IGNORED

Best rows

Oh Louie louie

20 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

You’re right. David Woods’ book refers to City’s penalty equaliser after Cotterill was brought down “after weaving his way past 3 defenders”. 

My memory had him scoring after the run, not being brought down!

2 hours ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

I remember (70's??) Justin Fashanu dropping the nut on David Rogers.  It gets a bit hazy after that for me but I think DR then had a go at punching Fashanu's lights out.  Ref didn't see the headbutt but saw the response.  I'm pretty sure only Rogers got sent off and left the field sporting generous claret from the bonce.

I can remember that incident but my, hazy, recollections are slightly different. I think Dave Rogers had to go off due to the serious head wound.  I could be wrong as it’s a long time ago. I can remember him going off by the open end goal and complaining about Fashanu all the way to the tunnel in the Williams. 

2 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Yes, would agree with that especially in the early 60s.

Who was our centre half who got nutted in the tunnel going off at half time and a broadcast went out requesting any dentist in the crowd to get in contact. He didn't appear for the second half and who was the culprit.

Not sure if the same incident, but you could be referring to Keith Millen, when he got butted by Clive Platt. 
Think Millen broke his nose, and it may have even been referred to the old bill if I recall? 

9 hours ago, KernowRed said:

Peacock and Pitt in the local derbies, obviously 1950's

I was in the Boys Enclosure, Muller Road when they punched each other at the same time. As they came round, ref sent both off. They walked off with arms round each other shoulders.

Bob Bennet's Monday cartoon the the Post, showed them sat together in a cinema and a follow up about training together on The Downs. Sent off players then were not allowed to train at their club or even go to the stadium.

4 hours ago, bredwood said:

I have vague memories of Tom Richie squaring up to the giant Micky Droy sometime in the late 70s. It was quite comical. I think they both got sent off as well which seemed a bit unfair on Mickey Droy.

i think i was there too. it was chelsea and everytime droy got the ball,the eastend were giving him the big ape chant. ooh,ooh,ooh,ooh.nothing racist or anything like that,just telling him he was a bloody great ape

Archived