IGNORED

De’no excuses

Major Isewater

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I remember that as well. Moore is something of a journeyman. Yeovil, FGR, Barnsley, Wigan, Ipswich from memory.

He has certainly played for a number of clubs so, by extension, will have made many journeys - just like most footballers.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't describe him as a 'journeyman' - a common misnomer, look it up.

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He has certainly played for a number of clubs so, by extension, will have made many journeys - just like most footballers.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't describe him as a 'journeyman' - a common misnomer, look it up.

Definition - any experienced, competent but routine worker or performer.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I remember that as well. Moore is something of a journeyman. Yeovil, FGR, Barnsley, Wigan, Ipswich from memory.

A journeyman is not called a journeyman because he has made a lot of journeys / played for a lot of clubs.

The word comes from the French journée which means a day's work. A journeyman does an honest day's work (but don't expect anything else from him...)

6 minutes ago, Polly said:

A journeyman is not called a journeyman because he has made a lot of journeys / played for a lot of clubs.

The word comes from the French journée which means a day's work. A journeyman does an honest day's work (but don't expect anything else from him...)

In footballing terminology a journeyman is a player who has moved from club to club.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In footballing terminology a journeyman is a player who has moved from club to club.

You gave a different definition before:

So which is it? 

Also, is a star performer who moves around a lot still a journeyman?

And is a routine worker who stays at one club still one too?

1 hour ago, Polly said:

You gave a different definition before:

So which is it? 

Also, is a star performer who moves around a lot still a journeyman?

And is a routine worker who stays at one club still one too?

That Christano Ronaldo, nowt but a journeyman!

8 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Elbows flying Al keifer moore and Morrison 

You see it all the time with tall strikers Rob.It happens when they jump. Can’t leap without using arms as leverage. The ref decides if it’s a foul or not and he was pretty lenient last night.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

You see it all the time with tall strikers Rob.It happens when they jump. Can’t leap without using arms as leverage. The ref decides if it’s a foul or not and he was pretty lenient last night.

Yeh i noticed the commentators pulled it up on two occasions especially when they brought that big lump on upfront . Lost another red weds mate jerry always had a chat to me and Al at ht in Dolman only 58 .

On 07/11/2020 at 09:21, Bar BS3 said:

Lacklustre against Bournemouth...?! 

It was probably one of the hugest tempo first half permormances in living memory..! Very unlucky not to have been 2 or 3 up at half time. 

We weren't awful against Norwich. We were sloppy, due to individual errors and whilst Norwich could have scored more and then sat back a bit, on another day we could have rescued an undeserved point with our second half chances/efforts. 

For 45 minutes we ran ourselves into the ground and it showed in the second half when we had nothing left to give, there was nothing in that second half and whilst you can make the argument that the first half was a good performance there is no denying that we looked dead in the second half with nothing for Bournemouth to worry about when we came forward. The team played right into Bournemouth's hands, they have better talent so they allowed us to wear ourselves out in the first half whilst they defended well and then in the second half tired players just couldn't contain their quality for the second half.

40 minutes ago, Spike said:

For 45 minutes we ran ourselves into the ground and it showed in the second half when we had nothing left to give, there was nothing in that second half and whilst you can make the argument that the first half was a good performance there is no denying that we looked dead in the second half with nothing for Bournemouth to worry about when we came forward. The team played right into Bournemouth's hands, they have better talent so they allowed us to wear ourselves out in the first half whilst they defended well and then in the second half tired players just couldn't contain their quality for the second half.

And you'd define that as being "Lacklustre"..? 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

They defended well in the first half? No we just missed several presentable chances. Couldn't have been further from 'lackluster' in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

And you'd define that as being "Lacklustre"..? 

I think you both make valid points.  Against the good sides unless we can “compete” for the 90 I think we’ll struggle.  Whether we go full-tilt one half and blow a gasket second half kinda highlights this.  If we try to play steadily all game do Bournemouth come out on top anyway?  That’s the challenge.

Watching the "highlights" on Quest this morning, I was thinking how brave his choices were really. We lost one of our forward options before the game and I would suggest that a lot of Managers/coaches would have considered sticking with a 2 or even going 1 up top to give the ability to freshen things up from the bench. Instead he went with a 3 and, coupled with that, he decided to stick with two "8's" instead of playing to defensive midfield players. It worked, partly I think because Cardiff would have been expecting us to set up more defensively, (and they were generally crap), but also told the players he was confident in them to pull it off.

Archived