IGNORED

Semenyo - The end of 352.

Bassomylord

This 15 minute spell from Semenyo has surely resulted in the end of 352....this wide forward position is perfect for him. More space, direct, physical and so difficult to handle.

Adds extra creativity where is 352 completely and only reliant on Paterson having a good day.

Also, Nagy is twice the player of Brunt....if you play him in his best position, which first half wasnt....mobile, good on the ball, can build attacks from deep.

So good but I think he is better coming off the bench in the Adama Traore mould. Has the physicality to damage tired defences. 

I do think the 352 was awful because we have to sit so deep because Brunt has no legs... would be far more effective with any three of Bakinson, Williams, Walsh, Pato and maybe Nagy, leaving us options to change the game and shape on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Bassomylord said:

This 15 minute spell from Semenyo has surely resulted in the end of 352....this wide forward position is perfect for him. More space, direct, physical and so difficult to handle.

Adds extra creativity where is 352 completely and only reliant on Paterson having a good day.

Also, Nagy is twice the player of Brunt....if you play him in his best position, which first half wasnt....mobile, good on the ball, can build attacks from deep.

Agreed. Nagy alongside Bakinson for Friday. Three in front them, including Semenyo and Pato, behind one striker. 

Just now, JonDolman said:

I have wanted to see Semenyo starting games most of the season. He is an unbelievable talent, probably not at his peak at his age! Thought Villa could not cope with him, Bournemouth could not cope with him first half either. Fantastic ability. 

Is Wells now 4th choice striker? I get it that he can score goals. He gets chances as he knows how to get into positions and is quick. But blimey he has been a disappointment so far, hasn't he?

If we play Wells then we’re restricted to playing two up top. There is more fluidity in leaving him out , Martin or Fam as a central point with two off him in a 4-3-3 Semenyo and either Pato or O’Dowda with a hard working midfield three behind 

Semenyo was, IMO motm for his cameo appearance. He changed the game entirely in our favour and Huddersfield couldn’t deal with him. Without him we’d have lost. 

Brunt was awful. O’Dowda has a good final quarter but before that he was poor ... again. 

Can’t remember Bents having a shot to save so the defence must have done ok. 

Good win and very welcome - thanks to Antoine!

Archived