IGNORED

De’no excuses

Major Isewater

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It would have been very easy to find excuses why we shouldn’t win but Dean Holden didn’t feel sorry for himself, instead fashioned a victory from the walking dead he had at his disposal.

A big, big win tonight and much deserved.

Well done Dean Holden. 

Did he ever look happy at the end too! I particularly liked the head bump with Chris Martin.

22 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Cardiff probably deserved a point but missed chances thankfully. Deano doing great job considering defence and midfield available.

True, but with tonight’s game they needed a goal to deserve a point so we deserved the win. Makes up for the Barnsley dropped points in my opinion.

There can't have been many City fans watching that post match interview thinking anything other than. ****! You tell 'em Deano.

I loved the passion, and without trying to knock LJ too much, the no bullshit say it as it is without trying to be clever approach.

Fair play, Dean Holden. You're doing really well with so many players unavailable.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

More likely that he'd just watched the game and seen what everyone else did.

Considering City are Cardiff’s second nearest rivals the I didn’t notice any dirty challenges from them.. Tough ones for sure but nothing you wouldn’t expect to see in a local derby

4 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

True, but with tonight’s game they needed a goal to deserve a point so we deserved the win. Makes up for the Barnsley dropped points in my opinion.

Of course but had we of played like them and lost we would all be saying we deserved at least a point.

We need defenders and midfielders back asap as it isn't sustainable to hang on for most of the game every game. But great to go in to the break on back of 2 wins.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Considering City are Cardiff’s second nearest rivals the I didn’t notice any dirty challenges from them.. Tough ones for sure but nothing you wouldn’t expect to see in a local derby

Both managers had a bit of a pop at the ref (theirs more than ours), but I thought he did well.

Got one thing wrong when booking Chris Martin, but when a player kicks his own heels like that, it's difficult to know.

A decent ref for me.

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

Of course but had we of played like them and lost we would all be saying we deserved at least a point.

We need defenders and midfielders back asap as it isn't sustainable to hang on for most of the game every game. But great to go in to the break on back of 2 wins.

Great feeling and booster , as a team to come through it though and keep a clean sheet to seal the 3 points

Someone like Zak will have benefited so much from tonight

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Great feeling and booster , as a team to come through it though and keep a clean sheet to seal the 3 points

Someone like Zak will have benefited so much from tonight

Its great. We needed a clean sheet after recent games. But I do think we won't get many long term unless we get defenders back or new ones in asap.

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Its great. We needed a clean sheet after recent games. But I do think we won't get many long term unless we get defenders back or new ones in asap.

I agree ,

The experience will do us , or some well though 

Pleased for Dean Holden more than anybody with the two wins 

Gives him plenty of breathing space again 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Both managers had a bit of a pop at the ref (theirs more than ours), but I thought he did well.

Got one thing wrong when booking Chris Martin, but when a player kicks his own heels like that, it's difficult to know.

A decent ref for me.

Gave a few soft fouls tonight, but generally ok.

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

There were lots of sly elbows from Keifer Moore. I recall two, at least on Kalas and Martin.

But it was not the usual cauldron of hate associated with the Severnside derbys.

11 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

A decent ref for me.

I thought , fro the most part, he did OK.
That booking was very poor though, I would have been disappointed with a free kick (but understood it), but booking never. He missed the two footed challenge on Bents' , but I think most did until the replay. There were a few soft free kicks against us and when Hunt got infant of his man near the corner, that was the first time I've not seen it given as a free kick. Overall I say decent though. 

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

The Cardiff striker Moore was going very close to a red with some naughty challenges. Ref a bit lenient?

27 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The Cardiff striker Moore was going very close to a red with some naughty challenges. Ref a bit lenient?

Moore is a very tough opponent for any CB - Kalas said as much post match. He’s tall and powerfully built and a real handful. 

I didn’t think that Moore was particularly ‘naughty’ last night.

I'm still cautious with Dean Holden, I still don't think he's the man to improve our position, however, at the moment he's proving me wrong and I have no complaints about that, last night was a hard fought win and I do not remember the last time we took such an early lead without giving it up which showed a lot of passion considering our situation with injuries.
Another concern I had was the ability to turn around a bad turn in form and whilst we looked awful against Norwich and very lacklustre for most of the game against Bournemouth we have now come straight back with back to back wins with one being against Cardiff away.

I'm still very neutral with Holden, not sure about our midfield still either but credit has to be given where credit is due and I'm never one to complain about being proven wrong if it means improvement from the club as a whole, I certainly enjoyed last nights game and I'll enjoy work today as I live in Cardiff.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Moore is a very tough opponent for any CB - Kalas said as much post match. He’s tall and powerfully built and a real handful. 

I didn’t think that Moore was particularly ‘naughty’ last night.

That is spot on and a real handful. Kalas did better  against him as the game went on.

I recall not that long ago we were linked with him on two separate  occasions and remember LJ saying he always beats us up and has a good game against City. That was after a 2 2 at Barnsley.  For a big bloke really mobile.  

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm still cautious with Dean Holden, I still don't think he's the man to improve our position, however, at the moment he's proving me wrong and I have no complaints about that, last night was a hard fought win and I do not remember the last time we took such an early lead without giving it up which showed a lot of passion considering our situation with injuries.
Another concern I had was the ability to turn around a bad turn in form and whilst we looked awful against Norwich and very lacklustre for most of the game against Bournemouth we have now come straight back with back to back wins with one being against Cardiff away.

I'm still very neutral with Holden, not sure about our midfield still either but credit has to be given where credit is due and I'm never one to complain about being proven wrong if it means improvement from the club as a whole, I certainly enjoyed last nights game and I'll enjoy work today as I live in Cardiff.

Lacklustre against Bournemouth...?! 

It was probably one of the hugest tempo first half permormances in living memory..! Very unlucky not to have been 2 or 3 up at half time. 

We weren't awful against Norwich. We were sloppy, due to individual errors and whilst Norwich could have scored more and then sat back a bit, on another day we could have rescued an undeserved point with our second half chances/efforts. 

21 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

That is spot on and a real handful. Kalas did better  against him as the game went on.

I recall not that long ago we were linked with him on two separate  occasions and remember LJ saying he always beats us up and has a good game against City. That was after a 2 2 at Barnsley.  For a big bloke really mobile.  

I remember that as well. Moore is something of a journeyman. Yeovil, FGR, Barnsley, Wigan, Ipswich from memory.

26 minutes ago, Spike said:

What I do think, is that even though he might not have the tactical nouse of a more experienced manager, the players really want to play and win for him. I thought the comeback against Huddersfield epitomised that, you could see how delighted Pato was to get that winning goal. That is the sort of match we would have lost with LJ.

What I think is a real credit to Holden is that he wasn't knee jerk to change his system, but after five games without a win he accepted that it would be madness not to change and he started adapting. He's had some rotten luck with injuries and has had to be flexible. 

20 points from 11 games is a great effort so no complaints from me.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Lacklustre against Bournemouth...?! 

It was probably one of the hugest tempo first half permormances in living memory..! Very unlucky not to have been 2 or 3 up at half time. 

We weren't awful against Norwich. We were sloppy, due to individual errors and whilst Norwich could have scored more and then sat back a bit, on another day we could have rescued an undeserved point with our second half chances/efforts. 

Bournemouth was a game of 2 halves. Great for 45 then pushed back for the next 45. Probably deserved a draw. So for Spike to say we were only lacklustre of most of the game is not true - only half!

And Norwich, we were awful at the back and they had a lot of chances. I would say we deserved to lose but on another day it could have been close with that missed penalty. But some of our play going forward was good so I don't think you could say it was all awful. To be fair if Baker and Mawson were fit, we would probably have got something.

Archived