Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Cardiff (a) - Fri 6th Nov 18:00 - What Can We Expect?

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

O'Dowda was brilliant for me. The only player driving us forward. I honestly don't think we win that game without his performance. 

We really need to look to keep the ball better but that's brilliant two away wins.

The issue is that Pato is supposed to be the more advanced playmaker. In his last three starts he simply goes missing too often, meaning we don't really get the ball up the other end unless its on the countrer.

Multiple times tonight moves stopped with this misplacing passes or not showing for the ball.

At time it can work, i.e. his chip into wells second half, but overall? Wanting.

happy with those 3 points! even though for 70 minutes we just defended, Cardiff didn't actually get any easy chances to miss whilst Bentley did make some good saves to keep us in it.

Thank goodness for the international break our squad  depth is very much being tested!

Tonight's game sums up City's performances a fair bit. There are too many players whose contributions come to less than ninety minutes or are patchy throughout. There is a good base to work from but the ability to control games with any real measure is lacking. We happen to strike very early and somehow managed to sit on it for the remainder, proving little threat otherwise. We also happened to play against a Cardiff side that would be flattered to be called bang average. Some of their attacks were wasted badly; another side would probably have put a few past us.

Still, it's a win and one over the Bluebirds, and worth celebrating.  :bounce::clap:

COYR!

Just now, BCFC Grim said:

O'Dowda was brilliant for me. The only player driving us forward. I honestly don't think we win that game without his performance. 

We really need to look to keep the ball better but that's brilliant two away wins.

Really? He offers absolutely nothing  and struggles with the basics, brings the ball forward twice a game (and generally gives it away) and he’s good? I believe he’s the reason we’ve been so poor at creating chances in the last few games.

williams or Walsh in for o dowda and that’s a good team.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Adam Nagy. Wow! Why has he not been starting all season?

Just watch him get crocked playing for bloody Hungary now.

Loved him on his debut and don’t understand why he doesn’t get picked. Reads the game well, keeps our shape and must make the defence feel more solid.

• Like 4
Just now, Robbored said:

Yep! Nerve-wracking last few mins but  City hung on.

Surprised that Kalas was MoM Kieffer Moore had him in pocket for most of the match. Kalas looked all sea for much of the game.

Good win tho. Next up Debra County 

Whilst I don’t agree with Kalas being MOM I thought he got better as the game went on . Especially strong second half 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

My god

How dare you

Dont you realise you should have a twisted preconception of him and criticise him individually a t every opportunity

Theres A group with an unhealthy obsession with it

• Haha 2

Fantastic result. We had plenty of luck of course but we battled well and defended better 2nd half.

Nagy had a good game. O'Dowda battled ever so well 2nd half. He doesn't seem to tire. Him and Weimann in there would have been interesting to see had Weimann stayed fit.

Martin looked knackered for last 20. Worked so hard. Semenyo quiet but defended very well 2nd half.

We've had a bit of bad luck at times and that was our bit of luck for a change.

• Like 2

Showing some bouncebackabilty over the last 2 games.

Down to the bare bones player wise, a novice head coach and not playing at their best but still found a way to get an important result.

Bentley excellent, but Nagy a real bonus. When ( if?) Williams and Walsh are available and Bakinson fit again will be an interesting  conundrum as to who DH goes for in midfield.

• Like 2
Just now, westonred said:

10 players out Ill or Injured, 2nd in the league and still people are moaning

That’s the key for me and why we have to cut the players slack tonight. Some were running on empty but after people were questioning our passion last weekend the back line fought like warriors tonight to get that clean sheet. Sometimes that’s as enjoyable as playing sexy football and winning 4-0.

• Like 9
Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Whilst I don’t agree with Kalas being MOM I thought he got better as the game went on . Especially strong second half 

I think he realised he wasnt beating Moore in the air so starting playing the man rather than the ball to great effect.

Jack Hunt in with a shout for MOM for me

• Like 2
1 minute ago, stoke giiford red said:

Well done, perfect way to start the weekend! Is going to the shop to buy a few more can of thatchers classed as essential shopping??

Of course it is🙂

Just now, Fuber said:

The issue is that Pato is supposed to be the more advanced playmaker. In his last three starts he simply goes missing too often, meaning we don't really get the ball up the other end unless its on the countrer.

Multiple times tonight moves stopped with this misplacing passes or not showing for the ball.

At time it can work, i.e. his chip into wells second half, but overall? Wanting.

Completely disappeared. Fir the whole time he was on the pitch. I get quiet games but geez. I was going to say that in my original post but wanted to be positive. 

So glad for Martin too. Was just thinking today that he offers so much but we could do with a goal or two.