IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

Numero Uno

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

With the Wells penalty, and this one, surely as the taker is running up to take it, he MUST be thinking "what is the best , most certain way of putting this away" , and then they go and do that. Its pure negligence, and they should never be trusted with a penalty again.

Totally. That goes for Wells too. It’s flash and completely selfish, end of. That Fulham dressing room would be an interesting place to be right now!!

Wtf did I just watch? 

What angers me so much, just as Nahki's did - is the lack of professionalism. 

There's nonchalance, and then there's arrogance and contempt (for your team, management and fans) 

If you miss a pen, you miss a pen, it's a high pressure moment. 

But this kind of nonsense makes you look like you don't give a damn. 

I disagree with a lot of these comments. Obviously he mishit it and if it works out it’s a clever way of scoring. Blasting it can also misfire but a reckless blast over the bar doesn’t get the “disrespect “ comments.

There’s no guaranteed way to score unless you can be certain of a powerful shot into the corner. As most keepers go to one side, a chip in the middle is a fair bet. Just get it right.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I disagree with a lot of these comments. Obviously he mishit it and if it works out it’s a clever way of scoring. Blasting it can also misfire but a reckless blast over the bar doesn’t get the “disrespect “ comments.

There’s no guaranteed way to score unless you can be certain of a powerful shot into the corner. As most keepers go to one side, a chip in the middle is a fair bet. Just get it right.

Totally disagree

as I said in the Wells penalty thread

If as a pro at these levels , you can’t pick out a corner / side netting with pace , you shouldn’t be on penalties 

The best penalty takers in the World don’t **** about with smart arse panenkas

IF IN DOUBT, HIT THE PENALTY AS HARD AS POSSIBLE

In an investigation on power v placement, researchers analysed 129 penalties that were taken during World Cup Finals and in the finals of the UEFA Champions League. They found the following data for how hard you hit your penalty:

Power of Shot Scored Missed Target Saved
50% 47% 0% 53%
75% 81% 1% 18%
100% 63% 31% 7%

The most successful type of penalty was one that was hit at 75% of maximum power. It suggests that a combination of power and placement is best. However, what to do if in doubt? If you hit it softly, it increases the chance of hitting the target, but also dramatically increases the likelihood of the goalkeeper saving it (resulting in scoring 47% of the time).

If you hit it with 100% power, you are more likely to miss the target, but the chance of the goalkeeper saving it if it is on target is very small (resulting in scoring 63% of the time). So if in doubt, hit the penalty with maximum power.

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Totally disagree

as I said in the Wells penalty thread

If as a pro at these levels , you can’t pick out a corner / side netting with pace , you shouldn’t be on penalties 

The best penalty takers in the World don’t **** about with smart arse panenkas

Messi, Ronaldo, Pirlo and Totti were obviously never one of the best in the world.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Messi, Ronaldo, Pirlo and Totti were obviously never one of the best in the world.

I was thinking domestically

Try finding a Shearer , Kane , Le Tissier , Ray Steward Phil Neal one 
Mr Sarcasm (Shock)

Maybe take note that if Players with the technique of Pirlo or Neymar look complete ***** when it fails , don’t try it if you are Nahki Wells or Lookman 

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Mr Sarcasm (Shock)

That would be down to the trend.

It became a popular thing to do again in the last 10 years or so, so there are many more instances of it being done recently, add to the fact that there is now footage of nearly every game.

Kane aside, it has been the best part of 20 years since any of those played a competitive game.

You said top players never do it.

Myself and another have provided video evidence of top players doing it.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That would be down to the trend.

It became a popular thing to do again in the last 10 years or so, so there are many more instances of it being done recently, add to the fact that there is now footage of nearly every game.

Kane aside, it has been the best part of 20 years since any of those played a competitive game.

You said top players never do it.

Myself and another have provided video evidence of top players doing it.

Congratulations

So it’s a trend is it .....  a good penalty taker is or was a good penalty taker , whichever era 

Virtually all of the most successful , particularly domestically wouldn’t even consider it 

It’s a high risk technique that should be reserved for ‘***** with oversized egos’

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Congratulations

So it’s a trend is it .....  a good penalty taker is or was a good penalty taker , whichever era 

Virtually all of the most successful , particularly domestically wouldn’t even consider it 

It’s a high risk technique that should be reserved for ‘***** with oversized egos’

Ah, so you try them often then?

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

So , unusually on here , you are looking to butt heads are you James 

Ill let you sleep off your pint of lager as I have no interest in debating with you or arguing with you tbh

Sleep,tight

I made that comment because it was an accurate description. 

2 people have given you evidence of top players missing while doing a Panenka, including 2 players in the discussion of the best player ever.

But you dismissed that.

You changed you argument to no top domestic players trying it, and when I pointed out that Panenkas have become a fashionable thing to try over the last 10 years, yet you also completely dismissed that without considering the fact that 15 years ago most people wouldn't have been able to tell you what a Panenka was unless they perhaps remembered it being done in the European Championships in the 70s.

It is also attempted a lot more now than 20 years ago because it is a fashionable penalty. Evidence- in the last few weeks there's Wells and Lookman both trying it, and I guarantee more could be found if you really looked.

So on two occasions you have dismissed reality in order to stick with an inaccurate statement, that is why I made the comment I did.

Just accept you were wrong.

55 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Mr Sarcasm (Shock)

Maybe take note that if Players with the technique of Pirlo or Neymar look complete ***** when it fails , don’t try it if you are Nahki Wells or Lookman 

Shearer

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I made that comment because it was an accurate description. 

2 people have given you evidence of top players missing while doing a Panenka, including 2 players in the discussion of the best player ever.

But you dismissed that.

You changed you argument to no top domestic players trying it, and when I pointed out that Panenkas have become a fashionable thing to try over the last 10 years, yet you also completely dismissed that without considering the fact that 15 years ago most people wouldn't have been able to tell you what a Panenka was unless they perhaps remembered it being done in the European Championships in the 70s.

It is also attempted a lot more now than 20 years ago because it is a fashionable penalty. Evidence- in the last few weeks there's Wells and Lookman both trying it, and I guarantee more could be found if you really looked.

So on two occasions you have dismissed reality in order to stick with an inaccurate statement, that is why I made the comment I did.

Just accept you were wrong.

You can present whatever facts you like about “fashionable” and players scoring them but what I do know is that in lots of promotion chasing and relegation threatened teams up and down the country if some little selfish, egotistical scrote missed a vital last minute penalty to get a point or a win in that fashion there would be abuse dished out towards the idiot and probably punches thrown afterwards.

Whatever Fulham say in public to try and show unity you can guarantee that Lookman would have got plenty going his way in the dressing room afterwards, either that or the cold shoulder from quite a few for a while, and too bloody right he should have. You don’t do a 12k, pick up plenty of cuts and bruises and work your nuts off over 90 minutes for a little show off to cost you a point like that cos he wants to look cool on YouTube.

I would be amazed if anybody can seriously defend that manner of taking a penalty in that particular situation. Perhaps you should phone up Scott Parker and explain to him how he’s got it all wrong ?

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

You can present whatever facts you like about “fashionable” and players scoring them but what I do know is that in lots of promotion chasing and relegation threatened teams up and down the country if some little selfish, egotistical scrote missed a vital last minute penalty to get a point or a win in that fashion there would be abuse dished out towards the idiot and probably punches thrown afterwards.

Whatever Fulham say in public to try and show unity you can guarantee that Lookman would have got plenty going his way in the dressing room afterwards, either that or the cold shoulder from quite a few for a while, and too bloody right he should have. You don’t do a 12k, pick up plenty of cuts and bruises and work your nuts off over 90 minutes for a little show off to cost you a point like that cos he wants to look cool on YouTube.

I would be amazed if anybody can seriously defend that manner of taking a penalty in that particular situation. Perhaps you should phone up Scott Parker and explain to him how he’s got it all wrong ?

I wasnt defending the penalty at all.

I didn't even point to players scoring it either.

I was challenging the false claim that top players never do the Panenka.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Ah, fair enough.

Was the bit at the end about explaining it to Parker that seemed like it was being addressed to me.

No, that’s addressed to anyone generally who can defend the manner of taking that penalty in the circumstances which could, not saying it will, cost Scott Parker his job!!

I’m sure Lookman would be devastated if that happened but it wouldn’t help Scott Parker much.

Archived