Jump to content

All things Bristol City U23's


Lrrr
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bit surprised the likes of Towler and Bell aren't featuring today?

Basically means Pearson wants them under his eye at training doesn't it, or doesn't want to risk an injury to them, after Bell coming on last game would be a sucker punch to him to pick up an injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Can someone enlighten me why we played Barnsley as we are in the South Group?

Apologies if this has been raised before.

Play all the teams in your region home and away, play the teams in the other group once and alternate (generally) home and away each season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Do we get a lot of penalties? Every time I drop in on this topic we seem to have one in a game! 

Our 23's appear to be the Man Utd of the academy league for getting penalties, however the better sides naturally get in the opposition box more often so some causality

Edited by Lrrr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Can someone enlighten me why we played Barnsley as we are in the South Group?

Apologies if this has been raised before.

Barnsley is in South Yorkshire. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Owura back playing 

09A77014-AAD9-4A7A-9D2A-8207BE0B4617.jpeg

Been training for a while, I believe?

Not been in the first team squad since NP took over (appreciate he was injured for bit) but maybe an indication he’s seen as at that level for now?

Interesting that the QPR game aside we aren’t using these games for the likes of Baker, Watkins or Rowe.

Suggests to me a greater separation of the teams under Pearson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Been training for a while, I believe?

Not been in the first team squad since NP took over (appreciate he was injured for bit) but maybe an indication he’s seen as at that level for now?

Interesting that the QPR game aside we aren’t using these games for the likes of Baker, Watkins or Rowe.

Suggests to me a greater separation of the teams under Pearson.

Edwards only featured in one game a couple of games ago perhaps too soon to chuck him back in? Also its international break so a good chance to get some minutes in him, surprised a couple more aren't playing here

They're like busses!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Been training for a while, I believe?

Not been in the first team squad since NP took over (appreciate he was injured for bit) but maybe an indication he’s seen as at that level for now?

Interesting that the QPR game aside we aren’t using these games for the likes of Baker, Watkins or Rowe.

Suggests to me a greater separation of the teams under Pearson.

Tommy Rowe suggesting 1st team training matches at a better intensity than u23s, so he’s got up to speed doing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Tommy Rowe suggesting 1st team training matches at a better intensity than u23s, so he’s got up to speed doing that.

Yes, I read that but do think this is part of a change of emphasis.

My hunch is next season’s first team squad overall will be an older one, with a clearer demarcation between the 23s and the first team.

Time (& the summer transfers) will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of a pretty dire season the one plus for me was the unexpected amount of young players getting some opportunities through the atrocious injury list we have had. One player I would like to see get an opportunity before the season is through is Louis Britton. Certainly scores a lot of goals. 
 

Did I read he is out of contract in the summer 

Contract expires end of June 

Edited by Red Army 75
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

 

That's a really interesting watch but I could hardly make out any of the players - can you tell who the two blocked shots were from just before the first goal 10 seconds in - (the goal is a nice strike from Smith by the look of it)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daniro said:

That's a really interesting watch but I could hardly make out any of the players - can you tell who the two blocked shots were from just before the first goal 10 seconds in - (the goal is a nice strike from Smith by the look of it)

It’s probably not filmed for highlights, if you look at the photos from games you can see only one person up in the gantry so I imagine it’s the clubs tactical footage and they’ve just used it for highlights. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...