IGNORED

How best to watch Cardiff game

extonsred

57 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

As its on Sky I thought the club email out a free pass for Robins TV, I had one for the Norwich game, but no new code yet for Badiff or wonder if the old one will work?

That only applies for home games.

The Cardiff game as a Sky televised away game will not be available at all on Robins TV.

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

What is the reason for the game kicking off at 6pm? It is a bit of an odd time for a game to start and I didn't realise that until yesterday!

One word - Sky.

Tuesday I assumed the Huddersfield game was a normal 7.45 ko so didn’t turn on the tv until I got a goal alert!

I’d completely forgotten that it was a 7pm ko....................:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One word - Sky.

Tuesday I assumed the Huddersfield game was a normal 7.45 ko so didn’t turn on the tv until I got a goal alert!

Well, Tuesday’s game wasn’t on Sky. So, based on your theory, why did the time change for this game? ?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One word - Sky.

It was the same for me. I realised when I was on twitter on saw the team news was announced very early so luckily saw it before the game started. As I'm working from home, I do quite enjoy the earlier kick-offs! 

7 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Well, Tuesday’s game wasn’t on Sky. So, based on your theory, why did the time change for this game? ?

I think it's as basic as it allows the away team to get home a little bit earlier which does make sense at the moment because from what I can gather days off at Championship clubs are not happening much with the current match schedule. Certainly the Huddersfield player interviewed after was talking about everyone being in the following morning.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One word - Sky.

But the information was on the clubs official website, so how could you of possibly missed it? I was under the impression that you never made a mistake with anything.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But the information was on the clubs official website, so how could you of possibly missed it? I was under the impression that you never made a mistake with anything.

I only go on about the OS during the transfer windows when we see these wild speculation and rumours about various players coming in and going out.

The OS is the only 100% reliable source on City transfer matters.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think it's as basic as it allows the away team to get home a little bit earlier which does make sense at the moment because from what I can gather days off at Championship clubs are not happening much with the current match schedule. Certainly the Huddersfield player interviewed after was talking about everyone being in the following morning.

I love your thinking but suggest its more cynical marketing aimed at generating share of audience and hence advertising revenue - they are dividing the games over the evening to drive up viewing in the hope that some fans will switch to another game - they are doing it in the Champions League as well.

Don't think they give two toots about teams having to travel late. I wish they did!

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

What is the reason for the game kicking off at 6pm? It is a bit of an odd time for a game to start and I didn't realise that until yesterday!

Probably some covid19 guideline by the Welsh Government.

As to Sky, I'm using my pro-rata season ticket refund to pay for the £18 pm football subscription (I'm actually saving money now and getting to see other football).

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Rather naive of them to believe that’s ‘the only way’ to watch the game.

What is there to stop anyone paying for the opposition’s feed of the game? So in this case going on to whatever Cardiff’s version of RobinsTV is & paying to watch it on there?

27 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Rather naive of them to believe that’s ‘the only way’ to watch the game.

What is there to stop anyone paying for the opposition’s feed of the game? So in this case going on to whatever Cardiff’s version of RobinsTV is & paying to watch it on there?

Clubs aren't permitted to sell match passes for home televised games - it is to be made available to season ticket holders only (as per our Norwich game recently).

You can see the game match pass for tomorrow's game isn't available here: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/packages

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Clubs aren't permitted to sell match passes for home televised games - it is to be made available to season ticket holders only (as per our Norwich game recently).

You can see the game match pass for tomorrow's game isn't available here: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/packages

Ah yes, forgot that ridiculous rule.

Archived