IGNORED

DEAN HOLDEN READ THIS

Topper 123

Today was a pathetic limp attempt to win a game of football by a team managed by you , I think sky pointed out we haven’t won a game in last 20 when going 1 down in league ,now that stinks of a team with a lack of passion and this was evident on the pitch today ?i don’t think there was one tackle to get the blood flowing ,plenty of limp legs hanging out for a tackle but not one player who put his body into the tackle to WIN I’m not surprised we get so many injuries, and players running back with no intent to get near the tackle in other words going through the motion and as poor and pathetic a bunch they looked to the whole country it’s YOUR job to drive and motivate and that begins on the training ground through the changing room and from touch line to pitch .I really think they need a bollocking their not good enough to play out from back , we played first 20 minutes in our half ffs ( 0-2 down ) that shouldn’t happen at home until we get better players hard graft and determination and spirit is all we have but you got to get it out of em or weed the weak out 

Been a problem for a while. No leaders, no one prepared to put a tackle in.

Think we tried to rectify this by signing Williams, but he’s not been able to play.

There’s no one in our team who can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and get going. A midfield of Bakinson, Williams and Walsh may be interesting. God knows how long we’ll have to wait for that though.

I understand you banter between squad members and manager but every video I see of a training session is the same.. What's new? What's new in the in the way we play? What's new in playing strikers consistently? I'm all for giving Holden a chance even though I don't agree he should be still at the club because he's nice...But what's honestly changed? Apart from the consistent formation.Honestly anyone think the squads good enough for gaining promotion!!!!

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Some truths in the OP though.

Bullshit. As soon as posters accuse players of “going through the motions” in matches  I question whether they have played the game and immediately switch off. Emotion is clearly getting the better of people and the whole principle of “I have a message for Dean Holden” is just self indulgent, narcissistic bullshit.

Just now, Hampshire reds said:

Did we sign joe Williams knowing he was injured ?

Yes we did. Yet again the club failed to convey basic information to the fans at the time. It was slipped in on a slow news day. This wasn’t some “trade secret” that we could keep to gain a competitive advantage?. People blaming Dean Holden for what they consider to be “the state of the club” are so wide of the mark.

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Bullshit. As soon as posters accuse players of “going through the motions” I question whether they have played the game and immediately switch off. Emotion is clearly getting the better of people and the whole principle of “I have a message for Dean Holden” is just self indulgent, narcissistic bullshit.

Absolutely right and why I don’t come on here after a defeat.

The OP fails to give any credit to Norwich who were pretty damn good and they were in the PL last season as B’muff were. Both of them had a bit more quality than City.

Get over it!

Just now, Robbored said:

Absolutely right and why I don’t come on here after a defeat.

The OP fails to give any credit to Norwich who were pretty damn good and they were in the PL last season as B’muff were. Both of them had a bit more quality than City.

Get over it!

There seems to be a number of people who fail to acknowledge that we had a go yesterday whatever our failings and the result and that Tim Krul was one of the better players on the pitch yesterday.

Magger1 is clearly a passionate City fan who wants his club to do well and is frustrated by our poor performances to the extent that he has felt the need to convey his feelings in a post - I would never criticise anyone for that.

Regarding the post...I think our poor performances are down to the weak midfield and we need to replace both or one of Pato and COD with more solid players who can tackle, are comfortable on the ball and can distribute the ball well. 

A effective midfield can take the pressure off the defence and create opportunities for the forwards. 

Bakinson, Walsh and Williams may eventually provide that but we need them sooner rather than later! 

9 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Today was a pathetic limp attempt to win a game of football by a team managed by you , I think sky pointed out we haven’t won a game in last 20 when going 1 down in league ,now that stinks of a team with a lack of passion and this was evident on the pitch today ?i don’t think there was one tackle to get the blood flowing ,plenty of limp legs hanging out for a tackle but not one player who put his body into the tackle to WIN I’m not surprised we get so many injuries, and players running back with no intent to get near the tackle in other words going through the motion and as poor and pathetic a bunch they looked to the whole country it’s YOUR job to drive and motivate and that begins on the training ground through the changing room and from touch line to pitch .I really think they need a bollocking their not good enough to play out from back , we played first 20 minutes in our half ffs ( 0-2 down ) that shouldn’t happen at home until we get better players hard graft and determination and spirit is all we have but you got to get it out of em or weed the weak out 

‘Location: Horfield’

Nope. I gave him a ‘like’ because I am seeing exactly the same thing and have seen it for years. We’re soft as a Club, soft as a team and soft as individuals. No leadership, little physicality. 

Part the reason I gave Kalas and Bents  ‘7’s was at least they seemed to try and had some semblance of passion in their performances. The rest were a pretty sorry state.  

Teams have a tendency to take on the character of the manager. I like Deano and hope his character is imposed on the Club sooner rather than later.

Some players though just are unable to adapt and the sooner he deals with them , rather than plays them FFS, the better. The standards of Bakinson, who is still learning his trade, are already slipping I suspect due partly to what he sees going around him from the established pros. This is not good.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes we did.

Yet again the club failed to convey basic information to the fans at the time. It was slipped in on a slow news day. This wasn’t some “trade secret” that we could keep to gain a competitive advantage?. People blaming Dean Holden for what they consider to be “the state of the club” are so wide of the mark.

No we didn’t 

He was injured in a in house match at Failand pre season

Some valid points from OP I believe . 
We are/have been weak in MF, some of that is down to the players, but Holden picks a team with one central midfielder against 2 promotion favs and (Boro) a team you know will work and needle. Yesterday I said elsewhere, Vyner switches off for the first (a habit he has on occasion) , and Moore has pushed up leaving space for the 2nd & 3rd. The thing is it is not just their fault. We are trying to win games by playing 2 strikers & 2 wingers/No 10s/AMF. They fed balls into Puki and runners all afternoon, that is a lot easier if there is little or no pressure on the ball and we made it easy for very good players. TBH I thought COD had a good game but that system leaves us light in MF. It seems systems change, managers change but 1 in CMF doesn't.
I've seen the comments about dangling a leg on other threads, can't argue. Going through the motions? Harsh, but when you see us lose possession for the umpteenth time and see players jog back, it doesn't look great. I said there were several moments when 2 players left the ball for each other. Again on another thread it was pointed out that COD was taken out on 3 occasions when breaking, I can't remember seeing us make a hard challenge all day. If we ever see Williams in a City shirt he will add some steel, but even that will be wasted if the others in MF are the likes of Paterson and COD.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Possibly, though would have been pointless if Williams had not got injured. I certainly don't see how Brunt is a better option than Korey though.

agree

We know Korey was a good lad and a leader

Cant believe we've even saved on wages

Not against bringing Brunt in , but the two decisons, as a combination,  strange 

You could argue that Brunt could also cover LWB but Korey has shown he could fill in the same on right side if he was needed to

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

There seems to be a number of people who fail to acknowledge that we had a go yesterday whatever our failings and the result and that Tim Krul was one of the better players on the pitch yesterday.

I agree. I thought WITH the ball we actually played quite well, especially when we resorted to 4 at the back giving us an extra body in midfield. I can think of 3-4 moments of us having great chance to score. The problem yesterday was WITHOUT the ball, mainly in the first half.

Guaranteed if Wells had scored the pen and we'd lost 3-2 there wouldn't have been one thread on him today. But he missed the penalty in a poor way (no one complained of him scoring like that v Swansea) and now it's he's a waste of a signing, poor player, doesn't want to be here, bad character, etc.

10 hours ago, Chappers said:

Sad post, and quite sure Dean won’t waste his eyesight on this 

Unfortunately not sad. I just watched the high lights on Foxtel. I hope this is not another downward spiral we experienced that started late November early December last season.. 

Archived