IGNORED

Covid outbreak at City

CyderInACan

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

No, you need to be specific . The club follow covid protocol to the letter. This could well of come from one of the players kids and spread. What exact rules do you claim to being broken 

Well, I don’t actually. I’ve already given a few example of rules, either general guidance or the elite sports guidance, which have not been followed. 

I’m not suggesting that City players are the only players to have done it. I’m not even actually that bothered, I’ve got far bigger covid concerns to worry about. I’m just saying I’m not surprised there’s an outbreak.

55 minutes ago, daored said:

Would we not have to forfeit the game?

No. As long as there are enough players at the club to fill a team and a decent amount of the bench, games go ahead. It’s happened to numerous teams across Europe this season.

Slavia Prague, for instance, were missing like 5 players for the Europa League last week and had to start some kid from the reserves. He scored. Every cloud and that. 

38 minutes ago, swanker said:

Been out and about working in Hanham-St George today and It seems to be doing  the rounds big time according to people I’ve spoken with. 

As someone who lives in that area I don’t know of anyone who has tested positive during this entire episode, not that I get out much at the moment  

I take all the precautions advised and will continue to do so to help myself and others. 

34 minutes ago, Henry said:

Masks around chins/below noses, close personal contact, lack of social distancing, sharing water bottles, shaking hands etc etc

Out of interest have you read the COVID return to football protocols issued by the EFL.  What elite level footballers are allowed to do and not to do is very different to us “normal folk”.

I’ll admit I haven’t read the current ones, but I did read them all when it first kicked off again in July....so I suspect many rules have been changed from then too....plus there are new tiers of documents.

https://www.efl.com/covid-19/

Look. 

Despite whatever precautions people take, then there is a risk (unless shielding) they are exposed. John Penrose, spouse of Dido Harding, is currently self isolating and you’d hope he sticks to the rules...

In respect of general spread, I live in Yate. My mums builder tested positive last week. There have been cases at schools. The local football team had to forfeit an FA trophy game due to two positive tests. This thing is rife - but it’s also mainly asymptomatic. This goes back to my first point - I have no doubt Fam could have kept distance at the Broadwalk and everywhere else, and believe he did, but no matter what precautions - he can pick it up from surfaces etc. And when one has it in a team like football with close contact, it spreads quickly.

This isn’t City being wilfully negligent. It’s life at the moment.

• Admin
1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If players have to isolate for 10 days, means they can train next Thursday will that mean Derby fixture is in danger for only 2 days training.

It's 10 days from contact with source, so possibly already a few days in

1 hour ago, daored said:

Would we not have to forfeit the game?

Why?

Have you missed numerous games already being called off around the leagues?

50 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Nope, talking about the pub incident. 

Give it a rest,you are pathetically obsessed 

35 minutes ago, Henry said:

sharing water bottles

They're 100% not sharing bottles as they have names on each bottle. 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest have you read the COVID return to football protocols issued by the EFL.  What elite level footballers are allowed to do and not to do is very different to us “normal folk”.

I’ll admit I haven’t read the current ones, but I did read them all when it first kicked off again in July....so I suspect many rules have been changed from then too.

Not recently. However the basics remain the same, if they are required to wear a mask, they wear it and not have it hanging below their nose.

I think my personal favourite is two managers fist bumping after a game before launching into a hug ?‍♂️ 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ll admit I haven’t read the current ones, but I did read them all when it first kicked off again in July....so I suspect many rules have been changed from then too....plus there are new tiers of documents.

https://www.efl.com/covid-19/

Don't let facts ruin people sadly always trying to point a finger of blame 

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

Not recently. However the basics remain the same, if they are required to wear a mask, they wear it and not have it hanging below their nose.

I think my personal favourite is two managers fist bumping after a game before launching into a hug ?‍♂️ 

I suggest you read the rules, because believe it or not that is allowed in the return to training protocols.

Its a very different set of rules to what you and I have to observe.

I can’t say I’ve picked up people sharing water bottles from the clips....they usually have individually named / initialled bottles 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Give it a rest,you are pathetically obsessed 

And you're defending someone endangering people and the clubs sporting success.

I will never think that's an ok thing to do.

So you give defending someone's terrible actions a rest because of your biases towards them.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I suggest you read the rules, because believe it or not that is allowed in the return to training protocols.

Its a very different set of rules to what you and I have to observe.

I can’t say I’ve picked up people sharing water bottles from the clips....they usually have individually named / initialled bottles 

I don’t believe it will say anywhere ‘wear a mask, but feel free to leave your nose and/or mouth exposed’

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't let facts ruin people sadly always trying to point a finger of blame 

Where have I blamed anyone? Just said I’m not surprised. 

You’re just keen not to have any criticism thrown against your mates down the 3 Lions. I haven’t even factored that in!

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's 10 days from contact with source, so possibly already a few days in.

Unless football protocols are different, it’s actually 14 days for people who’ve been in contact with someone who’s tested positive.

If you test positive yourself you have to isolate for 10 days from the day of the test/the day symptoms begin if that’s after the positive result.

I’m particularly familiar with these rules because my wife, already off work with second fatigue syndrome and anxiety, has managed to pick it up. We’re only in our 30s but even for us this is far from fun.

1 minute ago, Henry said:

I don’t believe it will say anywhere ‘wear a mask, but feel free to leave your nose and/or mouth exposed’

Where have I blamed anyone? Just said I’m not surprised. 

You’re just keen not to have any criticism thrown against your mates down the 3 Lions. I haven’t even factored that in!

I’ll leave it there. I feel they are following the guidelines pretty well from the evidence of the videos, but I accept there will be the odd thing they don’t do properly.  I suggest that if you feel strongly enough about it, you contact the club and let them know where they can improve their compliance levels.

2 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Unless football protocols are different, it’s actually 14 days for people who’ve been in contact with someone who’s tested positive.

If you test positive yourself you have to isolate for 10 days from the day of the test/the day symptoms begin if that’s after the positive result.

I’m particularly familiar with these rules because my wife, already off work with second fatigue syndrome and anxiety, has managed to pick it up. We’re only in our 30s but even for us this is far from fun.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54602779

It appears to be different.

9 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

They are.

I think some ambiguity lies in that you could come into contact with someone outside of Elite sport, but testing protocols for Elite Sport allow different actions.

97DF6CCE-B45A-4481-85E1-46EE06B61BB6.thumb.jpeg.0b56783b221fa7be9ebe5ec7ee539862.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ll leave it there. I feel they are following the guidelines pretty well from the evidence of the videos, but I accept there will be the odd thing they don’t do properly.  I suggest that if you feel strongly enough about it, you contact the club and let them know where they can improve their compliance levels.

I don’t feel that strongly. My job is enforcing covid regulations so have been concerns. Just pointing out a few facts.

So, and by way of a re-cap, Mark Ashton runs the club in a form of dictatorship, Dean Holden is a LJ clone and the cheap choice , SL needs to sell to someone who is more ambitious, COD is not good enough and, meanwhile, the entire club is flouting FA Covid rules and are clearly super spreaders.

Where the hell is Lee Johnson when you need to blame him?

Didn’t Fam test positive earlier on this season as well? 
Wasn’t it during pre-season? I swear I remember something saying he was absent from training for a few days due to covid. 
Does this mean Fam is the first person in the world to test post over twice???? 

Just now, Harry said:

Wasn’t it during pre-season? I swear I remember something saying he was absent from training for a few days due to covid. 

Think he was quarantining due to a holiday back in Senegal.  As it wasn’t international duty he had to follow normal travel guidance.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think he was quarantining due to a holiday back in Senegal.  As it wasn’t international duty he had to follow normal travel guidance.

Ah right, that was it. 
Blimey - I thought we’d have Pfizer round to analyse his immune system!! 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

You heard that from a bloke down the pub i reckon.... 

Archived