the signing from the outset. I have mates who are QPR and Wells had said before we bid , he was happy and wanted to stay. When we went in that was said again, now I'm not a fan of signing players who don't want to come, worse if they want to stay where they are. Then spending £5m on a 30 year old is not what we do. OK I was optimistic because he is a goalscorer , or has been. To be honest he looks a way off from a natural goal scorer at the moment.

Archived