Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Our Set Pieces

14 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

It feels like when we get a throw in it is to the opposing teams advantage as we just launch it long and it comes straight back the way it came with an opposition player.  Or like the post above, we take way to long and let the other team organise.  Fair enough to waste time later on in the second half but not all through the game.  

And yes, our free kicks are crap, especially when we play it backward and it ends up going to the keeper when we should be getting players in the box. What a waste! That frustrates me.

In the last two games we’ve tended to go down the line from throw-ins, but up until then we’ve generally seen some little planned moves that keep the ball....which were devoid under LJ.  It is basic stuff that is t practiced enough.

• Like 1
On 06/11/2020 at 20:57, DaveF said:

Awful aren't they?

Great win tonight but pretty much every free-kick and corner were appalling today! Without Brunt (I know) or Walsh in the team we really waste these opportunities. 

Much has been made about the lack of Williams and Walsh as an option.

Do you genuinely believe that they will make a big difference? I've seen so little of Walsh at Championship level ( couple of games is it?) whilst I've never seen Williams play other than for Wigan and never really noticed him particularly.

If they come in after the break- what impact do you expect?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Do you genuinely believe that they will make a big difference? I've seen so little of Walsh at Championship level ( couple of games is it?) whilst I've never seen Williams play other than for Wigan and never really noticed him particularly.

Walsh is supposed to be an excellent set piece taker so of course having him or Brunt in the team will increase our chances from set pieces?

I'm talking specifically about set pieces, not general play.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I don't know re: Williams, but have a Friend in Coventry who said that Walsh was "head & shoulders above most other midfielders in terms of his creativity, forward passing and playing dead balls"... now I know that was in League one, but I see no reason he won't be able to take great free kicks and play incisive forward pass in the Championship too. Really looking forward to seeing him in action.

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Check out Williams corners for Wigan against us at AG last season where Dunkley scored twice.

Beat me to it. I watched Williams closely that day and his corners were superb. 

Walsh on the other hand is excellent on free-kicks around the box. Look at his goal against QPR (around 5 minutes below).

Edited by tin
  • Like 1