IGNORED

All things Bristol City U23's

Lrrr

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

There must be at least 200 seats facing the pitch so I would hope they could let supporters in to watch games.

That's what I thought the plan was. 
Just did a search and it says 400 seats, don't think that will just be for press. :yes:

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That's what I thought the plan was. 
Just did a search and it says 400 seats, don't think that will just be for press. :yes:

I think the womens team are earmarked to play a few games there next season..

4 minutes ago, Malago said:

It was mentioned in commentary today that that the U23s have a play off semi final coming up.  Anybody know against whom and when?.  Can’t see anything on the OS.

Thanks

Birmingham on Friday.

Its on Robins TV apparently.

14 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered else where!!

but if we win this play off and the final will put under 23s be promoted ?

No, the academy system is based on what category your academy is, Cat 1 play Cat 1, Cat 2 play Cat 2 etc. The play off system is to determine an overall winner between the north and south groups, no idea why its top 2 and not just a straight final between each group winner though.

16 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Did au just see Rene Gilmartin on the touch line?

Has been 23’s assistant coach this season, probably needs to be listed on the released list as it’s the end of a playing contract before a staff contract? 

31 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

What a goal from Edwards. Deserved lead

Surprised Harper is being released as always impressed me when I’ve seen him 

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Harper looks sharp, looks like the right side cutting inside suits him. Great goal that. Lovely finish Owura.

343 it looks to me. Pring and Harper wing backs. Owura and Janneh wide either side of Britton. Lots of pace in the team.

26 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Poor that we are releasing harper. Very good young player

The coaching staff have seen much more of him than we all have so there must be something not quite right, or perhaps they know who else is coming through? 

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Very surprised we’re letting Harper go on the basis of that half.  Seems strange that we’re playing him in this match if we don’t think he’s good enough.

Like others, I’m staggered we are releasing Harper as he’s been outstanding first half 

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Guess we have to assume that he hasn't been outstanding in most of his other appearances or else we wouldn't be releasing him 

I got to admit that I’ve not seen him live but this season alone he’s been getting great reviews. Know a parent of an u23 & he was amazed he was released

57 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Has been 23’s assistant coach this season, probably needs to be listed on the released list as it’s the end of a playing contract before a staff contract? 

I had wondered if he'd stay on. A really weird situation where he was technically a player but never played, was never even questioned about not playing.

Archived