IGNORED

3rd Kit : UPDATED 31/03 - Kit to be worn on Friday against Stoke

citywest30

• The title was changed to 3rd Kit
Just now, citywest30 said:

Does anyone know when this will be sent out to people who pre ordered it? I know the cut off date for orders was early October.

Went on a stadium tour last week and SLO Jerry said that he had seen it and it looked great but there has been delays with the manufacturer. Didn’t give a definite date but seemed to suggest it would be a few more weeks yet 

I bought one of these for my ten year old son, and the way he's growing at the moment seriously worries me that by the time of delivery he won't get very much wear out of it. It wasn't cheap either, especially with his name and number printed on the back.

Likewise, I ordered the home shirt for myself and I still haven't received it yet. I can only assume it's because both shirts are on the same delivery as I refused to pay two separate delivery costs which were extortionate!

Ps. I'd like to say that I haven't heard a peep out of the club on this, even just to say they're waiting on the manufacturer. Complete radio silence.

7 hours ago, beaverface said:

I bought one of these for my ten year old son, and the way he's growing at the moment seriously worries me that by the time of delivery he won't get very much wear out of it. It wasn't cheap either, especially with his name and number printed on the back.

Likewise, I ordered the home shirt for myself and I still haven't received it yet. I can only assume it's because both shirts are on the same delivery as I refused to pay two separate delivery costs which were extortionate!

Ps. I'd like to say that I haven't heard a peep out of the club on this, even just to say they're waiting on the manufacturer. Complete radio silence.

Speak with Jerry. Im in the same sinking boat and he did say there could be a chance to separate them out if you want one part before the other. 
Im waiting on two other items along with the 3rd shirt. Just decided to forget about it and accept a new years’ present! ?

1 hour ago, Rebounder said:

My partner's ordered clothes off some dodgy sites before where it takes around 3 months to arrive. Does get here eventually though. 

Personalised latex or leather clothing from abroad takes a while .............apparently 

On 08/11/2020 at 09:45, Tipps69 said:

It was originally said by JL that hopefully it would be delivered before Christmas!

Bit like Walsh & Williams 

The Christmas Elves .....

Had some contact with Jerry SLO, who said they where hoping for a pre Christmas delivery, but couldn’t guarantee anything. Bit of a shambles really, I ordered various things, along with the 3rd shirt. But unfortunately was all going to be delivered together, as it was ordered at the same time. Jerry tried to help, by splitting the delivery as it was all Christmas presents. But the only thing in stock was the home socks! Jerry was a credit to the club, the stock controller on the other hand........ I know the times we are living in, but City were still emailing me on deals the seemingly cannot deliver! COYR 

3 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Had some contact with Jerry SLO, who said they where hoping for a pre Christmas delivery, but couldn’t guarantee anything. Bit of a shambles really, I ordered various things, along with the 3rd shirt. But unfortunately was all going to be delivered together, as it was ordered at the same time. Jerry tried to help, by splitting the delivery as it was all Christmas presents. But the only thing in stock was the home socks! Jerry was a credit to the club, the stock controller on the other hand........ I know the times we are living in, but City were still emailing me on deals the seemingly cannot deliver! COYR 

The email offers are a p*as take. Hopefully they’ll be sacking Hummel after this fiasco. Wonder whether Umbro’s rugby kits are delayed??

• Admin

Will be worth watching this

The club are fortunate they don't have fans at the ground at the moment, could to imagine the scenes of people angry about orders not being fulfilled.

The danger for the club is that people won't trust the ordering procedure in the future so am sure sales will be impacted

14 hours ago, Mendip City said:

The email offers are a p*as take. Hopefully they’ll be sacking Hummel after this fiasco. Wonder whether Umbro’s rugby kits are delayed??

Wasn't it a similar story when we had Adidas?

I think the biggest shambles will be them trying to unpick the mess at the end.

People who ordered the kits for their kids will probably now want/need a larger size.

People who took the kit option over the refund probably now want the refund.

And people who were expecting to gift it as Christmas will start getting twitchy and looking at other gift ideas.

Usual shambles. 

6 hours ago, phantom said:

You wanted a reply from the retail team? 

There it is....

Stuck away on a sub-forum that about 10 people read. 
Just think it’d be nice for ALL of those people who ordered a kit in September (ie, the likely hundreds or even thousands who don’t read the sub-forum) to be told, via the official site, that they might not get their purchase til after Xmas. 
A simple matter of easy, mass communication with their customers, rather than having Jerry having to answer questions in a place few will see/read. 
This whole 3rd kit malarkey is a bloody shambles. 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Stuck away on a sub-forum that about 10 people read. 
Just think it’d be nice for ALL of those people who ordered a kit in September (ie, the likely hundreds or even thousands who don’t read the sub-forum) to be told, via the official site, that they might not get their purchase til after Xmas. 
A simple matter of easy, mass communication with their customers, rather than having Jerry having to answer questions in a place few will see/read. 
This whole 3rd kit malarkey is a bloody shambles. 

Wouldn't moan too much Slim, they might insist on giving you an anniversary kit as well, just to apologise for the inconvenience.

*shudders*

Archived