IGNORED

November

NewquayRed

I saw our lads battling against , let’s be honest , a superior team.

Pukki is a Prem striker and if we had him instead of Wells then we would have got at least a draw but we haven’t so we need to calm down .

We are a ‘ young ‘ team and not the finished article. Every match is close in this division and we could quite easily win the next match if we have the luck our endeavours deserve.

27 minutes ago, Honiton Tony said:

Bottom three at Christmas

Interesting prediction, so you reckon Coventry are going to get 7 more points than us by then, plus Rotherham will get 6 more?

I presume you don’t seriously think that Sheffield Wednesday, who are presently 18 points behind us or Wycombe, who are 10 points behind (with a goal difference that is also 10 worse than ours) are miraculously going to?

Embarrassing.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Pukki is a Prem striker and if we had him instead of Wells then we would have got at least a draw but we haven’t so we need to calm down .

We are a ‘ young ‘ team and not the finished article. Every match is close in this division and we could quite easily win the next match if we have the luck our endeavours deserve.

I disagree. If we had Pukki, we wouldn’t have the players with the skill to recognise his movement and find him. If Pukki played for city, he would look distinctly average. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting prediction, so you reckon Coventry are going to get 7 more points than us by then, plus Rotherham will get 6 more?

I presume you don’t seriously think that Sheffield Wednesday, who are presently 18 points behind us or Wycombe, who are 10 points behind (with a goal difference that is also 10 worse than ours) are miraculously going to?

Embarrassing.

If Wycombe or Sheffield Wednesday get ahead of us this season I think we will be relegated 

16 minutes ago, Midred said:

Our saving grace is that Huddersfield could be our last match until December.

According to BBC only the Premier league and other "elite" sports can carry on during the lockdown.

EFL is considered Elite, but don’t forget most people aren’t aware there’s football beneath the PL. ??‍♂️

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Well written. I expect a few Reading fans will be doubting the remainder of their season based on Coventry result. Cardiff done at QPR, Watford dropped at home, Wall ko’d by Hudds, Wednesday woes still continue...as for Chris Hughton’s Forest, none on here who wanted to give him the red carpet have mentioned him much lately. This is the league we live in. The hype on here is soulless and sad in equal measures. Makes me squirm when forum contributors refer to ‘the promise land’ with no ironical hint. This league much cooler. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It might be early in Holden tenure , we are not a young team by any stretch. Our average age for this team is about 27 , with plenty of experience through the team. I agree we are not the finished article, we can't be until we have a fit squad to pick from. Before Bakinson came on we didn't have anyone with the vision to have played Puki in, though I agree, I think he would have made more of the chances that fell to Wells. 
Our next 4 games are almost impossible to call, if you ever could in the Championship, we need to step up with a lot of things through the team. 
Holden has had his honeymoon, this is where he starts to earn his spurs.

On 31/10/2020 at 21:32, 1960maaan said:

It might be early in Holden tenure , we are not a young team by any stretch. Our average age for this team is about 27 , with plenty of experience through the team. I agree we are not the finished article, we can't be until we have a fit squad to pick from. Before Bakinson came on we didn't have anyone with the vision to have played Puki in, though I agree, I think he would have made more of the chances that fell to Wells. 

I've heard Holden trot out this "young team" line a few times in recent weeks and it's irked me.

As you correctly point out, we're not young in terms of average age of the squad or experience. I would add that we also haven't made multiple new signings that need integrating into the squad. Plus the fact he was part of the old regime for four years and is pally with the players - we're anything but a "young team".

Holden's straight-talking approach is refreshing when compared to LJ's jargon-filled gobbledygook, but saying we're a "young team" is bollocks. 

35 minutes ago, tin said:

I've heard Holden trot out this "young team" line a few times in recent weeks and it's irked me.

As you correctly point out, we're not young in terms of average age of the squad or experience. I would add that we also haven't made multiple new signings that need integrating into the squad. Plus the fact he was part of the old regime for four years and is pally with the players - we're anything but a "young team".

Holden's straight-talking approach is refreshing when compared to LJ's jargon-filled gobbledygook, but saying we're a "young team" is bollocks. 

I agree in this context.  Young team compared to how long he’s had them, fair enough....but I don’t think it’s a valid excuse.  Get on with it.

On 31/10/2020 at 22:32, 1960maaan said:

Our next 4 games are almost impossible to call, if you ever could in the Championship, we need to step up with a lot of things through the team. 
Holden has had his honeymoon, this is where he starts to earn his spurs.

What I mean by ‘ young team ‘ is that it is a team that haven’t played together , as a team , in that configuration very often , if at all.

On 31/10/2020 at 20:04, Midred said:

Our saving grace is that Huddersfield could be our last match until December.

According to BBC only the Premier league and other "elite" sports can carry on during the lockdown.

High likelihood it's complete bollocks then.

41 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What I mean by ‘ young team ‘ is that it is a team that haven’t played together , as a team , in that configuration very often , if at all.

Fair point, but....

Even so, the "new players , Brunt , Martin , Mawson are all very experienced and their upheaval is minimal. Sessignon hardly deserves a mention as he's hardly featured and Williams hasn't. Even though the pre season was shortened, the bulk of the squad played the end of last year in Holden's probational period. Same system, same players same coach that has been here for 4 years previously. I think it really is a stretch to call it a new team when only Bakinson has come in with limited experience. He's had terrible luck with injuries, and that is a fair argument to fall back on. But young team? Not an excuse I think is valid. 5 new players came in 1 out before the start, 2 more out now, that leaves 2 new signings in reality. Even with the younger players coming in, Bakinson is the only unexpected inclusion. 

Archived