IGNORED

Covid outbreak at City

CyderInACan

• The title was changed to Covid outbreak at City
10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

To be honest I’m puzzled that fixtures are allowed to go ahead with a player testing positive . Numerous Cardiff players are surely at risk if any of the effected players played in that game ! 

I said the same thing the day we played them. Logic says all our lot should have been self isolating after Fam tested positive. Makes no difference if they all had a test on the day of the game with a negative result (assumes they have access to very quick turnaround tests - hour or two).

I hope no one is hurt by this.

I would really really like Dean Holden to come out and apologise for his reckless actions, and the club to be VERY VERY firm in their commitment to safety in the future.

(I know well, we guess Fam's positive has nothing to do with Dean)

A statement from the club on how seriously they take this would be good.

12 minutes ago, daored said:

Would we not have to forfeit the game?

Why? Game falls outside our isolation period, any players needing to self isolate will again do fitness work etc at home as best they can, presumably everyone sent home for a few days until a couple of rounds of tests are done and anyone with 2 negatives can come back and train? May just mean a bit of a rotated squad against Derby, perhaps a couple more u23's called into the squad.

47 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ruthless pandemic. Elite sportsman who are tested regularly aren’t safe. Nobody is safe . Let this be a reminder to people who take COVID  for a nothing disease. Stay safe people look after yourselves and families. 

Amazing really when you consider that, not only is the virus not real, it is all just an attempt to control the population.

We are locked in at the moment, the wife's waiting on an operation . Had a trip out Monday for her to have a COVID test, no news is good news so far.

9 minutes ago, daored said:

Would we not have to forfeit the game?

The women's team had 5 positive test and they had to isolate at short notice. Lost 8-0

FA Cup game was forfeited , but as it's a League game I would expect postponement .

12 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I hope no one is hurt by this.

I would really really like Dean Holden to come out and apologise for his reckless actions, and the club to be VERY VERY firm in their commitment to safety in the future.

(I know well, we guess Fam's positive has nothing to do with Dean)

A statement from the club on how seriously they take this would be good.

Have I missed something or being whooshed?

Andi Weimann tested positive just before the Blackburn game back in June?,  so I was surprised that no other squad players appeared to be affected and he was back in the squad within a couple of weeks.  I think the pub incident is a reference to DH's visit to the 3 lions, where it has been suggested that social distancing was not as good as it could have been.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

No, just Prinny being odd for a change.

No, I have a problem when the manager of the team, and face of the club, deliberately breaks Covid restrictions, placing himself, the entire team, and their families in danger.

I have a problem with the club not commenting on it, him not apologising for it, and there being no public consequences.

Never mind the sporting consequences.

And if you allow your leader to do that, it doesn't set a good example for the rest of the employees at the club. And maybe just maybe, that lack of discipline, that lack of taking this seriously, filters throughout the club and results in positive tests, maybe even people dying?

But it's odd to care about the lives of the people at the club, their families, and hey the clubs success to you, i get that.

Archived