IGNORED

All things Bristol City U23's

Lrrr

Seems Gregor has taken up the mantle and asked about Baldwin. Fair play Gregor. ?

Apparently tore his hamstring in preseason. Due to return to training in the coming weeks (we all know what that can mean!!). 

Wasn’t given a squad number (although other injured players were??)
That’s also a pretty lengthy recovery from a hammy. Even the worst tears ought to have you back in 2-3 months. If he did this preseason, and he’s due back in the coming weeks, you’re looking at 7-8 months!!!! Mmmmm.....

Another player not happy with the medical team, perhaps??? 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Seems Gregor has taken up the mantle and asked about Baldwin. Fair play Gregor. ?

Apparently tore his hamstring in preseason. Due to return to training in the coming weeks (we all know what that can mean!!). 

That’s also a pretty lengthy recovery from a hammy. Even the worst tears ought to have you back in 2-3 months. If he did this preseason, and he’s due back in the coming weeks, you’re looking at 7-8 months!!!! Mmmmm.....

U23's season started mid September, probably wasn't around the 1st team with their separate bubbles so if he did it during their pre-season would put it at 5 currently, longer than you say for the average but not at the 7/8 month mark (yet)

Just now, Lrrr said:

U23's season started mid September, probably wasn't around the 1st team with their separate bubbles so if he did it during their pre-season would put it at 5 currently, longer than you say for the average but not at the 7/8 month mark (yet)

But wasn’t given a squad number, other 23’s were. So must’ve been during 1st team pre season. Given he was also part of the first team squad last season. 
I’m convinced we’re not being told the truth on this one. 

But wasn’t given a squad number, other 23’s were. So must’ve been during 1st team pre season. Given he was also part of the first team squad last season. 
I’m convinced we’re not being told the truth on this one. 

Which u23's were given a 1st team squad number during pre-season?

Towler, Morton, Bakinson, Semenyo, Wollacott. 

The squad numbers were announced the day before the Exeter game, Towler, Morton, Bakinson were all due to be in the squad vs Exeter, Jojo was staying around as third choice keeper so would need one and Antoine was clearly going to be part of the match day squad at minimum. Baldwin out injured would have no need for a squad number imminently like those you've listed and other u23's have been given a squad number when they're due to be with 1st team squad as Sam Bell mentioned when he got given a choice of 3 the day before. Baldwin travelled as 19th man often previously so needed a squad number then as opposed to now.

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The squad numbers were announced the day before the Exeter game, Towler, Morton, Bakinson were all due to be in the squad vs Exeter, Jojo was staying around as third choice keeper so would need one and Antoine was clearly going to be part of the match day squad at minimum. Baldwin out injured would have no need for a squad number imminently like those you've listed and other u23's have been given a squad number when they're due to be with 1st team squad as Sam Bell mentioned when he got given a choice of 3 the day before. Baldwin travelled as 19th man often previously so needed a squad number then as opposed to now.

Maybe I’m seeing something that’s not there. Fair do’s. 
I just thought it was interesting (nay, intriguing) that we’d not heard a thing about him or his injury from anyone at the club, until pressed by Gregor, and we discover ‘another’ lengthy muscle injury. 

Sometimes when things aren’t offered openly at will, they don’t add up very easily in my suspicious mind. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Maybe I’m seeing something that’s not there. Fair do’s. 
I just thought it was interesting (nay, intriguing) that we’d not heard a thing about him or his injury from anyone at the club, until pressed by Gregor, and we discover ‘another’ lengthy muscle injury. 

Sometimes when things aren’t offered openly at will, they don’t add up very easily in my suspicious mind. 

Perhaps, but is it up to Dean to talk about injuries to u23’s players if they’re not part of the 1st team squad? 

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Perhaps, but is it up to Dean to talk about injuries to u23’s players if they’re not part of the 1st team squad? 

Not Dean necessarily. Just an article on the website? 
We don’t seem to be a very transparent club at the moment. And the lack of ‘news’ on the u23’s has always been mentioned too. 

Does seem slightly inconsistent with what was being reported on September 22nd...

Dean Holden: "We’re still looking to trim the squad ... I think we’ve got too many numbers. Obviously we ‘ve got some injuries at the moment but players want to play football. As the window goes on we’ll see what we can do with that. ... Aden [Baldwin], I’ve not heard anything regarding Aden. He’s been training with the U23s at the moment and that’s all there is on that."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dean-holden-admits-interest-bristol-4539269

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Same injury as Baker whose  been out 5 months now as did his end of August.  All our hamstring injuries seem to be pbs for length of time to recover from ! Something isn’t right is it?

Sessegnon either doing better or worse than expected, hopefully a case better and included with 1st team tomorrow. No 23's minutes for Paterson after Saturday being a bit too soon for him would have been a chance for an easy 45. 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Full back is he? I know Allen is a full back and Towler and Low centre backs so I expect Lesson might be a full back.

Soady injured. Maybe Harper part of our squad tomorrow as Towler and Smith returned to 23s.

Team looks in formation order so you'd assume so

Archived