IGNORED

The Coaches' Voice - LJ

GlastonburyRed

I, for one, wish him and Jamie Mac well. Although I now recognise we had to move on I was loyal to the end. I know I was in a dwindling minority, but I always wanted Lee to be successful at City, a club for whom it was very clear he had a great love. It wasn't to be, and we move on. I really hope the two of them go on and prove the doubters wrong. 

16 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Johnson will turn up in the Championship sometime soon. There will be plenty of jobs going soon (Derby, SW would be my early favourites to change manager). Cant see him wanting to drop to L1 unless its Sunderland etc

There will be Championship jobs coming up for sure but there’ll be lots of competition for the job. Plenty of other out of work managers will have better CVs than LJ who still has achieved nothing in the game.

Just now, Robbored said:

There will be Championship jobs coming up for sure but there’ll be lots of competition for the job. Plenty of other out of work managers will have better CVs than LJ who still has achieved nothing in the game.

You'd think so, but a previous record of non achievement was no hindrance to LJ getting the City job.

20 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You'd think so, but a previous record of non achievement was no hindrance to LJ getting the City job.

There is a pattern and a common denominator appearing with Bristol City managerial appointments................but our fans always blame the Manager!!

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

There is a pattern and a common denominator appearing with Bristol City managerial appointments................but our fans always blame the Manager!!

Well the manager / head coach is responsible. Who are you suggesting is to blame then if not the head coach ? 

The club had a golden opportunity four or five months ago to employ a head coach that could bring the club upwards and beyond premiership football and yet they promoted an existing assistant coach which will only continue in frustrations when are dreams are not full field 

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Very true but I guess LJs appointment was down to SLs love-in with the Johnsons.

Ha ha, surely not?!

One of the most promising, and most innovative young coaches in world football, who we could all see was clearly the best man for the job.

No record losing runs on his CV or anything like that, still can't believe our good fortune when we landed such a master of coaching and tactics with what must have been such fierce competition from bigger Championship rivals. 

3 minutes ago, City oz said:

Well the manager / head coach is responsible. Who are you suggesting is to blame then if not the head coach ? 

The club had a golden opportunity four or five months ago to employ a head coach that could bring the club upwards and beyond premiership football and yet they promoted an existing assistant coach which will only continue in frustrations when are dreams are not full field 

I am suggesting that if a small group of people keep on appointing poor managers do you blame the managers themselves or the small group of people who keep getting it wrong.

If the best that Junior/Ashton and Lansdown himself could come up with was to appoint "City oz" as the next manager are you to blame for the poor results that follow or, with respect, was it idiotic to appoint you in the first place?

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Very true but I guess LJs appointment was down to SLs love-in with the Johnsons.

But.. but..  Mark Ashton told us he had evaluated, considered, consulted, and analysed every coach in football and the one name that topped every list was LJ and HE recommended LJ to SL.

It must be true.....it was on the OS.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ha ha, surely not?!

One of the most promising, and most innovative young coaches in world football, who we could all see was clearly the best man for the job.

No record losing runs on his CV or anything like that, still can't believe our good fortune when we landed such a master of coaching and tactics with what must have been such fierce competition from bigger Championship rivals. 

Only according to Mark Ashton.........:cool2:

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ha ha, surely not?!

Are you referring to Dean or Lee !!

15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I am suggesting that if a small group of people keep on appointing poor managers do you blame the managers themselves or the small group of people who keep getting it wrong.

If the best that Junior/Ashton and Lansdown himself could come up with was to appoint "City oz" as the next manager are you to blame for the poor results that follow or, with respect, was it idiotic to appoint you in the first place?

I think you have got everything here out of perspective, going by your posts you have not seen the division one days of the late 70s at Ashton gate and most importantly the great travel support we had away to some of the great stadiums in England where we watched OUR team matching it with the best of them. Those years will never ever ever be forgotten.

BCFC club does have a small group of people making the decisions and your frustrations need to be directed to them and not me or your inappropriate assumptions. 

I was borne red, my dad was red, my grand father was red, my grand kids in Darwin are red and wear proudly City shirts. 

The board had an opportunity and they missed it, that is all I’m saying.

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

I think you have got everything here out of perspective, going by your posts you have not seen the division one days of the late 70s at Ashton gate and most importantly the great travel support we had away to some of the great stadiums in England where we watched OUR team matching it with the best of them. Those years will never ever ever be forgotten.

BCFC club does have a small group of people making the decisions and your frustrations need to be directed to them and not me or your inappropriate assumptions. 

I was borne red, my dad was red, my grand father was red, my grand kids in Darwin are red and wear proudly City shirts. 

The board had an opportunity and they missed it, that is all I’m saying.

I'm not questioning your support and I'm certainly not frustrated with you or making inappropriate assumptions unless you can explain to me otherwise. The only assumption being made by anyone being that I haven't seen City play in Division 1 which YOU have got wrong as it happens.

I am questioning why you would keep blaming Managers for the club's lack of success (you asked me who else would be to blame?) when there is clearly a common denominator above Manager level who should be accountable. In fact, your last comment above proves my point.

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Are you referring to Dean or Lee !!

Dean is an almost unbelievably fantastic appointment. One to really get the blood pumping. Learnt his trade assiduously studying one of the most prodigious young coaching talents in the world at close quarters, and, when LJ inevitably moved on to bett.. um, er.... other things, we incredibly somehow managed to persuade him BCFC should be the club for him to take the top job for the first time.

To have free rein, at last, to be unleashed on the Championship to put his ingenious coaching qualities into action!

Genuinely nice chap too.... once again, it seems, we are a club singularly blessed with great good fortune.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Dean is an almost unbelievably fantastic appointment. One to really get the blood pumping. Learnt his trade assiduously studying one of the most prodigious young coaching talents in the world at close quarters, and, when LJ inevitably moved on to bett.. um, er.... other things, we incredibly somehow managed to persuade him BCFC should be the club for him to take the top job for the first time.

To have free rein, at last, to be unleashed on the Championship to put his ingenious coaching qualities into action!

Genuinely nice chap too.... once again, it seems, we are a club singularly blessed with great good fortune.

Mark Ashton has had the most incredible luck though, tasked with combing the UK and European Leagues to find the best available progressive coach with the skillset required to "take the next step" into the promised land.........that person turned out to be hiding in plain sight in our club honing those skills as LJ;s assistant -  who knew?

I mean he plays somewhat loosely with the finer details and timelines blur a bit with regards to player arrivals/departures. 

And in terms of how we blew 2017/18; surely we were at peak injuries by the Manchester United game? Didn’t players start returning from January onwards and we were just shit.

But the last line of “[Sunderland] has a more experienced, more streamlined and increased-capacity version of me” is just pure utter corporate nonsense. 

17 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

I mean he plays somewhat loosely with the finer details and timelines blur a bit with regards to player arrivals/departures. 

And in terms of how we blew 2017/18; surely we were at peak injuries by the Manchester United game? Didn’t players start returning from January onwards and we were just shit.

But the last line of “[Sunderland] has a more experienced, more streamlined and increased-capacity version of me” is just pure utter corporate nonsense. 

That final paragraph ruins what was for LJ a really non-Brent like interview.

I thought it was a good interview.

What I picked up on was 2018/19 was considered by him as our best chance to go up. And that we played our best football that season.

The reality when looking at the players we had back then and the quality, value,sell on value etc compared to what we have now is stark in its contrast. 

We are now in the transition period that the ' blueprint' has evolved too...where we are now playing and blooding players from the academy and those that have been loaned out before.

In theory, on paper we have a far weaker squad.

The injury scenario also rears its ugly head...maybe it wasn't just our high pressing game that caused more injuries. Does it happen at Leeds? They run like lunatics on coke all game.

Think it was a decent interview.... obviously asked to do it.

Archived