IGNORED

Derby sold to Abu Dhabi Sheikh

Hxj

What a crock of shit much of modern football really is.

Russian oligarchs, Chinese owners, half of the Far East, human rights abusers & money launderers.

Let’s go back to the days when clubs were owned by the bloke who lived in the town & had a carpet showroom.

Not going to happen but stuff like this is ******* rubbish, I saw Leeds (Italian) owner say yesterday he was receptive to being part of the Red Bull “franchise”, FFS.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I saw Leeds (Italian) owner say yesterday he was receptive to being part of the Red Bull “franchise”, FFS.

I thought he said he wanted to copy that model, not be part of the Red Bull franchise?

Either way, though, I agree - what a crock of shit modern football is. Derby in the Champions League in three years? Joke. 

27 minutes ago, tin said:

I thought he said he wanted to copy that model, not be part of the Red Bull franchise?

Either way, though, I agree - what a crock of shit modern football is. Derby in the Champions League in three years? Joke. 

Maybe so, franchises though, WTF is all that all about?

USA! USA! More ******* rubbish.

It is sooo shortsighted. 
Grab the easy money and to hell with the future of the club, the supporters or the sport. 

The génie is out of the bottle , the game now has more to do with money than romance, the dream or the people who’s community the club represents.

In the future each match will be played on a computer which will  work out the result based on the amount of money spent on the team. 

3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

What does this mean in practice though? We have Lansdown - but FFP prevents us from buying the league. Given Derby push FFP limits every season what will the extra money really do for them?

Aqueducts ? 

5 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

What does this mean in practice though? We have Lansdown - but FFP prevents us from buying the league. Given Derby push FFP limits every season what will the extra money really do for them?

Enable them to buy back Pride Park?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Russian oligarchs, Chinese owners, half of the Far East, human rights abusers & money launderers.

Let’s go back to the days when clubs were owned by the bloke who lived in the town & had a carpet showroom.

Not going to happen but stuff like this is ******* rubbish, I saw Leeds (Italian) owner say yesterday he was receptive to being part of the Red Bull “franchise”, FFS.

Hi....my name’s Brian Steele.... ???

19 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Surely if selling Pride Park counts against their FFP total, then buying it back also counts?

Not necessarily!

I’m pretty certain that if SL secured planning on Ashton Vale he could spend £60m on building a new stadium and it would be excluded for ffp purposes, as an owner can invest for infrastructure e.g. stadium or, as is the case with us currently, the new academy.

With the shambles that has been the EFL administration of ffp, I can see it being a real possibility that the new owners could purchase Pride Park from the current owner - another of Morris’s companies - and because it would be classed as a genuine open market transaction from an unrelated third party, the cost could/would  be excluded from ffp calculations.

It would be interesting to see what might happen if the price the new owners pay for Pride Park is significantly lower than the £60m at which it was valued for ffp last year, although Ive mentioned earlier that I am sure Morris would be able to fudge the figures between the price of the stadium and the football club, so that PP is shown as worth £60m.

9 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Let's be honest - they still own it in reality. It's just on paper they don't. Not like their 'landlord' will massively increase rent or kick them out. 

As far as the ffp transaction was concerned, everyone knew that it was a paper transaction, as Derby’s owner still owned PP, he just “sold”  it to another of his companies for an amount sufficient to dodge an ffp breach.

With the sale of the football club , whether Derby owns Pride Park in reality is irrelevant. They don't own it legally, so If the new owners want to own Pride Park along with Derby County FC, they will have to purchase it from whichever of Morris’s other companies  is the current owner and it would have to be  be a separate legal transaction from the purchase of the football club, even if Morris “in reality” owns both.

As I’ve mentioned above I can see it being possible that the new owners could “buy back” the ground, give Morris back his £60m for it, but not contravene ffp, because they are purchasing infrastructure that is allowed under ffp and are doing so from an unrelated third party and in what would be construed as an open market transaction!

Understand the sentiment and I tend to agree but trusting the local Brit may not be a bed of roses as that could still give you another dodgy Owen Oyston or Ken Bates type. 

Absolutely. Derby to become another strategic pawn for a middle eastern billionaire. Sooo boring. 

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

No it’s not straightforward for them. They have an average squad for the division imo but probably pay big wages to quite a few of them. To guarantee top 6 I would see them having to offload a number of that squad maybe on settlements if it’s a short term project to get them up and then bring in several quality replacements on even higher money. Do they have enough FFP room, even allowing for the charade that is the EFL, to do that?

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Understand the sentiment and I tend to agree but trusting the local Brit may not be a bed of roses as that could still give you another dodgy Owen Oyston or Ken Bates type. 

Exactly. There is a long history of dodgy British owners and often with bad results. This is especially true in the lower leagues. The game is ****** anyway and to make a difference it would need  massive changes that won't happen. That horse bolted a long time ago. 

Archived