IGNORED

All things Bristol City U23's

Lrrr

Just now, phantom said:

Looking at this are we to assume that all those "first team" players who played in the last game are now fit enough? 

Could be a case they're required for tomorrows match day squad and therefore won't be played in this even if they're a sub tomorrow incase they need to come on in the first 5 mins, even though in all likelihood we have someone else on the bench who could come on instead. ie instead of Baker we could bring on Moore/Towler, instead of O'Dowda we could bring on Pearson, same for Watkins. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bit surprised the likes of Towler and Bell aren't featuring today?

Basically means Pearson wants them under his eye at training doesn't it, or doesn't want to risk an injury to them, after Bell coming on last game would be a sucker punch to him to pick up an injury.

15 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Can someone enlighten me why we played Barnsley as we are in the South Group?

Apologies if this has been raised before.

Play all the teams in your region home and away, play the teams in the other group once and alternate (generally) home and away each season.

8 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Do we get a lot of penalties? Every time I drop in on this topic we seem to have one in a game! 

Our 23's appear to be the Man Utd of the academy league for getting penalties, however the better sides naturally get in the opposition box more often so some causality

25 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Can someone enlighten me why we played Barnsley as we are in the South Group?

Apologies if this has been raised before.

Barnsley is in South Yorkshire. 

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Owura back playing 

09A77014-AAD9-4A7A-9D2A-8207BE0B4617.jpeg

Been training for a while, I believe?

Not been in the first team squad since NP took over (appreciate he was injured for bit) but maybe an indication he’s seen as at that level for now?

Interesting that the QPR game aside we aren’t using these games for the likes of Baker, Watkins or Rowe.

Suggests to me a greater separation of the teams under Pearson.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not been in the first team squad since NP took over (appreciate he was injured for bit) but maybe an indication he’s seen as at that level for now?

Interesting that the QPR game aside we aren’t using these games for the likes of Baker, Watkins or Rowe.

Edwards only featured in one game a couple of games ago perhaps too soon to chuck him back in? Also its international break so a good chance to get some minutes in him, surprised a couple more aren't playing here

They're like busses!

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Tommy Rowe suggesting 1st team training matches at a better intensity than u23s, so he’s got up to speed doing that.

Archived