IGNORED

All things Bristol City U23's

Lrrr

4 minutes ago, Malago said:

It was mentioned in commentary today that that the U23s have a play off semi final coming up.  Anybody know against whom and when?.  Can’t see anything on the OS.

Thanks

Birmingham on Friday.

Its on Robins TV apparently.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

The semi final against Birmingham is being shown free on Robins TV Friday 14th May, kick off 1pm

Dan Bentley expert commentator.  Spoke really well when interviewed by GT recently.

14 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered else where!!

but if we win this play off and the final will put under 23s be promoted ?

No, the academy system is based on what category your academy is, Cat 1 play Cat 1, Cat 2 play Cat 2 etc. The play off system is to determine an overall winner between the north and south groups, no idea why its top 2 and not just a straight final between each group winner though.

• Like 1

Harper looks sharp, looks like the right side cutting inside suits him. Great goal that. Lovely finish Owura.

343 it looks to me. Pring and Harper wing backs. Owura and Janneh wide either side of Britton. Lots of pace in the team.

16 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Did au just see Rene Gilmartin on the touch line?

Has been 23’s assistant coach this season, probably needs to be listed on the released list as it’s the end of a playing contract before a staff contract? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

What a goal from Edwards. Deserved lead

Surprised Harper is being released as always impressed me when I’ve seen him 

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Harper looks sharp, looks like the right side cutting inside suits him. Great goal that. Lovely finish Owura.

343 it looks to me. Pring and Harper wing backs. Owura and Janneh wide either side of Britton. Lots of pace in the team.

26 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Poor that we are releasing harper. Very good young player

The coaching staff have seen much more of him than we all have so there must be something not quite right, or perhaps they know who else is coming through? 

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Very surprised we’re letting Harper go on the basis of that half.  Seems strange that we’re playing him in this match if we don’t think he’s good enough.

Scouts are there to watch him so probably helping him find a new club. 

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Very surprised we’re letting Harper go on the basis of that half.  Seems strange that we’re playing him in this match if we don’t think he’s good enough.

Like others, I’m staggered we are releasing Harper as he’s been outstanding first half 

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Guess we have to assume that he hasn't been outstanding in most of his other appearances or else we wouldn't be releasing him 

I got to admit that I’ve not seen him live but this season alone he’s been getting great reviews. Know a parent of an u23 & he was amazed he was released

Birmingham been much the better side in the 2nd half. Our players look tired. Owura looks outstanding. Towler looks really good too. 

With Britton, seen it in other 23s games, he hasn't got much of an engine on him. Looked very tired end of second half and all of this 2nd half.

Janneh not great technically, though very quick and working very hard. Can see why he's played wing for us and is playing wing today as he isn't going to win much in the air or link play very well when the ball is played into feet or chest. 

Birmingham look like they have some good players themselves. Tough game this is.

Zac Smith now on for Janneh

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Has been 23’s assistant coach this season, probably needs to be listed on the released list as it’s the end of a playing contract before a staff contract? 

I had wondered if he'd stay on. A really weird situation where he was technically a player but never played, was never even questioned about not playing.