IGNORED

Cardiff (a) - Fri 6th Nov 18:00 - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

Oh! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lummydaze. Think I played that last 93 minutes!

A defensive performance of real merit was that. Dug in.

Bents, Hunt, Kalas, Vyner, Dasilva awesome and a real, disciplined high energy performance from Nagy.

Well done lads. Tremendous.

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

O'Dowda was brilliant for me. The only player driving us forward. I honestly don't think we win that game without his performance. 

We really need to look to keep the ball better but that's brilliant two away wins.

The issue is that Pato is supposed to be the more advanced playmaker. In his last three starts he simply goes missing too often, meaning we don't really get the ball up the other end unless its on the countrer.

Multiple times tonight moves stopped with this misplacing passes or not showing for the ball.

At time it can work, i.e. his chip into wells second half, but overall? Wanting.

happy with those 3 points! even though for 70 minutes we just defended, Cardiff didn't actually get any easy chances to miss whilst Bentley did make some good saves to keep us in it.

Thank goodness for the international break our squad  depth is very much being tested!

Tonight's game sums up City's performances a fair bit. There are too many players whose contributions come to less than ninety minutes or are patchy throughout. There is a good base to work from but the ability to control games with any real measure is lacking. We happen to strike very early and somehow managed to sit on it for the remainder, proving little threat otherwise. We also happened to play against a Cardiff side that would be flattered to be called bang average. Some of their attacks were wasted badly; another side would probably have put a few past us.

Still, it's a win and one over the Bluebirds, and worth celebrating.  :bounce::clap:

COYR!

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

O'Dowda was brilliant for me. The only player driving us forward. I honestly don't think we win that game without his performance. 

We really need to look to keep the ball better but that's brilliant two away wins.

Really? He offers absolutely nothing  and struggles with the basics, brings the ball forward twice a game (and generally gives it away) and he’s good? I believe he’s the reason we’ve been so poor at creating chances in the last few games.

williams or Walsh in for o dowda and that’s a good team.

Archived