IGNORED

Our Set Pieces

DaveF

On 06/11/2020 at 20:57, DaveF said:

Awful aren't they?

Great win tonight but pretty much every free-kick and corner were appalling today! Without Brunt (I know) or Walsh in the team we really waste these opportunities. 

Much has been made about the lack of Williams and Walsh as an option.

Do you genuinely believe that they will make a big difference? I've seen so little of Walsh at Championship level ( couple of games is it?) whilst I've never seen Williams play other than for Wigan and never really noticed him particularly.

If they come in after the break- what impact do you expect?

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Do you genuinely believe that they will make a big difference? I've seen so little of Walsh at Championship level ( couple of games is it?) whilst I've never seen Williams play other than for Wigan and never really noticed him particularly.

Walsh is supposed to be an excellent set piece taker so of course having him or Brunt in the team will increase our chances from set pieces?

I'm talking specifically about set pieces, not general play.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I don't know re: Williams, but have a Friend in Coventry who said that Walsh was "head & shoulders above most other midfielders in terms of his creativity, forward passing and playing dead balls"... now I know that was in League one, but I see no reason he won't be able to take great free kicks and play incisive forward pass in the Championship too. Really looking forward to seeing him in action.

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Check out Williams corners for Wigan against us at AG last season where Dunkley scored twice.

Beat me to it. I watched Williams closely that day and his corners were superb. 

Walsh on the other hand is excellent on free-kicks around the box. Look at his goal against QPR (around 5 minutes below).

Archived