IGNORED

Top 5 takeaway tips in Bristol

Shtanley

Not sure who it is that was saying it but while you were all gushing over Semenyo, one of you said that DH deserved huge credit for playing him because LJ would never of done it! So who replaced Diedhiou last season after Afobe’s injury & played a fair few first team games under LJ last season? He started at at least Brentford & Preston amongst others.

Not a major thing but I think LJ deserves a bit more credit than what he gets now. I get it that towards the end of his time here everything wasn’t hunkydorey but a lot of the club set-up is down to LJ & a lot of these youngsters have come on because of LJ sending them out to get first team men’s football rather than them staying at the club to play U18’s or U23’s football because we simply aren’t in a position to give them all first team football at such a young age.

Think Nagy have quicker feets than Bakinson and as it looks we have our DM in Nagy. Vyner is good defensive but his crosses is not his strenght. We went another tactic when we were one downvs Hudds, it worked and I think it was natural for DH to start with 433. Baker, Mawson injuried and Moore been unlucky some games. Four at the back looked solid. Good with a rest for the team. Thanks for good listening, COYR!!!

15 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Been driving a lot more recently and decided to try some of the other City Podcasts - Once you try the others you really appreciate what you guys put out. Not managed to last more than 10 minutes on any of the others.

I've not really tried the others, but the BS3 Talk, 3 part 'Doing the Double' podcast was brilliant. 

2 hours ago, pride of the west said:

And akinbiyi to wolves same week. And we get Peter beadle as a replacement. As you say, black days. 

Yeah. It’s worse than that. Steve Jones (and his tan) was signed for a ludicrous fee of £450K or thereabouts to lead the line for us for far too long after Ade left.

On a side note. I have always held the crackpot opinion that Pulis thought he was signing Clive Mendonca rather than Jones but Curbishley swapped contracts and Tiny was too lazy to read it. Curbishley then gazumped the property Pulis had an offer in on in Clifton while he was at it. Which is where his Bristol property empire began!

29 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

That’s what the end of the podcast was about 

I don't click links here and listen to an hour of football waiting for the fast food. I thought this thread was about takeaways. I got priorities!

21 hours ago, awbb said:

Yeah. It’s worse than that. Steve Jones (and his tan) was signed for a ludicrous fee of £450K or thereabouts to lead the line for us for far too long after Ade left.

On a side note. I have always held the crackpot opinion that Pulis thought he was signing Clive Mendonca rather than Jones but Curbishley swapped contracts and Tiny was too lazy to read it. Curbishley then gazumped the property Pulis had an offer in on in Clifton while he was at it. Which is where his Bristol property empire began!

I still maintain to this day that p*lis set out to destroy this club from within such is his hatred of all things City.

He nearly bloody succeeded too.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I still maintain to this day that p*lis set out to destroy this club from within such is his hatred of all things City.

When I think about it, what possessed the club to give him the job in the first place? Mind numbingly boring football, obvious gas lover along with his gas number 2 - you really couldn't make it up. Only us eh!

7 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

As I recall he let some decent players- foreign ones signed under Ward and Benny, and some domestic ones go- and signed a load of old guys on high wages, with little sell on value.

SOME of whom at least improved under Wilson, some certainly did not- oh and the football was dreadful under the guy who signed them-yes won't refer to him by name, just "That Guy!"

I liked Mercer though, shame about his injuries. Beadle surely improved under Wilson, Jones at times too- the "Hey Jonesy- where did you get that tan" testament to an improvement at least, but overall "That Guy" and what he gave us, what he left- was pretty awful.

On 08/11/2020 at 17:56, Shtanley said:

That's what Harry Food enlightens us all on, on today's episode of OSIB. 

Pete and Dave join me to discuss the 1-0 win over Cardiff on Friday night.

The boys discuss Antoine Semenyo as ever and also how much we're all rating Chris Martin right now. How good has Kalas been recently? 

LISTEN HERE

I totally disagree with your views on the CNN coverage of the election. The presenters were really good and John King on the Magic Wall is a thing of beauty.

You call yourself a football podcast? You need to get your appraisal of American political broadcasting right. Honestly...

As ever, a good listen - always a strong line up on OSIB.

Credit where it's due, limiting the episodes to an hour was a good move and needed to be done (even though you're producing 2 in a week, which is more content) it's a lot easier to dip in and out of.

On 11/11/2020 at 11:27, wayne allisons tongues said:

Didn’t Pulis get a cut of the Akinbyi fee? Something to do with the contract he signed at Gillingham.

Pulis sold him from Gillingham too, there was something about legal action between GIlls owner and Pulis which didn't look pretty - not sure of the context. The writing was on the wall for Akinbiyi when we got relegated, as a 9 year old I was resigned to him leaving. We swapped Brennan in part for John Burns - who later went on to play in a band I nearly saw by chance in Stratford once.

I've never felt like the  outgoing players were particularly Pulis' fault but the players that came in were either not good enough or just didn't work - Lavin getting sent off on his debut, for dissent, in the first game of the season really set the tone.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:27, wayne allisons tongues said:

Didn’t Pulis get a cut of the Akinbyi fee? Something to do with the contract he signed at Gillingham.

On 12/11/2020 at 13:49, solihull cider red said:

As ever, a good listen - always a strong line up on OSIB.

Credit where it's due, limiting the episodes to an hour was a good move and needed to be done (even though you're producing 2 in a week, which is more content) it's a lot easier to dip in and out of.

Pulis sold him from Gillingham too, there was something about legal action between GIlls owner and Pulis which didn't look pretty - not sure of the context. The writing was on the wall for Akinbiyi when we got relegated, as a 9 year old I was resigned to him leaving. We swapped Brennan in part for John Burns - who later went on to play in a band I nearly saw by chance in Stratford once.

I've never felt like the  outgoing players were particularly Pulis' fault but the players that came in were either not good enough or just didn't work - Lavin getting sent off on his debut, for dissent, in the first game of the season really set the tone.

You need to speak with the @Dickie Rooks avatar - a crazy, fascinating story.

Archived