IGNORED

Well......

BCFC1512

4 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

You hire mediocrity, you get mediocrity! Can anyone honestly see our next win?? I can’t for a while!

We’ve got to review the system we play based on the players available - Paterson @ O’DOWDA in central midfield is not the answer 

You can blame the defence, or the missed penalty, but the game was simply too open from the start.

What really worries me is how DH chose not to address this at the time.

The one thing we have is midfielders - surely the midfield should be closing down long balls.

We were picked off and despite the stats they had much better missed chances.

I appreciate injuries are a significant issue and I don't think we played so badly today BUT can someone even with the injuries explain eg the midfield?

Maybe- right to left.

Bakinson Nagy Brunt

Or

Bakinson Nagy Paterson 

As a 3, O'Dowda-Bakinson-Brunt seems questionable. Hell even Massengo with his age and energy could disrupt a bit.

I'd love to know why Nagy is so inept or considered as such given strong performances away to decent 2nd tier International sides in Russia, Serbia, Turkey! Seems a bit unusual.

37 minutes ago, daored said:

We’ve got to review the system we play based on the players available - Paterson @ O’DOWDA in central midfield is not the answer 

Definitely. I have very rarely seen O'Dowda have a good game. I said when he finally signed a new contract that the best thing about it was we would now hopefully get some money for him . I'm not blaming him for this particular game but we have to put someone else in that position regardless. 

Pato is a luxury player in these circumstances without the hard shift Weimann puts in so Dean really needs to have a think about this area. We still have Nagy and Massengo available who I think would offer better midfield qualities than O'Dowda. 

The goals were so poorly defended but I think with a midfield that static that was not pressing it was an easy route for three long passes to bypass midfield. 

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I appreciate injuries are a significant issue and I don't think we played so badly today BUT can someone even with the injuries explain eg the midfield?

Maybe- right to left.

Bakinson Nagy Brunt

Or

Bakinson Nagy Paterson 

As a 3, O'Dowda-Bakinson-Brunt seems questionable. Hell even Massengo with his age and energy could disrupt a bit.

I'd love to know why Nagy is so inept or considered as such given strong performances away to decent 2nd tier International sides in Russia, Serbia, Turkey! Seems a bit unusual.

Think Nagy is the one Holden wants to move on in order to bring someone in.

No other explanation for him not even getting sub appearances.

LJ took a lot of flak for his predictable double sub on the hour routine, but if you were allowed to bet on Holden’s changes, which are bringing on 2 strikers & Bakinson & Brunt swapping over as the other one, you could make a fortune.

2 hours ago, Flagon said:

Definitely. I have very rarely seen O'Dowda have a good game. I said when he finally signed a new contract that the best thing about it was we would now hopefully get some money for him . I'm not blaming him for this particular game but we have to put someone else in that position regardless. 

Pato is a luxury player in these circumstances without the hard shift Weimann puts in so Dean really needs to have a think about this area. We still have Nagy and Massengo available who I think would offer better midfield qualities than O'Dowda. 

The goals were so poorly defended but I think with a midfield that static that was not pressing it was an easy route for three long passes to bypass midfield. 

Amen.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe- right to left.

Bakinson Nagy Brunt

Or

Bakinson Nagy Paterson 

I agree. What I found bizarre about Morrell’s sale was the decision to keep both Nagy and Massengo and play neither.

Morrell would’ve had a role to play here this season, to rotate Bakinson in the holding role. That’s not possible with Nagy or Massengo, so the choice to keep them - and not play them - is bizarre. 

Just now, tin said:

I agree. What I found bizarre about Morrell’s sale was the decision to keep both Nagy and Massengo and play neither.

Morrell would’ve had a role to play here this season, to rotate Bakinson in the holding role. That’s not possible with Nagy or Massengo, so the choice to keep them - and not play them - is bizarre. 

That assumes anyone wanted them.  Someone wanted Morrell.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That assumes anyone wanted them.  Someone wanted Morrell.

I think that’s a fair assumption. A buyer for Nagy, for example with his international record and Serie A experience, would’ve been straightforward. The question is if Ashton was willing to accept a loss on what he paid for him. I could easily have seen him going back to Hungary to play for Ferencvaros or a team like that. If Holden doesn’t rate him, or Massengo for that matter, why are they still here? 

3 minutes ago, tin said:

I think that’s a fair assumption. A buyer for Nagy, for example with his international record and Serie A experience, would’ve been straightforward. The question is if Ashton was willing to accept a loss on what he paid for him. I could easily have seen him going back to Hungary to play for Ferencvaros or a team like that. If Holden doesn’t rate him, or Massengo for that matter, why are they still here? 

Not so sure

Think you over egg his ‘pedigree’ to date

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Not so sure

Think you over egg his ‘pedigree’ to date

Maybe, @Sheltons Army, but he’s got 40 caps for Hungary and has played 51 times in Serie A. Based on that, I think a continental buyer could’ve been found for him fairly easy if Ashton was willing to accept a loss. I suspect Ashton knew Holden didn’t fancy Nagy before Morrell was sold.

3 minutes ago, tin said:

Maybe, @Sheltons Army, but he’s got 40 caps for Hungary and has played 51 times in Serie A. Based on that, I think a continental buyer could’ve been found for him fairly easy if Ashton was willing to accept a loss. I suspect Ashton knew Holden didn’t fancy Nagy before Morrell was sold.

51 appearances in four years 

in his last two years he made 12 and 14 appearances including quite a few off the bench 

I’m not so sure he would have been pushing at the top of anyone’s targets , bearing in mind he will be on decent money here 

I think if we’d had any reasonable offer we would have moved him on 

59 minutes ago, tin said:

Don’t forget wages too.  No guarantee any suitor could afford fee and wages. There’s a balance here, and a big financial consideration.  With FFP you can’t just write off losses.  In covid times we can see how difficult it is to move players on.  Look how little has been spent in the Champ, apart from the sides who’ve lost players to the Prem and therefore got £wonga.  I’m sure if we just wanted to move him on and ignore the financial side MA would’ve driven him there himself ???

Archived