IGNORED

3rd Kit : UPDATED 31/03 - Kit to be worn on Friday against Stoke

citywest30

7 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

What I don’t get is June/July people had 4 days to make a decision on the 4 options. 
They would of then had a rough idea of numbers and should of said what names etc. by a deadline. 
Why is it going to take 5 months minimum to produce a shirt?

Jon Lansdown is writing the names on by hand. 

10 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

What I don’t get is June/July people had 4 days to make a decision on the 4 options. 
They would of then had a rough idea of numbers and should of said what names etc. by a deadline. 

Probably delayed further due to Hummel’s production HQ being invaded by Zombie Mink ?

https://t.co/B5XbTfYzva

18 minutes ago, sinenomine said:

As a gesture of goodwill they're going to put a name and number on the back too.

Nagy 4

Be so unlucky if someone gets their shirt personalised and the lettering/number covers up their actual name woven into the shirt itself!

Would also be nice if the club could release a PDF/hi-res image of the shirt, so we can start to search for our names before they actually arrive.

3 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Shirt didn’t go on sale till end September and order was placed early October according to Jon Lansdowns Twitter feed..

1 minute ago, Clevedon Red said:

Shirt didn’t go on sale till end September and order was placed early October according to Jon Lansdowns Twitter feed..

That’s fair enough but if people had 4 days in June/July to choose there option they should know the numbers then maximum to be ordered.

Why wait 2 months to place the order, just seems the club dragged there feet over this and the shirt shouldn’t have to go on sale for I thought was only for people who choose that option.

3 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

We are minions in Hummels (Or any other major kit manufacturer) world and will be well down the priority list

Add CoVid complications .... 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Clevedon Red said:

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

That’s fair enough but if people had 4 days in June/July to choose there option they should know the numbers then maximum to be ordered.

Why wait 2 months to place the order, just seems the club dragged there feet over this and the shirt shouldn’t have to go on sale for I thought was only for people who choose that option.

Something very odd about that timeline

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

Something very odd about that timeline

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/20/21-Kits/bristol-city-2020-2021-third-kit.html

Think that Wayne’s tongue is referring to the options available when football resumed and what did we want to do with remaining season ticket refund.

the kit was released on 25.9

The silence from the club is ridiculous & Jerry SLO doing his best on here is not what I would refer to as ‘ communication ‘ from the club. They were emailing offers about buying a shirt & getting a zip up top discounted etc etc. I ordered the 3rd shirt, 3rd shorts & socks along with the zip up top. Too only be told that they couldn’t guarantee Christmas delivery & that the only thing in stock was the socks if I wanted to split the order! Happy Christmas son, here’s a pair of socks! So the zip up top they were promoting through their emails wasn’t even available! Unbelievable. COYR 

7 hours ago, Laner said:

Be so unlucky if someone gets their shirt personalised and the lettering/number covers up their actual name woven into the shirt itself!

Would also be nice if the club could release a PDF/hi-res image of the shirt, so we can start to search for our names before they actually arrive.

Exact reason i went to the shop to view before getting my boys name on it , they didnt have any and said they havent seen it , just classic city utterly useless .

• Admin
4 hours ago, Simon79 said:

The silence from the club is ridiculous & Jerry SLO doing his best on here is not what I would refer to as ‘ communication ‘ from the club. They were emailing offers about buying a shirt & getting a zip up top discounted etc etc. I ordered the 3rd shirt, 3rd shorts & socks along with the zip up top. Too only be told that they couldn’t guarantee Christmas delivery & that the only thing in stock was the socks if I wanted to split the order! Happy Christmas son, here’s a pair of socks! So the zip up top they were promoting through their emails wasn’t even available! Unbelievable. COYR 

I really feel for people that don't use social media, they are so unaware of many things happening with the club.

We've got a WhatsApp group with many of us that come up from Weston together  there's many in there that genuinely have no idea of lot's of things going on. 

They'll see the official site and nothing more.

Credit to Jerry as he does also interact on twitter but I can't imagine how many people feel disconnected from the club with so little comms from them 

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Going by previous shirt launches, and other time scales the Club use, I'm not bothering to check my post until Easter.

You’re likely to have a lot of junk mail to dump in one go if you aren’t checking your mail until easter!

I must get a small rain forest come through my door weekly.?

Surely the club must have some kind of order information from Hummel. 

When BCFC placed the order in September, surely Hummel must’ve replied and said “your order is expected to be delivered by xx”. 

Hummel’s production factory must surely work on some sort of semi-organised basis, where they plan the work they’ll be performing. They surely must have a list of orders and a processing queue. 

20,000 Spurs kits - start processing 30th Sept, expected completion 10th Oct. 

10,000 Southampton kits - expected start date of processing 10th Oct, expected completion date 16th Oct. 

6,000 Bristol City 3rd kits - expected start date of processing xxxx, expected completion date xxxx. 

Has anyone at Bristol City phoned Hummel and said “any chance on a completion date please?”  

The situation is frankly ludicrous. 

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

When BCFC placed the order in September, surely Hummel must’ve replied and said “your order is expected to be delivered by xx”. 

Hummel’s production factory must surely work on some sort of semi-organised basis, where they plan the work they’ll be performing. They surely must have a list of orders and a processing queue. 

10,000 Southampton kits - expected start date of processing 10th Oct, expected completion date 16th Oct. 

6,000 Bristol City 3rd kits - expected start date of processing xxxx, expected completion date xxxx. 

Has anyone at Bristol City phoned Hummel and said “any chance on a completion date please?”  

Exactly, and moreso because of the time of year.

Money is tight for a lot of people. Funds will have been committed to this for children’s Christmas presents. If they’re not arriving by then, people need to be told and refunds issued this week to allow parents to make alternate plans.

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

The answer is probably yes to all of those questions but Hummel have loads of sports teams that they are doing equipment for, from team first, 2nd & 3rd full kits to training wear, leisure wear & Christmas tat.

It’s not as simple as just knocking one set of shirts out.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

You’re likely to have a lot of junk mail to dump in one go if you aren’t checking your mail until easter!

I must get a small rain forest come through my door weekly.?

If you click the below link it will download a form that you can send to Royal Mail, opting out of unaddressed mail. You have to redo it every couple of years and sometimes if you have a different postie to usual you might get a few leaflets but otherwise it has dramatically reduced the amount of crap through the letterbox. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/D2D-Opt-Out-Application-Form-2015.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjal6Gmr7TtAhWmQEEAHXZJAiEQFjAJegQIFhAB&usg=AOvVaw3yW8aCJWr-dA4tkxFClLEv

19 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

The answer is probably yes to all of those questions but Hummel have loads of sports teams that they are doing equipment for, from team first, 2nd & 3rd full kits to training wear, leisure wear & Christmas tat.

It’s not as simple as just knocking one set of shirts out.

Of course they do. 
But wouldn’t you think that such a company would have an order log? They’d surely know, if they plan their processes and production correctly, how many orders they’ve got, how many employees they have and thus how many they can knock out in one day, and thus have an estimated delivery date to its customer, BCFC. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Of course they do. 
But wouldn’t you think that such a company would have an order log? They’d surely know, if they plan their processes and production correctly, how many orders they’ve got, how many employees they have and thus how many they can knock out in one day, and thus have an estimated delivery date to its customer, BCFC. 

They have given us an estimated date as far as I’m aware & the club have said hopefully they’ll be delivered before Christmas, obviously once they deliver to the club, the club then have to individually package each one to those that have purchased & this is also likely to take time.

As for staff, I would assume that under the current climate, knowing exactly how many staff maybe in work will of probably fluctuated or even been at zero for a while?

21 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

They have given us an estimated date as far as I’m aware & the club have said hopefully they’ll be delivered before Christmas, obviously once they deliver to the club, the club then have to individually package each one to those that have purchased & this is also likely to take time.

As for staff, I would assume that under the current climate, knowing exactly how many staff maybe in work will of probably fluctuated or even been at zero for a while?

Nope. There’s been no estimated delivery date. See below. 
They have said they have no idea when they’ll receive them from Hummel. 
This is what strikes me as most odd. Covid or not, surely Hummel must know what their workloads are, what their workforce looks like day to day, and what their order book is? How many kits they can expect to manufacture on a daily/weekly basis. If not, what sort of business model are they operating! 

BCFC - “When will our kit be ready?”  
Hummel - “Don’t know”. 
BCFC - “Just a rough date?”  
Hummel - “Nope. No idea. Sorry”. 
BCFC - “Do any of your customers have a deadline date on their orders?”  
Hummel - “No idea. We don’t have a list of orders. We just come in and make whatever we fancy. Today we made a few Spurs kits. Day before, we made a few West Ham training tops. We’ll have to see what tomorrow brings. If we’ve got some of the white cotton left from the Spurs cast-offs, we might be able to knock a few of your 3rd kits out”. 
BCFC - “Great business model. Do you fancy running our recruitment?”  

B954D233-1064-4604-B4F0-7917D6E8C635.jpeg

On 10/12/2020 at 09:20, Brann-red said:

Went to the shop today and was told the shirts are expected on the 19th December . So for Xmas deliveries that’s really pushing it . 

Did they give any other information? Could we go to the shop & pick up the order? Instead of waiting for delivery etc. Sorry to ask, but I feel I’ll get more information from you, rather than the club I made the purchase with! COYR

On 10/12/2020 at 09:20, Brann-red said:

Went to the shop today and was told the shirts are expected on the 19th December . So for Xmas deliveries that’s really pushing it . 

2 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Went shop last week and they said as soon as they come in they will be sent out on next day delivery 

Why the club can't give out some information, anything , it's like pulling ******* teeth.

I saw someone asked the SLO and he replied DM me, I did ask if was a secret but he didn't answer.

There can be many reasons for delay etc, but there is no reason they can't just tell people what info they have. Beyond amateur.

Archived