IGNORED

WEAK

Topper 123

This team must be the weakest ball winning team I’ve watched take the red shirt,it’s will to win is non existent.The defence need to do their job and defend Taylor Moore is he a defender or winger ffs pick your men up and defend get rid of the ball , football at the back doesn’t suit us we’re not good enough ,Patterson waste of ******* time .THIS ISNT A POP AT HOLDEN it’s a pop at the weak 11 on the pitch who couldn’t win a fight in a school yard 

Just now, Magger1 said:

This team must be the weakest ball winning team I’ve watched take the red shirt,it’s will to win is non existent.The defence need to do their job and defend Taylor Moore is he a defender or winger ffs pick your men up and defend get rid of the ball , football at the back doesn’t suit us we’re not good enough ,Patterson waste of ******* time .THIS ISNT A POP AT HOLDEN it’s a pop at the weak 11 on the pitch who couldn’t win a fight in a school yard 

The weak 11 on the pitch are selected by Holden. They are coached by Holden . 

Holden has been part of this set up for 4 years 

You have every right to take a pop at him . 

18 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Consider if Wells had hit the target with any 1,2,3 or all of his 4 attempts. Sadly he got none, even the pen. We haven't got to change 11,we just need to change one up top and return to a back 4

How exactly would Wells have prevented us conceding 3?

Or us losing previous games when he wasn't on the pitch?

This is the most stupid comment (amoung so many over reactions) unless you only watched the game via text in which case here is something you may not have noticed - the midfield were terrible and the defence went missing. Or will this be solved by benching Wells as well?

I started for a moment to think that Holden was getting a team together that would be more physical and have a bit of fire in their belly but as usual hope evaporates at City. He seems to offer very little. He seems similar to Johnson his ex leader. How bloody dissapointing. I wonder how long his reign will last before Lansdown admits he has screwed up for the umpteenth time in his selection of manager.

34 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I agree 100%.

Bunch of softies.

We'll get nowhere with players that don't like to tackle - Norwich aren't a physical team but they won every loose ball and every 50/50. They made tactical fouls where necessary without thinking about it, leaving our little luvvies moaning at the ref.

Thousands of pounds per week - GET STUCK IN FFS.

Vyner & Moore are the nicest CBs you will ever face and have zero aggression. Brunt/Paterson/Odowda equally all hang a foot out rather than leave a mark. I get we want footballers but every team needs a balance between those that can win the ball back for you . Holden needed to get legs in the team but you can’t train aggression as it’s in you or it isn’t 

Yes I’m afraid basics at back where we don’t know whether to pick up or hand over and midfield we wouldn’t win a tackle if we were there till next season and wells knows he owes us one ,but if Holden doesn’t rip their ******* heads off for this then he needs talking too ,some home truths needed in dressing room 

Not a single booking, yet I can recall at least 3 opportunities where we should have been taking yellow cards to prevent a dangerous attack - exactly as Norwich did to us. 

Our back 3 were embarrassing, nobody wanting to take responsibility and nobody in our midfield made a tackle - Brunt possibly one in the second half. As a team we committed half the number of fouls that Norwich did, yes Norwich, possibly the nicest team on the planet.

It was pathetic from start to finish. Don't kid yourselves otherwise. 

Desperate for Walsh and Williams imo. Both good players who are sure to get stuck in. 
I’d mix them with Bakinson if we continue with 352. 
Finally might keep decent possession, but be aggressive and get stuck in as Holden said we would, without it. 
As his first season noone can deny hes been incredibly unlucky with what are potentially 5 of our top players being injured. 
But playing that powderpuff midfield that my nan could make more tackles than, is not his finest moment!

Strikes me as over reaction going on here. We got had by a quicker x prem league out fit as we did at Bournemouth in the seconed half there. 

The main problem strikes me as not taking out chances. We should of been winning half time at Bournemouth and had enough chances to draw today 

Yes we are in need of Williams and Walsh to be fit. But it is not as desperste as is being conveyed here. It's the championship we will get beat by good teams. And considering our injurys I feel we not doing to bad 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Spot on mago bin a big problem for a very long time were far to soft

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Desperate for Walsh and Williams imo. Both good players who are sure to get stuck in. 
Finally might keep decent possession, but be aggressive and get stuck in as Holden said we would, without it. 
As his first season noone can deny hes been incredibly unlucky with what are potentially 5 of our top players being injured. 
But playing that powderpuff midfield that my nan could make more tackles than, is not his finest moment!

Let's assume Walsh and Williams are back after the international break (I'm not holding my breath given the number of times we have been told they would be back in 2 weeks). They have had no pre-season and no match practice so they are unlikely to be in contention for some time after that.

So we may have to look forward to a midfield 3 with 1 actual midfielder in it for a while yet.

9 minutes ago, nickolas said:

When appointed Holden highlighted the fact that the team has been weak and that he would ensure that his teams would be competitive for the ball.

I sincerely hope that he meant it and that today was not what he expects from his teams - he needs to ram it into these players that 100% effort in all aspects of the game is a minimum requirement - and that includes getting stuck in or taking one for the team. They need a hell of a bollocking after that "performance".

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

When appointed Holden highlighted the fact that the team has been weak and that he would ensure that his teams would be competitive for the ball.

I sincerely hope that he meant it and that today was not what he expects from his teams - he needs to ram it into these players that 100% effort in all aspects of the game is a minimum requirement - and that includes getting stuck in or taking one for the team. They need a hell of a bollocking after that "performance".

Exactly. 
He said we needed to effectively beat teams up. 
Well, we barely broke a nail trying today. 
I was looking forward to aggression, commitment and beating teams up. Injuries aside, i havent seen anything like this yet!

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

The weak 11 on the pitch are selected by Holden. They are coached by Holden . 

Holden has been part of this set up for 4 years 

You have every right to take a pop at him . 

You know what Andy I sometimes look at the negativity of your posts and wonder if you even like city, but today as much as I wanted LJ you succeed and likewise Holden I totally agree with you.

Something isn’t right behind the scenes and especially for me how we seem to ruin the confidence of our flair players, like Palmer/ massengo/ Wells.

Can see it being a tough winter

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Let's assume Walsh and Williams are back after the international break (I'm not holding my breath given the number of times we have been told they would be back in 2 weeks). They have had no pre-season and no match practice so they are unlikely to be in contention for some time after that.

So we may have to look forward to a midfield 3 with 1 actual midfielder in it for a while yet.

or we could just pick Nagy, Massengo and Bakinson, but Holden i fear will continue with round pegs in square holes, rather than admit he has got it wrong.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Surely if he meant that he wouldn't pick players in midfield who either can't or won't tackle.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

or we could just pick Nagy, Massengo and Bakinson, but Holden i fear will continue with round pegs in square holes, rather than admit he has got it wrong.

It will be interesting to see if he proves as stubborn as LJ in refusing to admit he was wrong. Have we swapped the tombola for a closed shop I wonder?

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

I started for a moment to think that Holden was getting a team together that would be more physical and have a bit of fire in their belly but as usual hope evaporates at City. He seems to offer very little. He seems similar to Johnson his ex leader. How bloody dissapointing. I wonder how long his reign will last before Lansdown admits he has screwed up for the umpteenth time in his selection of manager.

DH , like his predecessor, talks a good game (admittedly without the management speak, or buzz phrases), but INHO he's not up to it .

19 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

You know what Andy I sometimes look at the negativity of your posts and wonder if you even like city, but today as much as I wanted LJ you succeed and likewise Holden I totally agree with you.

Something isn’t right behind the scenes and especially for me how we seem to ruin the confidence of our flair players, like Palmer/ massengo/ Wells.

Can see it being a tough winter

I never liked LJ. Never tried to hide it either 

I actually really like Holden. The bloke has a real humble approach and a real passion for the game, the club and the fans . You can see how much it means to him . I truely mean it when I say I would love it if he got us in the top 6

The anger and frustration I have shouldn’t be aimed at him. It should be aimed at the cretins who run the club day to day . Mark Ashton and Jon Lansdown are the main two I have issues with. Neither one of them are fit for purpose 

Saying that....at the end of the day he took the job, and with it comes the responsibility of knowing he would be under huge pressure right from the off 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Consider if Wells had hit the target with any 1,2,3 or all of his 4 attempts. Sadly he got none, even the pen. We haven't got to change 11,we just need to change one up top and return to a back 4

At least Wells had chances. Not many from others. Bentley was sound considering how poor our defenders were. Paterson and Brunt not good enough and soft. Thought O'Dowda was reasonable although to often he tried dribbling the ball out of our penalty area and got robbed. Nagy and Massengo should have started. As for the forwards, why was Wells scoring goals for fun for QPR but is struggling for us? But the mystery for me is Walsh and Williams.

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I think we need to make the midfield more solid....lose the two twinkle-toes and get some taller, ball winning players who can hold onto the ball and distribute properly.

It feels like midfield has been our problem for years, stemming back to LJ, who seemed to focus on busy-bee technical players.

You're right, I just don't think it works in this division. You need technical players with pace and skill yes, but they need more physicality than we currently have in the squad.

Off the ball we're too easy to dominate, with it, unless we're moving it quickly or the opposition just sit back, we're too easy to knock off it. 

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I never liked LJ. Never tried to hide it either 

I actually really like Holden. The bloke has a real humble approach and a real passion for the game, the club and the fans . You can see how much it means to him . I truely mean it when I say I would love it if he got us in the top 6

The anger and frustration I have shouldn’t be aimed at him. It should be aimed at the cretins who run the club day to day . Mark Ashton and Jon Lansdown are the main two I have issues with. Neither one of them are fit for purpose 

Saying that....at the end of the day he took the job, and with it comes the responsibility of knowing he would be under huge pressure right from the off 

We’re on the exact same page Andy. Agree with every word. 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

It feels like midfield has been our problem for years, stemming back to LJ, who seemed to focus on busy-bee technical players.

You're right, I just don't think it works in this division. You need technical players with pace and skill yes, but they need more physicality than we currently have in the squad.

Off the ball we're too easy to dominate, with it, unless we're moving it quickly or the opposition just sit back, we're too easy to knock off it. 

3 Bakinsons (when playing well) would be OK ! 

Archived