IGNORED

Nnnnnnineteen ! FBC Podcast [recording of post match Live Show]

headhunter

The rot was stopped at The John Smiths Stadium as City turned around a half-time deficit to secure victory for the first time in 6 matches and for the first time in 19 attempts from a losing position.

DaveFevs, Mark, Ian and I go through the 90 minutes action and how we think the side might look for Friday night's Severnside derby.

Listen here [and its also available on Spotify] : https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/nnnnninteen-city-are-victorious-at-the-john-smiths-stadium/ 

Another good debate chaps! You were right about us being too nice! Watching the 'All or Nothing' documentary on Spurs, one thing Mourinho really wanted to change was the nice spurs mentality!! Tells them they need to be C**ts on the pitch as nice guys never win which is what I feel City need!

Listened while walking the dog this morning. Whilst I really appreciate your work, and efforts in doing the podcast, I must admit to finding this episode particularly negative. 

Sometimes it would be nice to hear some praise for individual players, none of them are perfect or they wouldn’t be playing for us, but we won 2-1 away from home, so some of them must be doing something right!. 

4 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Listened while walking the dog this morning. Whilst I really appreciate your work, and efforts in doing the podcast, I must admit to finding this episode particularly negative. 

Sometimes it would be nice to hear some praise for individual players, none of them are perfect or they wouldn’t be playing for us, but we won 2-1 away from home, so some of them must be doing something right!. 

I guess with our age we have a tendency to be a cup half empty group as we've lived the disappointment so many times over the years. You've got to admit that the first hour or so was as bad as it can get then, hey presto, we come alive. We praised Semenyo, Nagy and even O'Dowda but we called out another disappointing display from Brunt. That last 20 minutes was as good as any spell we've had so far this season and it remains to be seen whether Holden saw anything to modify his way of thinking

41 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I guess with our age we have a tendency to be a cup half empty group as we've lived the disappointment so many times over the years. You've got to admit that the first hour or so was as bad as it can get then, hey presto, we come alive. We praised Semenyo, Nagy and even O'Dowda but we called out another disappointing display from Brunt. That last 20 minutes was as good as any spell we've had so far this season and it remains to be seen whether Holden saw anything to modify his way of thinking

I thought we were generally critical of the team performance / method and Brunt whilst balanced / praiseworthy on most of the others individually.  I don’t have the scores but most were 6 or above.

@DavefevsThe point about why we had three centre backs marking one striker, well Holden mentioned that exact point on Sept 8th. So why isn't it happening? He mentioned it possibly bamboozling the fans hearing that level of detail, guess it bamboozled the players...

Now there may have been a great tactical reason why that didn't happen vs Huddersfield. But since we don't know that, all we see is Holden's team not doing what Holden said (when he last spoke about that exact issue).

34 minutes ago, Prinny said:

@DavefevsThe point about why we had three centre backs marking one striker, well Holden mentioned that exact point on Sept 8th. So why isn't it happening? He mentioned it possibly bamboozling the fans hearing that level of detail, guess it bamboozled the players...

Now there may have been a great tactical reason why that didn't happen vs Huddersfield. But since we don't know that, all we see is Holden's team not doing what Holden said (when he last spoke about that exact issue).

I know he did....and I asked Toby to ask Rene Gilmartin at h-t why the eff Holden hadn’t done what he said he would.  I don’t get a reply. ???

I can only assume he was happy to sop up pressure, but personally I don’t buy that.  That was a little ❌ in my #holdenball critique ???

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know he did....and I asked Toby to ask Rene Gilmartin at h-t why the eff Holden hadn’t done what he said he would.  I don’t get a reply. ???

I can only assume he was happy to sop up pressure, but personally I don’t buy that.  That was a little ❌ in my #holdenball critique ???

Who's Toby? The commentator?

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment PB. I think that we were fair to be critical of City's ineffective approach in the first half, and to single out Dasilva and Rowe for the calamitous mix up that led to Town's goal. We certainly contained them, but offered little else.

However, we all heaped praise on Semenyo's excellent performance and the handbrake turn in mindset, following his and the mercurial Paterson's introduction.

Wasnt it great to see City play 4-3-3, apply constant pressure, and storm back to win.

As Sir Alex once said, "Football, bloody hell."

Archived