IGNORED

Mariappa would be a good call

DWbristol

2 hours ago, westonred said:

A 2 or 3 year deal for a 34 year old,  Really ???

Most likely the player driving this, if true. We’re not exactly spoilt for options at this point either.

I can see a 1 year deal with a possible 1 year extension. 

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Supply and demand might be driving this, plus next summer both Mawson and Baker could be gone. 

Agree. Mawson isn’t our player, so he definitely will be.

This chap featured 20 times in The Prem last season (his final game was at Arsenal!), he isn’t some random trialist. 

If as has been reported in Jamaica, 3 clubs are interested, he won’t be after some short term, until January type arrangement.

I hear first hand that Bobby Reid from Easton, was telling Mariappa to come to Bristol City and what a great club and city it is while they were down in Jamaica. So I was kind of convinced that he was going to choose Bristol City. I'm surprised that he agreed to a deal only until January though ,with the option to stay for longer if he plays well and impresses. I remember what happened last year with Eddie Nketiah  going to Leeds instead of coming to Bristol City because Ian Wright told him to go with Leeds rather than Bristol City. Players often talk to other players when deciding which club to go to. That's why after that the manager started inviting Ian Right to come and watch Bristol City training. I'm glad this time we had someone close to  Mariappa that  was a Bristol City loyalist ? :laugh:

Archived