IGNORED

Paterson

LoyalRed

Another assist today.

2 goals and 2 assists this season. Average it out, that's around 10 and 10 for the season which is a great return from a midfield player.

Now, does he entirely suit the role? No. Does he cost us goals going the other way? Yes.

But at least he contributes attacking wise. So could he be in that actual number ten role, have less defensive responsibilities and more attacking freedom and it work better for us? Absolutely.

I'd be tempted to play him with Martin up front.

6 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Can’t for the life of me figure out why we sold or loaned out all our creativity to put all our faith in this one player.  A guy we loaned out last season to Derby and even they wouldn’t play him.  He’s got the number 10 shirt but he’s hardly Messi

Hardly Messi? Obviously.... he is a championship player. Name me a number 10 who is messi esque? 

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

Another assist today.

2 goals and 2 assists this season. Average it out, that's around 10 and 10 for the season which is a great return from a midfield player.

Now, does he entirely suit the role? No. Does he cost us goals going the other way? Yes.

But at least he contributes attacking wise. So could he be in that actual number ten role, have less defensive responsibilities and more attacking freedom and it work better for us? Absolutely.

I'd be tempted to play him with Martin up front.

Your spot on, he’s another player out of position, Holden falling into the same old Johnson trap, play to people’s strengths!!

We lost, so many on here won’t be listening but I thought he was ok today & as has already been pointed out, provided another assist.

My problem is expecting him to start game after game without a break, could easily have put Nagy on after 65 & given him a rest but we made the same 3 subs every game, 2 strikers on & Brunt for Bakinson (or the other way round).

Just now, JonDolman said:

He had some bad games going a few games back. Don't really get what was too bad about that performance, or midweek. He worked hard and helped create some good moves today.

Problem for me was mostly the back 3 and Brunt. Down to individuals to do better but not helped by our shape against theirs.

I am not sure now if we persevere with this back 3 formation or maybe go back to basics in a 4231.

Holden wont play with 1 up top.....especially When wells Martin and diedhiou are literally strikers not wide men.

11 minutes ago, daored said:

How do we know Walsh will improve us - he’s an unknown at this level. Williams based on performances for Wigan should 

We do not for sure, but really good chance he will simply on his outstanding form from last season and the comments from LJ before his demise, and DH saying he has a big role to play, then of course Williams as our big signing.... these two cannot do anything but improve us. Sooner the better... the eternal optimist.

He's a number 10, not really a winger and certainty not a central midfielder.

If we are going to persist with a 3-5-2 then we need to change the midfield 3 and play him in front of 2 proper central midfielders.. 

24 minutes ago, daored said:

How do we know Walsh will improve us - he’s an unknown at this level. Williams based on performances for Wigan should 

Spot on.

Some claim Walsh is virtually the son of God solely based on what he did in L1.

Aside from the fact that his availability record really isn’t great for us (not just this season, when he got his chance at Ipswich 2 seasons ago he went off injured & didn’t feature again all season), there is nothing to base this on, but apparently if he ever gets fit again he will be in the side in front of Paterson, we’ll see..

12 minutes ago, M.D said:

If we are going to persist with a 3-5-2 then we need to change the midfield 3 and play him in front of 2 proper central midfielders.. 

Totally agree with this. 

Pato - the usual whipping boy of the forum. He was not that bad today - set up the goal and involved in a few moves. He can’t seem to play a full 90 minutes though 

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We lost, so many on here won’t be listening but I thought he was ok today & as has already been pointed out, provided another assist.

My problem is expecting him to start game after game without a break, could easily have put Nagy on after 65 & given him a rest but we made the same 3 subs every game, 2 strikers on & Brunt for Bakinson (or the other way round).

Yeah exactly. Had a good game 1st half against Bournemouth. Then was clearly absolutely knackered after 70, which was when he started misplacing passes.

Archived