IGNORED

Covid outbreak at City

CyderInACan

5 minutes ago, zombie said:

Derby Telegraph/DerbyshireLive reporting more than 5 players testing positive.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-covid-19-derby-4688401

It doesn’t say that at all. It says staff & players, which suggests it is a combination of the two, or they wouldn’t mention staff at all.

We all know Famara has done so & it seems highly likely Tyreeq has, as well.

Hopefully there is sufficient time during the international break for all concerned to recover.

All been forgotten now but Andi Weimann tested positive before the first game before the restart (Blackburn away) but was back & fine by the next game.

40 minutes ago, Harry said:

Didn’t Fam test positive earlier on this season as well? 
Wasn’t it during pre-season? I swear I remember something saying he was absent from training for a few days due to covid. 
Does this mean Fam is the first person in the world to test post over twice???? 

At least one person in US has twice been hospitalised with CoVid

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I think my personal favourite is two managers fist bumping after a game before launching into a hug ?‍♂️ 

Now there's a thing that's confusing me recently, why the hell does the football world apparently imagine that for some reason fist bumping is somehow safe?

When in truth, fist bumping is just as likely to spread viruses as shaking hands or hugging :doh:

• Admin
1 hour ago, Prinny said:

And you're defending someone endangering people and the clubs sporting success.

I will never think that's an ok thing to do.

So you give defending someone's terrible actions a rest because of your biases towards them.

Nobody was endangered  you are being so over dramatic.

Do you understand that if someone tests negative they don't have the virus? 

Do you understand how close and how long you have to be with someone that is positive before there's even a possibility of passing on the virus? 

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It doesn’t say that at all. It says staff & players, which suggests it is a combination of the two, or they wouldn’t mention staff at all.

We all know Famara has done so & it seems highly likely Tyreeq has, as well.

Hopefully there is sufficient time during the international break for all concerned to recover.

All been forgotten now but Andi Weimann tested positive before the first game before the restart (Blackburn away) but was back & fine by the next game.

My bad, only skimmed the article, just sharing in case others missed this particular report.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Henry said:

You’re just keen not to have any criticism thrown against your mates down the 3 Lions.

I've no idea of anyone that was photographed with Dean Holden, so a very wild accusation about "criticism of my mates".

I just find it very damaging that people are even using the name of the pub as if to imply the pub can be blamed for customers posing for photos. 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I've no idea of anyone that was photographed with Dean Holden, so a very wild accusation about "criticism of my mates".

I just find it very damaging that people are even using the name of the pub as if to imply the pub can be blamed for customers posing for photos. 

Well, it can.

16 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Now there's a thing that's confusing me recently, why the hell does the football world apparently imagine that for some reason fist bumping is somehow safe?

When in truth, fist bumping is just as likely to spread viruses as shaking hands or hugging :doh:

There was something just before lockdown actually, how many times likely a virus was to transmit from an elbow bump, fist bump, high five and handshake etc, each is more likely along that scale, fist bump to handshake for example think it was surface area, length of time in contact etc which made it less likely.

25 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

At the start we were only allowed "elbows", Moore probably thought he was safe using them on Friday!

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nobody was endangered  you are being so over dramatic.

Everyone at the club was endangered when Dean Holden broke regulations. It's not overly dramatic to say that.

Do you understand that if someone tests negative they don't have the virus?

Who said anything otherwise? You're rambling. You can't make stuff I said up to then disagree with me.

Do you understand how close and how long you have to be with someone that is positive before there's even a possibility of passing on the virus? 

Please tell me EXACTLY how long and how far apart that is?

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

20201110_222852.jpg

I've been part of one of the covid testing surveys, I get asked if I've been less than 2 metres away from someone for more than 15 minutes, any less then that they're not overly fussed about unless its very close physical contact.

Saw some report in the USA over the last day or so saying that there had been no confirmed case of “on-field” transmission since pro sports had returned.

By that, I assume they mean that no player from the opposing side has contracted it after playing against a team where someone then tests positive.

Example being Bristol v Wasps in rugby -  think 18 Wasps staff and players had it, but none of the Bristol team picked it up following the playoff semis, presumably because Bristol didn’t get anywhere near them for most of the night.

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

Q: How does COVID-19 spread?

A: The main mode of transmission of virus is by droplets created by coughing or sneezing, the same way the flu is spread. Someone can inhale the droplets and be infected, or touch their eyes, nose or mouth with contaminated fingers that have been exposed to droplets. 

Spread can also occur from touching a contaminated surface and introducing the virus to your nose or mouth. And, someone who is infected but not yet experiencing symptoms can spread the virus unwittingly.

So he's endangering himself and others, as I said.

It's from your source. You know that his actions increased the likely hood of him getting infected.

Listen if you want to prove he DIDN'T increase the risk for everyone involved you need to not quote sources that explain how you catch the virus from doing what he did.

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

It’s to do with touching your face, you’re obviously much less likely to touch your face/eyes/mouth with your fist. 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Q: How does COVID-19 spread?

A: The main mode of transmission of virus is by droplets created by coughing or sneezing, the same way the flu is spread. Someone can inhale the droplets and be infected, or touch their eyes, nose or mouth with contaminated fingers that have been exposed to droplets. 

Spread can also occur from touching a contaminated surface and introducing the virus to your nose or mouth. And, someone who is infected but not yet experiencing symptoms can spread the virus unwittingly.

So he's endangering himself and others, as I said.

It's from your source. You know that his actions increased the likely hood of him getting infected.

Listen if you want to prove he DIDN'T increase the risk for everyone involved you need to not quote sources that explain how you catch the virus from doing what he did.

Are you misreading it?

You have to be in contact with someone for at least FIFTEEN MINUTES, this didn't happen 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are you misreading it?

You have to be in contact with someone for at least FIFTEEN MINUTES, this didn't happen 

I think he’s saying if someone coughed and spread there droplets on a surface and you touched that surface with your hand and touched food or your face you will run the risk of catching Covid. That’s why you have to clean tables/surfaces when people have touched them.  Otherwise you run the risk of transmission. It isn’t just about being in contact with people for a certain time.

One person can sneeze cough and those droplets can infect quite a few people if you touch them. That’s why you should clean your shopping as an example when you get it home. You don’t know who’s touched it before yourself.?

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are you misreading it?

2 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I think he’s saying if someone coughed and spread there droplets on a surface and you touched that surface with your hand and touched food or your face you will run the risk of catching Covid. That’s why you have to clean tables/surfaces when people have touched them.  Otherwise you run the risk of transmission. It isn’t just about being in contact with people for a certain time.

One person can sneeze cough and those droplets can infect quite a few people if you touch them. That’s why you should clean your shopping as an example when you get it home. You don’t know who’s touched it before yourself.?

Exactly, @phantom seems to think the only way you get it is by spending 15 minutes within 2 meters of someone who has it.

The point is here, is that he does not know who has it and who does not. By putting himself into an environment where he does not know what is happening he IS endangering himself and therefore everyone around him.

It's not hard to understand.

Him going out to a pub with people who have not been tested, is not DECREASING the likelyhood of him being infected is it?

It's not a neutral effect as he's exposing himself to NEW risks and dangers.

Therefore he's INCREASING the DANGER.

Unless someone is being deliberately stupid, there's no arguing that. Now if you want to argue how much it is, fine, but to argue that it's not at all, defies all scientific knowledge on the matter,

5 hours ago, Red DNA said:

As someone who lives in that area I don’t know of anyone who has tested positive during this entire episode, not that I get out much at the moment  

I take all the precautions advised and will continue to do so to help myself and others. 

I know quite a few, including 2 in their 30s who both spent time in hospital

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It's far more infectious than that @phantom. This is why there is so much cleaning and mask wearing, so Deano having his arms round people in the pub wasnt a great move. 

But equally this was months ago now, @Prinny I was annoyed at the time too but we need to move on. 

Archived