IGNORED

All things Bristol City U23's

Lrrr

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Is that Alex Scott with the clever little assist for the 2nd goal?

Would have done well to get from Bristol to Swansea to be on the bench for the 1st team ? Benarous is the answer

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Would have done well to get from Bristol to Swansea to be on the bench for the 1st team ? Benarous is the answer

Ah right, I saw the date of the post rather than of the game. Benarous then, and now I can see that it was his fast break and clever pull back that created the first goal as well.

• Admin
6 hours ago, foghornred said:

The Under 23s now play at Weston's ground I was wondering when will we be able to go and watch them, just to get our football fix, I am a season ticket holder at Weston as well as City ?

The WSM season ticket won't matter as they're not playing. 

As for returning, the dates are the same as any other football 

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Do these games get broadcast on Robins TV, I am sure many would fancy watching this with so many retuning players. 

No, never have been 

It's only the last handful of games where the club have recognised they're playing and given us team sheets etc. 

Hopefully something that will be resolved with their new ground next season 

23 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I could be completely wide of the mark but don`t they get shown on the club`s youtube channel?

I thought it was only after the game had finished they posted it up, though I seem to remember the odd game streaming live.

See the club have said there will be coverage on social media for this.

Must be a long time since a game at that level had as much interest.

With Baker, Walsh, O’Dowda & Watkins all expected to feature I wonder if any of those U23s coming back from injury like Owura Edwards, Janneh, Pring or Nurse might do so as well? 

1pm kick off so will find out soon enough.

Only thing I'd say would be count the amount of game time each of those players has had in the last 3 months, QPR's 23's could have been playing together week in week out, academy games are often upsets when a lot of 1st team players drop in

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Thought there was a rule of 3 over 23's?

image.thumb.png.ff80a16aa3211c02c6cca4c989fd08a8.png

14 minutes ago, Bristolcityyatton said:

I think that its three outfielders plus a keeper that can be over 23

City asked beforehand and were approved to have the extra over 23s playing today 

1 minute ago, Son of Fred said:

And Harper now not even starting for the 23's?...

Feel for the guy- he needs to get away from BCFC to get himself an opportunity elsewhere..our loss.

First team player needs minutes, hardly a shock its how the system works, same way Britton has dropped to the bench after scoring 9 in 8 for the u23's to make way for Bell and Watkins

I know it is meant to be under 23s but that isn’t a team of 30 year olds, is it?

Massengo is 19, Moore 23, O’Leary 24 & even O’Dowda is 25.

Only Watkins & Baker are of that age, so as long as QPR are ok with it then you can see why we have chosen the team we have.

Pearson won’t have seen many of these actually start a game for us.

Archived