IGNORED

All things Bristol City U23's

Lrrr

47 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

No Towler essentially confirms (barring injury...) he's in the match day squad for tomorrow and we haven't needed him on the bench recently with a back 4 so guessing we're mimicking this (getting Sessegnon practice at WB) and going back 3 tomorrow.

Line-up suggest Sessegnon LB, or LCB (if a 5), with Harper LWB.

What system are they playing....assume you’re there?

Just now, Davefevs said:

Line-up suggest Sessegnon LB, or LCB (if a 5), with Harper LWB.

What system are they playing....assume you’re there?

Based on the names and order (praise for media team for doing it this year makes it easier to guess)

Jojo

Bell.        Low.       Webb

Sessegnon                                           Harper

Smith     Owers.      Scott

Conway     Britton

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Based on the names and order (praise for media team for doing it this year makes it easier to guess)

Jojo

Conway     Britton

Ta. Makes sense.

1 minute ago, BOSRed said:

All the praise and new contract, I’m surprised Benarous not starting unless he’s being kept fresh for tomorrow?

Think at least Z.Smith and J.Owers have been in-front of him all season, and A.Scott has been playing a fair bit too.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Think at least Z.Smith and J.Owers have been in-front of him all season, and A.Scott has been playing a fair bit too.

I guess it’s up to Ayman to prove himself to be better than the others. Wonder if physical development plays a greater role there rather than talent 

18 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Jojo

Conway     Britton

Nice shape to that team. Wonder if we'll see that elsewhere sometime soon... :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Britton seems to be on the sheet regularly. Does Sam Bell score more regularly than Britton when he’s involved? 

Britton scores more but different types of players.  Britton is a bit of an old school target man, big and strong. Bell more slight, quicker and more of a number 10

What has been surprising is that Britton has gone on loan to levels I would have thought would be ideal for him and not done much. Not sure why that is 

4 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Britton seems to be on the sheet regularly. Does Sam Bell score more regularly than Britton when he’s involved? 

Things to factor in, Bell obviously been with 1st team a while now, Britton been out on loan and Conway has spent most the season out on loan. Just comes down to how many minutes they've played really to make distinctions.

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 15.42.54.png

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just wasn't getting game time to be fair.

Exactly. The fact he couldn’t get in the starting XI is odd.   Good chance he just scores a lot with under 23s because he is big and strong. Goes to proper men’s football and isn’t anything special.  Certainly his touch and passing aren’t great from what I’ve seen 

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Exactly. The fact he couldn’t get in the starting XI is odd.   Good chance he just scores a lot with under 23s because he is big and strong. Goes to proper men’s football and isn’t anything special.  Certainly his touch and passing aren’t great from what I’ve seen 

Definitely a theory, and might be what happens.  I guess the flip is he gets stronger and bigger (not taller) and therefore attains the level required.  E.g. becomes a bit like a Matt Smith type player, who was in his 20s before his strength caught up the rest of his bulky physique.

One to watch (at least).

• Admin

Game finished 4-3

The table makes for good reading now, one more victory to guarantee top spot

20210209_164355.jpg

2 hours ago, BOSRed said:

All the praise and new contract, I’m surprised Benarous not starting unless he’s being kept fresh for tomorrow?

We haven't signed "one for the future" for a while now

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Charlton thought they were playing our 1st team so didn’t bring a keeper with them 

I don't understand this comment???

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Game finished 4-3

The table makes for good reading now, one more victory to guarantee top spot

20210209_164355.jpg

We haven't signed "one for the future" for a while now

I don't understand this comment???

Wouldn't need to make any saves as our forwards don't shoot.

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Did alright in proper mens football as a 17 year old, scoring goals in the Southern league where defenders try and cut you in half. Scored 5 in one game, not many have done that in that league and at that age.

6 minutes ago, Zip Nolan said:

Did alright in proper mens football as a 17 year old, scoring goals in the Southern league where defenders try and cut you in half. Scored 5 in one game, not many have done that in that league and at that age.

Took today’s goals well....just seen them on his old man’s FB page.

Archived