IGNORED

All things Bristol City U23's

Lrrr

No idea of the calibre of the opposition but that is an excellent result, especially with Britton having gone out on loan again, Towler presumably kept back as 19th man for tomorrow & losing a player (Soady) in the warm up.

Super effort.

44 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If I recall correctly, City’s sole defeat was against Sheffield UTD - I always did fear them.

But they don’t appear in our league - presumably in the Northern Group, so how does this actually work, i.e. why do we play against a team from the Northern Group?

We also beat Crewe the other day. Perhaps we play every team in both leagues?

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If I recall correctly, City’s sole defeat was against Sheffield UTD - I always did fear them.

But they don’t appear in our league - presumably in the Northern Group, so how does this actually work, i.e. why do we play against a team from the Northern Group?

Play each team in your region home and away, only play teams in the north group once and usually alternate home and away each season.

@ShtanleyBit of a disservice in last post, Z.Bell is also a 1st year scholar and Kadji who came on late is another.  

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Play each team in your region home and away, only play teams in the north group once and usually alternate home and away each season.

@ShtanleyBit of a disservice in last post, Z.Bell is also a 1st year scholar and Kadji who came on late is another.  

I believe city had a few self isolating. Hence the younger ones getting in squad. 

4 hours ago, Magger1 said:

So why do we not see these youngsters intergrate with the first team surely some of these young men who I guess are full of running are worth a place on the bench , this is what fans want exciting fast football,bring in the kids 

Opi Edwards tonight, Towler recently. Others travelling and training with the first team, baby steps maybe but a definite move to integrate them more. Coupled with that we have several out getting games or similar experiences elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did Opi make it onto the bench tonight, BBC has Bakinson listed

OS report has the same in the official line up but then the body of the report says 

"Tyreeq Bakinson had to be withdrawn after being included in the original line-up after experiencing a severe headache, and he was replaced by Nagy. As a result, Opi Edwards earned a place on the bench."

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It was Edwards. Bakinson had a severe headache. Pretty sure if you pull out with ten mins to go till kick off you can’t go on the bench 

I suspect that Edwards was de facto on the bench, but the official team sheets that the BBC and other write ups use wasn't amended because the change was so late? So reports show Bakinson, but it was Edwards in reality.

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

OS report has the same in the official line up but then the body of the report says 

"Tyreeq Bakinson had to be withdrawn after being included in the original line-up after experiencing a severe headache, and he was replaced by Nagy. As a result, Opi Edwards earned a place on the bench."

yeah, I heard the new from Lisa Knights.....so BBC Wrong?

@LondonBristolian can you sort your chaps out from PA Media again.  ta.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

yeah, I heard the new from Lisa Knights.....so BBC Wrong?

@LondonBristolian can you sort your chaps out from PA Media again.  ta.

As LB will tell you, in matches below the top tier they are usually stringers - amateur guys and girls paid on a one-match basis to feed data in to PA Sports.

They can get it wrong.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As LB will tell you, in matches below the top tier they are usually stringers - amateur guys and girls paid on a one-match basis to feed data in to PA Sports.

They can get it wrong.

We got Chris Martin’s assist (Jack Hunt) back the other week after it was wrongly chalked off by both Opta and BBC (PA media).

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

We got Chris Martin’s assist (Jack Hunt) back the other week after it was wrongly chalked off by both Opta and BBC (PA media).

That doesn't surprise me. I've been to matches then read the PA Sports report and thought, was the author actually there?

Apologies for assigning you to such a ramshackle outfit @LondonBristolian

On 04/11/2020 at 11:13, Red-Robbo said:

That doesn't surprise me. I've been to matches then read the PA Sports report and thought, was the author actually there?

Apologies for assigning you to such a ramshackle outfit @LondonBristolian

I used to work for PA. They used to send people to the PL matches and occasional Championship games, but all the other reports for their wire service - which goes out to the BBC website and loads of national newspapers - is done from their office in Howden. So, no, the authors usually aren't there. 

26 minutes ago, tin said:

I used to work for PA. They used to send people to the PL matches and occasional Championship games, but all the other reports for their wire service - which goes out to the BBC website and loads of national newspapers - is done from their office in Howden. So, no, the authors usually aren't there. 

Unless they've changed, usually a local stringer will provide the basis of reports then written in full from Howden. My friend Derek used to do lots of London and South-East ones.

You were lucky to get out, @tin.  Jobs have been decimated at PA.

They used to have one lady covering the entire West Country and Wales for news. Now she's gone and only very occasionally will a reporter venture out to pursue a story west of Reading. It's led to rise of unreliable sources, like SWNS.

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unless they've changed, usually a local stringer will provide the basis of reports then written in full from Howden. My friend Derek used to do lots of London and South-East ones.

You were lucky to get out, @tin.  Jobs have been decimated at PA.

They used to have one lady covering the entire West Country and Wales for news. Now she's gone and only very occasionally will a reporter venture out to pursue a story west of Reading. It's led to rise of unreliable sources, like SWNS.

It was about 10 years ago I worked for them. Their Football24 service used stringers from all over the country, I dabbled in a bit of that on weekends. You're right about the jobs being decimated. That's just the industry, though - on it's knees (and not because of the virus). 

Archived