IGNORED

Cancer fundraiser

Ska Junkie

Hi all,

My youngest daughter turns 18 later this week and wants to remember her nan, my mum, who we lost when my daughter was very young, by shaving her head for cancer research.

If anyone feels they would like to donate, please feel free and if anyone knows any other media outlets to she re this to, please do so with my blessing.

This is really big for her and something she's wanted to do for some time. I'm matching the total if and when it reaches £500 so please help me to donate my hard earned.

Thanks for reading.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/shaving-off-the-hair?utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1QuojZXnZG_b64fROvh-NnMMAH4RL0zmHjzo7nSPlVAV-xJllfI6ICseQ

Donated in memory of a dear friend Pam Edwards who passed very recently of Pancreatic Cancer aged 69. I wish your daughter well in this. A vile disease and have posted a link on my facebook page. Come on Fellow Reds, my friend did similar for Pam and raised over £2500.

48 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Me too Tommy, me too! 

When my Mum had her cancer & was going through her chemo & her hair started to fall out she was devastated so I mentioned shaving it all off & she was gutted at that prospect at 68 so I agreed that if she shaved her hair off, I’d take mine off too. We did it & when I look back, compared to what she went through before passing, shaving her hair off wasn’t a big thing but to a woman or in your daughters case, a young lady, it’s a massive thing for them. So well done to your daughter Ska.

Done. A day after spending what I now think was an obscene amount of money on England Scotland tickets for June I can’t not really.

And after all it’s only money. Sounds flippant but that’s all it is. As my old Grampy Weeks used to say you can’t take it with you as “there aren’t any pockets in shrouds”.

No pub spending tonight so why not donate instead?

6 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Done. A day after spending what I now think was an obscene amount of money on England Scotland tickets for June I can’t not really.

And after all it’s only money. Sounds flippant but that’s all it is. As my old Grampy Weeks used to say you can’t take it with you as “there aren’t any pockets in shrouds”.

No pub spending tonight so why not donate instead?

Thankyou Al, very generous. ?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thankyou Al, very generous. ?

Another good man who always seems to be helping - selling his unused ST seats at a cut price to help out fans who would struggle to see games otherwise , and then donating the proceeds to CHSW     IIRC

Theres some good people about , and on here ,

and Tommy you can get as drunk , post random music videos and rant as much as you like as far as I’m concerned - you are an extremely generous and thoughtful man

Hopefully hitting the target will give your daughter a boost Ska and reinforce what a great thing she is doing 

Archived