IGNORED

Job for LJ

OneTeamInBristol

10 hours ago, Taz said:

Yep, it has Rooney written all over it. Don't think they'd do it? See Lampard....

If for some reason Rooney didn't get it, then Johnson would be a plausible option. However if it did happen, can you imagine him trying to manage Rooney? He'd probably end up sticking him in goal with his square pegs.....

I wonder if Mel's (won't be him soon but heck) recent experience with Frank as a less experienced coach being successful could persuade him to give Liam Rosenior a go, would be really interested to see him in a top job.

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

what does gary owers do for a living? hes flippin good at describing whats needed on the radio

But considering he didn’t do particularly well as manager of Torquay, I’d suggest talking it & doing it are two completely different things?

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

what does gary owers do for a living? hes flippin good at describing whats needed on the radio

Managed Forest Green, Bath and Torquay. Didn’t pull up any trees IIRC. Good analyst, and really liked him as a player, but may just not be managerial material (see also Neville,G)

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Managed Forest Green, Bath and Torquay. Didn’t pull up any trees IIRC. Good analyst, and really liked him as a player, but may just not be managerial material (see also Neville,G)

Neville took a poisoned chalice managing a club that struggled below expectations for years before and after he was there, in a country where he didn’t speak the language. It’s a shame as the whole experience seems to have put him off.

20 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I worked at Nationwide for 2 years in Swindon, the drive was a killer, especially in the winter, but the positive for me was listening to Talksport!

Monday morning going - first half of OSIB, way home listen to second half.

Tuesday morning going - Sound of the City from previous evening, way home basketball pod

Wednesday Peter Crouch, etc, etc.

On 04/11/2020 at 02:25, OneTeamInBristol said:

Richie Wellens not in charge of Swindon tonight against Argyle as he’s off to Salford. 

Would LJ go there? (Ignoring the fact that Swindon couldn’t afford him) 

I hope LJ has grown up a bit since his departure at BS3. He may also have gotten over his big headed and vain persona now he has had time to reflect on where he went wrong. 

He would fit in probably well at Swindon and League one football seems to be suitable to his ability. Lets face it he is a good manager at this tier of football.

They are now out of the FA Cup after yesterdays result against Darlington and most probably Forest Green will also beet them in the week in the group stage of the other cup.

so only the league to concentrate on from here on.

4 hours ago, City oz said:

I hope LJ has grown up a bit since his departure at BS3. He may also have gotten over his big headed and vain persona now he has had time to reflect on where he went wrong. 

He would fit in probably well at Swindon and League one football seems to be suitable to his ability. Lets face it he is a good manager at this tier of football.

They are now out of the FA Cup after yesterdays result against Darlington and most probably Forest Green will also beet them in the week in the group stage of the other cup.

so only the league to concentrate on from here on.

I wouldn't reccomend him coming here there's massive problems behind the scenes with Power and the sooner he goes this club can move on 

Wherever LJ ends up depends on clubs options of his ability. He seems to have a high opinion of his ability so I’m sure he’s holding out for a Championship club, but if nothing materialises he’ll have to downgrade his expectations.  He’s been well paid over the years and would have received a good payoff when sacked by City so he can afford to take his time. 

Archived