IGNORED

All things Bristol City U23's

Lrrr

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Birmingham been much the better side in the 2nd half. Our players look tired. Owura looks outstanding. Towler looks really good too. 

With Britton, seen it in other 23s games, he hasn't got much of an engine on him. Looked very tired end of second half and all of this 2nd half.

Janneh not great technically, though very quick and working very hard. Can see why he's played wing for us and is playing wing today as he isn't going to win much in the air or link play very well when the ball is played into feet or chest. 

Birmingham look like they have some good players themselves. Tough game this is.

Zac Smith now on for Janneh

Birmingham look to have some players nearer the top end of U23, compared to us. There are a few missing of course, Scott, Pearson, Bell for example.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

With Britton, seen it in other 23s games, he hasn't got much of an engine on him. Looked very tired end of second half and all of this 2nd half.

At least he comes alive in the box, but in general play it looks like he's already run a half marathon before the game started.

thought our boys were brilliant, fought to the bitter end and gave everything, Burm decent, but we easily matched them and could have won it late on.

far more fight seen by the U23's then the pack of losers who have represented us in the full team this season.

Just now, brady bunch said:

thought our boys were brilliant, fought to the bitter end and gave everything, Burm decent, but we easily matched them and could have won it late on.

far more fight seen by the U23's then the pack of losers who have represented us in the full team this season.

Especially considering we had our four best players missing and Brum picked their players who are in their first team squad 

Well. A game that swung multiple ways with us on top for spells and then them on top for spells. Very evenly matched. 

Our MOTM definitely Towler. Very solid display. 
Closely followed by Pring. Defended solidly and was a constant threat going forward too. 
Edwards is lively but needs to learn when to bring other players in. 
Benarous looked skilful in his brief appearance. 
I thought we really struggled in central midfield. Owers & Morton didn’t ever impose themselves on the game, and neither did Smith when he came on for Owers. 
Britton didn’t get much service to work off, so it was hard to judge his performance, but he put himself about when he had to. 

Their big man up front, Josh Andrews, was a right handful. 

Overall a decent watch and we’ve got some decent players in there. Probably only Pring from all of them would be in my first team squad next season though. 
Midfield very weak. Glad we have Scott coming through there, as none of the 3 that played in there today looked likely to make the first team. 

Just now, headhunter said:

As it was a cup semi-final why did we rest Scott and others with no first team commitments on the horizon?

Pearson is playing for Wales soon, Bell is injured, Conway and Scott are deemed as first team players now.

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

As it was a cup semi-final why did we rest Scott and others with no first team commitments on the horizon?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

Pearson is playing for Wales soon, Bell is injured, Conway and Scott are deemed as first team players now.

As Grifty says, Tinman explained pre-game that Conway and Scott have been playing first team, and need rest so they can come back pre-season having had the same rest as the senior players….abd can give it their best shot.

I think that shows how the club treat the u23s as development for first team, not about results.

It also shows what an impression both have made.

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

To paraphrase, Toby said that they were deemed to have progressed to the first team squad so weren't considered. Seemed a bit odd to me.

5 minutes ago, grifty said:

OK, but why not let them sign off from U23 commitments by helping win a trophy and for that matter, why not see if any of the first team fancied playing with that goal in mind or have they all gone on holiday

49 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Was Towler at LB or CB? Stuck in work sadly so couldn't watch. Anyway, sounds like he played well. Maybe one to keep around next season?

He played left sided CB of a back 3. 
I personally think that’s his most comfortable position. 

46 minutes ago, headhunter said:

OK, but why not let them sign off from U23 commitments by helping win a trophy and for that matter, why not see if any of the first team fancied playing with that goal in mind or have they all gone on holiday

I dunno, it wasn't really up to me.

Archived