IGNORED

Best rows

Oh Louie louie

I remember being away at Chesterfield for a night game, hardly anyone there and Dave Waller got subbed for them and didn`t like it.

Their main stand used to be like the Dolman with a brick wall about twelve feet high at ground level and half way along was a door which Waller stormed through and slammed it behind him and the sound echoed round the sparsely populated stadium like a gunshot.

7 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Stockport away . We were in the stand on the side of the ground near the front. Aaron Brown didn’t jump for a header. My mate shouted ffs Aaron jump will you . AB looked, put his middle finger up and shouted **** off ???

I was at that game! City were absolutely awful that day. I remember leaving the ground feeling livid about the gutless performance.

On 10/11/2020 at 09:18, downendcity said:

Think Orr and Carey at Northampton in the promotion season must have been a good one, as it resulted in fists being thrown  and Orr being sent off.

What made it especially good was that it seemed to galvanise the players and not only turned the game around butnkickstarted the season.

Edit:

@Major Isewater @Dolman_Stand great minds ........

I thought so too- that and the backdrop with the 'minor' embarrassment of the court case for was it Brooker, Scott Brown and Partridge (but not in a Pear Tree).

That and the backdrop- as I recall Partridge got sent down for a bit, Brooker and Brown I don't remember- but that week, was terrible yet really galbanised us after multiple losses.

1. Orr-Carey. Turnaround win.
  2. Court Case.
  3. Game vs Brighton- first since playoff final though that not so significant at that time?
  4. We win- in the rain! 2 in a week, despite adversity.
  5. Siege Mentality- we kick on- fairly sure Scott Brown got the winner too!

It was tipping down, if it was that stockport game.

Parts of the ground, were shut that day, and the stand by the side of the pitch was mixed.

They had a player called barlow, and a bloke infront of me kept shouting your sisters a such and such.

Went on for ages, You were right by the side of the pitch there and after about a hour he snapped and said i aint got a fing sister, and everyone cheered!

Then the bloke asked him if he knew tracys having a affair and he laughed.

On 10/11/2020 at 09:22, fatchers said:

Gerry Gow smacking Bobby Gould.

A mate of mine spoke to Gerry about this in the pub a few years ago, apparently Gould accused him of being 'lazy'. In that team, Gould was forever getting caught offside as he was too lazy to run back so I think Gerry just saw red, and he was the most hardworking player I've ever seen in a City shirt. AD sold Gould to West Ham a few days later.

Archived