IGNORED

Cardiff (a) - Fri 6th Nov 18:00 - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

It continues to amaze me how people watch a game and cannot see the good things a player does but always notice the bad things. Very odd. O’Dowda very good tonight but a few cannot/will not see it. Odd. 

I dont think he was very good. He worked hard used his energy very well and defensively I thought did well....

His passing, attacking threat and decision making when going forward was poor.

He did well in the context of th game. 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

It continues to amaze me how people watch a game and cannot see the good things a player does but always notice the bad things. Very odd. O’Dowda very good tonight but a few cannot/will not see it. Odd. 

He’s enigmatic to me. First half he took a fantastic touch through midfield, did the hard bit, then fluffed a simple pass to put Wells (I think) through on goal.

Just now, Bassomylord said:

I dont think he was very good. He worked hard used his energy very well and defensively I thought did well....

His passing, attacking threat and decision making when going forward was poor.

He did well in the context of th game. 

Carried the ball well, you say his decision making was poor but he often had 20 yard dribbles before passing the ball off, often got us away from our own third maintaining possession and pushing Cardiff back, no one else carried the ball like that. Key tackle in our box to pip the ball, one or two shaky moments but otherwise very good. Solid 7/10 at least, pushing towards 8.

Just now, Lrrr said:

Carried the ball well, you say his decision making was poor but he often had 20 yard dribbles before passing the ball off, often got us away from our own third maintaining possession and pushing Cardiff back, no one else carried the ball like that. Key tackle in our box to pip the ball, one or two shaky moments but otherwise very good. Solid 7/10 at least, pushing towards 8.

Like I said, I think he did well. Very good is stretching it.

5 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Yes, let's go out now - 

UnsungImpeccableBoubou-max-1mb.gif.5cc6ec881d0eb5b420f24f6655a51ecb.gif

We should we coming out of the stadium gearing up for an ecstatics night in Cardiff now but so be it. Me and my friend have decided to order a cocaine to celebrate instead! Have a good evening fellow reds. 

Just now, City 62 said:

I thought COD was MOM today, looked great on the ball , kept try to go forward and done his defensive duties when required. Getting better and better with every game

If you going to single out a midfielder for MOM, then Nagy all day long. I suspect the stats will show that O’Dowda was the most fouled and perhaps made the most tackles, but still not sure about him, seems to be headless when in the attacking third

9 minutes ago, TomF said:

I felt although we were on back foot for the entire second half we didn’t seem to be hanging on for dear life and comfortably saw it out. Sort of games you win if you want a top 6 place 

We had a good shape and kept to it. Didn’t get pulled out of position. Quality coaching / set up.

Great win and 3 points but just as important was a clean sheet and good defensive display... To be honest never felt Cardiff threatened to score that much, spent so much time lumping balls forward looking for Moore if they played more might have caused us problems...

2 wins and in a week 6 points COYRs

Dealt relatively well with what Cardiff threw at us, and they threw an awful lot of dross at us. 17 shots, 5 on target, but maybe just two or three proper chances. In return we muster just 4 shots, 1 of which is on target and goes in. Will we need to create more if we want to consistently and reliably beat teams? Yes we will. Did we do what we needed to do on the day? Yes.

Happy International Break everyone.

Archived