IGNORED

Leroy Lita Interview

Riaz

Doesn't matter how long goes by, or how many times I hear about it. Not playing Lita in the Playoff Final, or at least have him on the bench , makes no sense at all. You have no genuine strikers on the bench, and he was always someone who could get you a goal. I remember going to Cardiff and never once thinking we would win, just one of those days where it didn't feel right.

50 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Doesn't matter how long goes by, or how many times I hear about it. Not playing Lita in the Playoff Final, or at least have him on the bench , makes no sense at all. You have no genuine strikers on the bench, and he was always someone who could get you a goal. I remember going to Cardiff and never once thinking we would win, just one of those days where it didn't feel right.

Yep. All just utterly bizarre. Arguably, set the City back a decade.

Never been so deflated by a defeat to a Club who seemed far more interested in their ground situation than winning that match.

The Hull play-off final - with the much bigger prize - pales into insignificance against that one for me. 

5 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Yep. All just utterly bizarre. Arguably, set the City back a decade.

Never been so deflated by a defeat to a Club who seemed far more interested in their ground situation than winning that match.

The Hull play-off final - with the much bigger prize - pales into insignificance against that one for me. 

The one time I've walked out of a football ground genuinely angry with the club. I've been to places like Burnley on Boxing Day and seen us get tanked 4-0 etc. but that particular day I could have knocked it on the head. As has been said things were not right and games were being played out in the background that we'll never get to know about. I am sure that day was a case of Danny Wilson sticking his middle finger up to the owner. There just wasn't a genuine football reason to leave Lita at home.

You are also right in that it took years to get over that.

4 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Wouldn't it be great to have OSIB do a "cider with Danny Wilson" just so we could hear once and for all why he made that decision. 

Has he ever spoken about it? 

We actually met him in Sheffield last year at an away game in a bar. Asked him why he didn't play him and he told us that he was not up to it as he was too nervous. Had a good chat with him and his family, really nice chap. Even had a dance with his wife. Bet he wasn't happy the next day with us though :laugh:

I agree he should have been on the bench but I don't see it as a 'what if' moment because it's hardly as if he was banging in loads of goals that season.

People talk about it like when salah went off for liverpool in the champions league final!! Lita would only have come on for the last 20 mins...of course he 'could have scored '...but statistically more chance of knight missing his penalty yet no one says 'what if knight had missed the pen'.

Archived