IGNORED

Wallet Found

Gazred

Has initials NH. Any takers? ?

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris told BBC Sport Wales:

"I have to be honest and say I'm absolutely gutted. I feel like I have had my wallet pinched out of my pocket. We were by far the better team. We dominated the game, the ball, and had the better chances. We have been punished for one misplaced pass. I feel robbed.

Just now, Gazred said:

"I have to be honest and say I'm absolutely gutted. I feel like I have had my wallet pinched out of my pocket. We were by far the better team. We dominated the game, the ball, and had the better chances. We have been punished for one misplaced pass. I feel robbed.

Fkuc Cardiff 

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

Sounds like a quote from, "The Losing Manager's Text Book"

4 minutes ago, Gazred said:

None of that means f... all when you concede a goal but don't score one. Simple really ??

6 minutes ago, Gazred said:

In fairness, I’m not sure that there’s a lot in there that’s incorrect. He’s sort of factually accurate. 

14 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Shame!!

24 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In fairness, I’m not sure that there’s a lot in there that’s incorrect. He’s sort of factually accurate. 

They had 4 more shots on target than us.....but how many were actual clear cut chances? Did Bentley have to make any real saves.....the tip round the post in the first half although I don’t think that was going in.

other than that mainly gathering high balls.

plenty of possession yes but robbed? Nah

27 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Possibly Fordy- but unless you have any evidence beyond " sort of factually accurate" I'm afraid you're just gonna have to let Deano off with a caution.

Put this on the match day thread but probably more appropriate here

From a sensible Cardiff Fan on their forum

When Bristol City prepared for this game do you think their game plan was to come here and dominate the game like we did? No doubt we dominated the statistics but statistics mean nothing significant - the only thing that matters is the scoreline. Bristol City managed the game well, held their defensive line well, remained disciplined throughout the game and intimidated our most physical players (notably O'Dowda vs Nelson and Morrison/Kalas vs Moore). In considering that, compare their performance to ours - what did we do best? We didn't do much well but oh well, at least we had the ball more than they did and we managed to put the ball in their box a few times. We didn't play well because we came close to scoring once or twice...we played poorly despite coming close to scoring once to twice.

40 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Oh dear. How Sad. Never mind!

Interesting? having watched that for 95 odd minutes I was pleased we emerged from that with 3 points. 
NH has a point in that another day all those ‘box entries’ would surely have yielded a goal or two, but not today.

Then defending is an art like attacking.  Part and parcel of the game, and tonight our defending was as a rule of thumb more than decent. Bents was massive between the sticks and TK eventually got to grips with Moore who is a decent striker.

cannot wait to see Williams and Walsh in this side. 

Managers post match frustration and defence mechanisms 

Maybe his private view , especially after reviewing the game a couple of times , will be different

Where did they open us up , break our shape ?

Their ‘pressure’ was actually countless balls at Moore and then Gratzel and Moore - any side can do that and claim ‘pressure’ 

We were in a fair amount of control of the situation ,far more than many including Harris suggest

Our clear and obvious problem was the height of Moore over our back four and there wasn’t much we could do about that - Add Morrison  , Nelson at set pieces (Then Gratzel whos nearly as tall as Moore) and we had our hands more than full 

Kalas did a sterling and brave physical effort and Bentley and Chris Martin helped Zak and Kalas admirably where they could

No two ways about it - rewatch the game without in game nerves or emotion , we were the more accomplished , structured and impressive side last night 

50 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

XG says 2

Here’s the Wyscout xG map.  Two good chances (highlighted), but not high-probability in xG terms. Total xG was 1.4, but many were “hopeful”.  Martin’s chance was 0.60.  Wells volley 0.27.  So we create 2 of the 3 best chances!!!  But that’s xG....it’s just a view of how hard a chance was, not a reflection on who should win a game.

0DAF50B6-FC9B-4C22-877D-0E0087AB70B6.thumb.jpeg.2b5b5ae525076f6905a83ce442f8eb98.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Managers post match frustration and defence mechanisms 

Maybe his private view , especially after reviewing the game a couple of times , will be different

Where did they open us up , break our shape ?

Their ‘pressure’ was actually countless balls at Moore and then Gratzel and Moore - any side can do that and claim ‘pressure’ 

We were in a fair amount of control of the situation ,far more than many including Harris suggest

Our clear and obvious problem was the height of Moore over our back four and there wasn’t much we could do about that - Add Morrison  , Nelson at set pieces (Then Gratzel whos nearly as tall as Moore) and we had our hands more than full 

Kalas did a sterling and brave physical effort and Bentley and Chris Martin helped Zak and Kalas admirably where they could

No two ways about it - rewatch the game without in game nerves or emotion , we were the more accomplished , structured and impressive side last night 

On the pod last night I started to go into this, but the feedback on the show was terrible.

Like I’ve said countless times, when you’re playing against someone so dominant in the air, you have to get up early.  Kalas can sometimes go up a smidge too early, but he hangs well (not in that sense Rudolf).  It means as the striker goes up the ref can see it as a foul or the striker can’t get up as high as normal, or you affect his timing as a minimum.

Ive generally been relaxed whilst watching this season.  I see a plan, think that helps.

Archived