IGNORED

Brunt

marcofisher

Genuinely can’t see any benefit  to brunt signing. Don’t think he offers enough on the pitch. Slow, played in wrong position and blocking pathway for likes of massengo who would better suit the position, no doubt on decent wages we could have saved. Maybe his experience can help behind the scenes but as for on the pitch, it’s a no from me.

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Williams and Walsh are still not back after the international break, or if one or two of them are back then it might be that it takes time for them to be ready to start games. They have been out for a while

Walsh was supposed to be training on grass about 6 weeks ago, Williams 3? So hopefully they have managed a mini pre season come 2 weeks time. It will take some juggling easing all the returning players into the team that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Blimey I didn't know that. Surely they must be close then. Not seen Walsh at all in most recent training video.

I seen someone quote that Williams hisself say he would be ready for the Barnsley game , so I'll believe it only when their name is on the team sheet.
Can't find the report of Walsh, but found one what looks to be just after Stoke (20th Sept) saying Williams was on the grass. Like I said, I won't hold my breath but will cross my fingers.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Box to box I think he would not be a liability at all. Holding role, yes certainly at his age and not played there much.

What makes you think HNM has box to box potential?

Appreciate he has a good engine, but I’ve never seen the slightest hint he can score or even assist regularly.

We simply have too many better players right now.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Blimey I didn't know that. Surely they must be close then. Not seen Walsh at all in most recent training video.

Both players have been “back on the grass” according to press interviews at different points.  Neither seem to have progressed to “back training with the group” though.

Lets hope we get good news.

Walsh was at Huddersfield on Tuesday.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Both players have been “back on the grass” according to press interviews at different points.  Neither seem to have progressed to “back training with the group” though.

Lets hope we get good news.

Walsh was at Huddersfield on Tuesday.

image.gif.6c81c951c392c4be2f5a5afa916670e7.gifWhen you say “back on grass”.......

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Walsh was supposed to be training on grass about 6 weeks ago, Williams 3? So hopefully they have managed a mini pre season come 2 weeks time. It will take some juggling easing all the returning players into the team that's for sure.

Yeah, was definitely bullshit this. We’ve heard that line about Walsh and Williams consistently for months when in reality they were miles off. Holden has just been trying to deflect the seriousness of the injuries for some strange reason. He’s refused to admit how long Mawson is out for as well, which to me shows that he knows full well he’s completely crocked.

6 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Yeah, was definitely bullshit this. We’ve heard that line about Walsh and Williams consistently for months when in reality they were miles off. Holden has just been trying to deflect the seriousness of the injuries for some strange reason. He’s refused to admit how long Mawson is out for as well, which to me shows that he knows full well he’s completely crocked.

In this report 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-word-dean-holden-bristol-4674419 

DH states to McGregor he anticipates both should be back after the break..... don’t bet on it mind.

7 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I don't understand the point of fudging info about Walsh 7 Williams, not as though Holden crock them.
Mawson is different, not being our player I guess you need to deal with, not only the player but the parent club as to what's released.
Definitely seems less inclined to give fans info on injuries these days.

Part of me wonders if Massengo was told to go out on loan in the summer and refused.

He is now being kept out of the squad to make him see that he will need to go out on loan for games in January. 

Either that or they think that it would be of better benefit to him staying around the squad. But given how we have used the loan system in the last few years for develop players, that seems very against our process.

13 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

What makes you think HNM has box to box potential?

Appreciate he has a good engine, but I’ve never seen the slightest hint he can score or even assist regularly.

We simply have too many better players right now.

On his debut, he won the ball on the half way line then sprayed the ball out to the wing, sprinted to the box and almost scored with a header.

looked like one of those players that Johnson coached out any enthusiasm and natural Instinct.

9 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Unless both have suffered setbacks during recovery (which seems pretty unlikely) I agree with this, it simply makes little sense that they have been expected back in September, October & now it is “after the international break”.
In truth although I think Williams will be an asset (I’m not so convinced by Walsh) I’m starting to think we should plan to get along without them, Bakinson’s emergence is a huge plus, Nagy is showing what he can do when given a chance & Brunt & Massengo are around as back up.

As for Mawson the fact he is Fulham’s player does complicate this, but I think you are right, in that we do know much more about the severity there than we are saying & I think we are putting plans in place to manage without him.

Archived