IGNORED

Cardiff (a) - Fri 6th Nov 18:00 - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

25 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fantastic result. We had plenty of luck of course but we battled well and defended better 2nd half.

Nagy had a good game. O'Dowda battled ever so well 2nd half. He doesn't seem to tire. Him and Weimann in there would have been interesting to see had Weimann stayed fit.

Martin looked knackered for last 20. Worked so hard. Semenyo quiet but defended very well 2nd half.

We've had a bit of bad luck at times and that was our bit of luck for a change.

Not being confrontational, but where was the luck exactly? 

I wouldn’t disagree that we just say back and dared Cardiff to beat us, but I don’t even remember a guilt edged chance or any world class saves from Bents 

Good performance, good result. Scoring early, away from home can be difficult. It is always a bit stick or twist.  We did not panic or drop too deep too early. Yes we were under pressure but I also thought we looked like we might score. Particularly impressed with Nagy who did lots of work without being seen. What you need in that role. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Well there were some real clear chances weren't there? Just seemed to miss hit a lot or head it over etc. Bentley didn't have much to do but Cardiff have to score one of those surely.

They definitely created chances, but I don’t actually think they looked that dangerous.

Compare it to Forest who forced Bents to play out of his skin, or Norwich who were so clinical.

Just now, sludge said:

Neil Harris spitting feathers warnock style ???

I know.

Hahahahahahahaha

4 minutes ago, Midred said:

Cardiff won some soft free kicks and a soft booking for Martin, what more did he want?

He says ref was poor and let us manage game too easily. 

Shame the interviewer didn’t ask him what he thought of Harry Wilson’s 2-footed challenge on Bents...

Cry more, taff.

Cardiff manager Neil Harris told Sky Sports: "I feel like I have had my wallet pinched out of my pocket, I have got to be honest.

"We have dominated everything. One misplaced pass in the second minute and the ball goes in our goal.

"We have had 17 chances, dominated possession. Frist half some of our football was outstanding and second half we had moments.

"Ultimately goals win games, but it's a hard one to take.

"There is no lack of quality in my team. It just didn't go for us tonight."

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Cry more, taff.

Cardiff manager Neil Harris told Sky Sports: "I feel like I have had my wallet pinched out of my pocket, I have got to be honest.

"We have dominated everything. One misplaced pass in the second minute and the ball goes in our goal.

"We have had 17 chances, dominated possession. Frist half some of our football was outstanding and second half we had moments.

Complete lack of quality.

Hence no goals or guilt edged chances.

Plenty of long balls to Moore and misplaced/over hit  passes when in the final  third.

Norwich are a good team. Bournemouth are a good team. Cardiff couldn’t even find their dinner, let alone finish it.

‘Everywhere they gooooooo, everywhere they gooo!’

Just now, 054123 said:

Complete lack of quality.

Hence no goals or guilt edged chances.

Plenty of long balls to Moore and misplaced/over hit  passes when in the final  third.

Norwich are a good team. Bournemouth are a good team. Cardiff couldn’t even find their dinner, let alone finish it.

‘Everywhere they gooooooo, everywhere they gooo!’

Incredible how he had a pop at the ref. What a ****. We were getting their arms and elbows.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Cry more, taf.

I know you're bound to get a losing manager say things like that, we had enough of it from Johnson, but how many chance did they really have? Bentley didn't have a real save to make, they didn't really have a free header just lots of crosses. He moaned about a Ref that gave a lot of 50/50 calls their way and didn't even notice the 2 footed challenge on Bents or Moore's shining arms. 

Really pleasing win.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know you're bound to get a losing manager say things like that, we had enough of it from Johnson, but how many chance did they really have? Bentley didn't have a real save to make, they didn't really have a free header just lots of crosses. He moaned about a Ref that gave a lot of 50/50 calls their way and didn't even notice the 2 footed challenge on Bents or Moore's shining arms. 

Really pleasing win.

I thought they had a few free headers, but I'm still traumatized & keep getting a headache and the shakes when I try to recall any detail, so maybe you're right :)

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If you have 17 attempts and score Zero you absolutely have a lack of quality.

I like Neil Harris but he comes across as very blinkered here. I suspect he gave his players a right bollocking after that.

Yep. If it was situation reversed then on here we wouldn't be saying how well we played and I bet the Cardiff fans aren't either.

Love a 1-0 away win. 

Some superb performances tonight, stand outs for me were Nagy, Kalas, O’Dowda and Martin but I don’t think anyone had a bad game as such. 

Clearly not at our best, and very limited in terms of team selection/subs so with what we’ve got missing, it was a tremendous effort to hang on. 

I know we were under pressure but I felt our back 4 looked more comfortable than when we play a back 5.

Archived