IGNORED

Tonight's win dedicated to Kath Hooper RIP

kevthered

My Aunt Kath sadly passed away this evening aged 91...She was one of City's longest fans and has been going to Ashton gate for 80 years and only interruption  was because of Hitler. She had a season ticket for most of those years right up to last season. Her knowledge of Bristol City and their players was superb. she worked for City supporters club with her husband Ken Hooper for several years in the eighties. Her last six months she has been feeling her age and dementia has been kicking in but she will be fondly remembered by my family and resting in peace with a smile on her face tonight...Just thought some of the older supporters who can remember her might like to know,

10 hours ago, kevthered said:

My Aunt Kath sadly passed away this evening aged 91...She was one of City's longest fans and has been going to Ashton gate for 80 years and only interruption  was because of Hitler. She had a season ticket for most of those years right up to last season. Her knowledge of Bristol City and their players was superb. she worked for City supporters club with her husband Ken Hooper for several years in the eighties. Her last six months she has been feeling her age and dementia has been kicking in but she will be fondly remembered by my family and resting in peace with a smile on her face tonight...Just thought some of the older supporters who can remember her might like to know,

My family knew your Aunt very well. I used to sit in the Grandstand with her in the early to mid Eighties whilst my mum worked the bar in the Supporters club. I affectionately called her Auntie Kath.

I am so sorry for your loss she truly was a lovely lady.

9 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

My family knew your Aunt very well. I used to sit in the Grandstand with her in the early to mid Eighties whilst my mum worked the bar in the Supporters club. I affectionately called her Auntie Kath.

I am so sorry for your loss she truly was a lovely lady.

Thank you for the kind words. Truth is if you had met her you wouldn't forget her....She had great knowledge of football and a lot of people would ask her City related questions,,she was a lovely lady like you said, she had a lot to do with the supporters club hence why I put this thread up..Thanks again for your kind words

Archived