IGNORED

Gary Monk Sacked : Tony Pulis confirmed as replacement

Silvio Dante

43 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Sounds like Pulis for Hillsborough. Lj and JMc for Milfield but anyone on here who can still dislike Ljs 4yr record of top half finishes really better get real. 

You're the one who needs to get real .....LJ finished 18th, 17th, 11th, and 8th. !

Fake news is over now - don't you watch the news?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He didn’t have 4 years of top half finishes....but overall he did a decent job.  He went stale and imho didn’t replace the good players he lost as well as I might’ve expected him to with the money he did spend.

Is that an LJ fault or a MA fault tho ?

8 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

You won’t find many Swansea fans who have a good word to say about Monk. Allegedly stabbed Laudrup in the back whilst ‘getting into bed’ with the ex roofer chairman Jenkins. Monk was 100% to blame for the change in Swansea’s playing style and continued that style into several other jobs ( two banks of four make sure we don’t concede and try to nick a goal on the break).

Thanks.

That's what I was thinking then, it slid under Monk their long held philosphy and once he could put his stamp on it, things declined further- something like that?

Doubt all those leaving in summer 2014 was well received by Swansea fans- or was it seen as inevitable?

Interesting to know the thoughts of @BS4 on Tour... on the players he offloaded- lot of quality and experience there, all gone in one window.

He's experimented a bit lately, back 3 at Sheffield Wednesday, think he tried to go for it a bit with Middlesbrough- I note 4-3-3 was used at times but then they had an excellent squad for the level, how could he justify doing otherwise- especially Gibson's targeting of the title, winning big.

Randolph; Christie at Rightback, Ayala and Gibson at Centreback; Howson, Clayton in midfield; Wide forwards such as a rising Traore, plus Downing and Braithwaite; Through the middle such as Assombalonga and Bamford. I believe Assombolonga is capable of pulling wider at times as well?

That's just to name some- can't get away with the two banks of 4 and try to nick a goal on the break with that squad at this level tbh! Didn't get the best out of them though, feeling a more positive manager might have!

• The title was changed to Gary Monk Sacked : Tony Pulis confirmed as replacement

Halving their points deduction was obviously advance  compensation for Pulis’s appointment.

That, or there had to be a price to be paid for halving the points deduction.

Feel genuinely sorry for them. It still amazes me that Pulis still gets jobs in football to be honest, a dinosaur that gets his teams playing a brand of football that no paying fan should have to endure. The fact he is an arrogant welshman is just the icing on the cake for me ?

He'll keep them up, unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, bris red said:

Feel genuinely sorry for them. It still amazes me that Pulis still gets jobs in football to be honest, a dinosaur that gets his teams playing a brand of football that no paying fan should have to endure. The fact he is an arrogant welshman is just the icing on the cake for me ?

Why the sorrow? Club who tried to cheat most others with their Stadium sale, and put it in the wrong year- still Chansiri says they did little wrong when it was halved. I never get this- I mean I have less antipathy towards them than Derby and Aston Villa but my main hope is they go down!

This could be an Lj post but isn't. Pulis is orrible and imo up there with the worst mgrs we ever appointed. Since then he did very well at Stoke, better than Warnock did at any of his 19clubs but I'd rather have SC, LJ or DH than either. 

As for Sheff Wed, once a great club with fantastic fans up to turn of century but since they had foreign players, managers AND owners they are in the same doodoo as others who have gone that route. 

Warnock has a bit more variety to his play at times, or has in the past at some clubs- but regardless, two reactive sides facing each other happens more often than it used to- advantage can often go to the away side.

@Hampshire Red They've had their share of dicy UK owners and directors too tbh! Though none as blatant and idiotic as the Hillsborough sale and leaseback nonsense!

13 hours ago, bris red said:

And those baseball caps, shocking for a man his age 

22 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

This could be an Lj post but isn't. Pulis is orrible and imo up there with the worst mgrs we ever appointed. Since then he did very well at Stoke, better than Warnock did at any of his 19clubs but I'd rather have SC, LJ or DH than either. 

As for Sheff Wed, once a great club with fantastic fans up to turn of century but since they had foreign players, managers AND owners they are in the same doodoo as others who have gone that route. 

Foreign owners = "doodoo" or dodgy, or corrupt, and UK owners = honest and good intentions, you are saying?

Is it worth listing the examples that undermine your assertion, there? Is it doodoo. Cuckoo Cuckoo. ..l

On 13/11/2020 at 07:52, Bar BS3 said:

I. His time at Swansea, I'd have agreed fully. 

Since then he's not been retained for any significant period of time by any club he's been at and has done nothing to substantiate any claim that he's any better than LJ at all, imo. 

But you totally dismissed his achievements at Swansea and that was what I challenged?! You said his 8th place finish as manager in the premier league didn’t count because he didn’t promote Swansea into the premier league and you also wrongly said he inherited the squad that finished 8th under him. Now you agree he was successful at the Swans?! How confusing! I was only talking about his time at Swansea when I replied to you ... so your ‘since then...’ point is irrelevant ...

Can’t help but feel a bit sorry for the Wendy’s fans. Not happy with Monk but even in their worst nightmares they couldn’t have imagined Pulis instead. On the Guardian website, fans of pretty much every club Pulis has managed have lined up to commiserate with the blue side of Sheffield. At least Derby fans can rest somewhat easier. Maybe Mel Morris was waiting for Chansiri to blink first before sacking Cocu?!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But you totally dismissed his achievements at Swansea and that was what I challenged?! You said his 8th place finish as manager in the premier league didn’t count because he didn’t promote Swansea into the premier league and you also wrongly said he inherited the squad that finished 8th under him. Now you agree he was successful at the Swans?! How confusing! I was only talking about his time at Swansea when I replied to you ... so your ‘since then...’ point is irrelevant ...

Of course he did OK at Swansea. His record since might suggest than was the exception, rather than the rule, in his case. 

I'm not sure what you what you find so confusing. 

I wouldn't want him here. And if is was a Sheffield Wednesday fan, if it was between Monk and LJ, I'd probably be happy for it to be decided on the toss of a coin as much as anything. 

Archived