IGNORED

Covid outbreak at City

CyderInACan

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

The point being...'my list' as you put it...is divisive. All those things have created division amongst people. Your reply proved my point.

My list...are all things thrust into the public domain by the media. Of course it's been spoken about before...but not in such a manner in such a short space of time.

It's creating division. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong...but division has been created.

On top of Covid...my point being...people are sick to death of it all.

What nonsense.

You really think things like racism and pedophilia have never been the subject of intense discussion before? Can you not think of any situations where perhaps racism has had a much bigger impact on lives or the world in the last hundred years?? One very very obvious one?

Even if that were true though are you saying it's wrong? Perhaps the very fact they are divisive means they deserve discussion, rather than continued willful ignorance. That's how you get awful cover ups such as the one in this last week by the Catholic church.

Maybe you just find it awkward people are getting called out these days. I think it's great.

34 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

What nonsense.

You really think things like racism and pedophilia have never been the subject of intense discussion before? Can you not think of any situations where perhaps racism has had a much bigger impact on lives or the world in the last hundred years?? One very very obvious one?

Even if that were true though are you saying it's wrong? Perhaps the very fact they are divisive means they deserve discussion, rather than continued willful ignorance. That's how you get awful cover ups such as the one in this last week by the Catholic church.

Maybe you just find it awkward people are getting called out these days. I think it's great.

Perhaps you should read my post properly before jumping down my throat 'of course it's been spoken about before'...quote

I get the impression you're the type of person who in O levels, never read the question properly, and answered to what you think you read. Almost prejudice and judgemental.

You've completely misunderstood my posts and the meaning and context of them.

Almost twisting them into something you want them to say.

You should take up politics mate...they are good at answering questions with pre meditated thoughts, even if it has no reflection to the question asked.

Think I'll step back...can't compete with idiots.

Carry on with your mud pies ???

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

That’s the criteria that track and trace use to determine contact requiring isolation and soon. It’s not a medical opinion on what will or won’t cause the transmission of covid. 

There are no absolutes, no certainty about when and where and how it gets transmitted. 

I’ve no particular view on DHs visit, but the fact is that his visit, and posing for pictures, could have resulted in him getting infected. In any number of ways. Probably not the sexual contact though... 

Depends if we win promotion... hope Covid's gone by then

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I get the impression you're the type of person who in O levels, never read the question properly, and answered to what you think you read.

can't compete with idiots

Almost prejudice and judgemental.

What's that about irony again? And mud pies?

I think when it comes to these kind of topics you proved stepping back is a good decision a few weeks ago so I agree with that much at least.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

I tend to agree with you that it ‘could’ have been a risky move, but I also think that it wasn’t ‘because’ of his Lions visit that this has occurred. 

If Holden was exposed to the virus on his visit to the Lions on 26th September, then he ‘could’ have been positive anytime from 30th Sept to 10th Oct (4-14 days, that’s what they reckon don’t they?). 
He would’ve been tested twice in that period and obviously didn’t test positive. 
If he had been positive, he’d have passed it onto his players anytime between the dates of 30th Sept to 10th Oct, and they in turn would have contracted it anytime between 4th Oct to 18th October. They’d have been tested twice in this period and none were positive. 
The first positive confirmed was Fam, who presented symptoms on 4th November. Therefore he could have caught it anytime between 21st October to 4th Nov. 

I don’t think there is any way that Holden’s visit to the Lions can be linked to this club breakout. The timeline just doesn’t fit. It was 39 days since his visit that our first player showed symptoms, having been tested 5 times in that period.  

There's presymptomatic and asymptomatic spread and all that though so we cannot be certain- but the timelines make it a stretch, agreed.

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's presymptomatic and asymptomatic spread and all that though so we cannot be certain- but the timelines make it a stretch, agreed.

Pre-symp, A-symp, whatev-symp. 
If someone can pass this twatty virus to someone after 39 days and 5 negative tests, we might as well all give up now. 

22 hours ago, Harry said:

Pre-symp, A-symp, whatev-symp. 
If someone can pass this twatty virus to someone after 39 days and 5 negative tests, we might as well all give up now. 

True, I'm probably overreacting a bit- seen aboard though some players have seemingly tested positive multiple times- Dybala in the first wave springs to mind, and Immobile had inconclusive tests recently I read, though could be faulty tests. Presymptomatic and asympomatic, plus this maybe being more infectious seems worrying from this angle of course.

I do think though Holden going to 3 Lions in the way it panned out was a bit chancy and I even had reservations about Kalas playing v Coventry given the outbreak in the Czech squad within the previous week or so. It is a stretch though to say that Holden's trip caused this I do concede.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

How the hell was he allowed to play then?

Was negative Wednesday, but positive test this morning.  Apparently the measures taken mean that no Ireland players have had to withdraw from the squad for the next match....And England's players will be fine as no Irishman got anywhere near of of our boys last night it seems!  ?

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Was negative Wednesday, but positive test this morning.  Apparently the measures taken mean that no Ireland players have had to withdraw from the squad for the next match....And England's players will be fine as no Irishman got anywhere near of of our boys last night it seems!  ?

Why are they testing players on a match day if he got his results today. 

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

How the hell was he allowed to play then?

Semi's with Fiji isn't he?

Are they using the rapid result tests? If not then he must have been tested before the game and not had his results? 
im not sure why, if 2 people tested positive before the game, the whole squad weren’t retested before playing? Wouldn’t they have all had contact by that point?

Not actually sure what the testing protocol is, maybe they don’t all meet up until after they’ve had their first test results?

20 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Results were reported about 10.30 this morning in the news.

Tests get sent away so wouldn’t of been tested this morning. Tested Wednesday or match day. 

I got my dates mixed up. I thought the RoI game against Wales was Sunday, not tomorrow.  They get tested 72 hours before an away game.  That would have been yesterday, having already been tested earlier in the week ahead of the England match.

Interestingly, and somewhat surprisingly, Gregor just confirmed on Twitter that testing no longer happens weekly. 

I thought that the reason ‘elite’ sport could continue was due to the testing regime they had in place. 
Apparently, this was changed at the start of the season and players are now only tested if they have symptoms. 

Maybe that blows my earlier theory away then, I was thinking the players will have all been tested at least 5 times since the infamous Lions visit. 
Seems that’s not the case and they’d have only got tested if they had a temperature or a cough. 

I’m somewhat astounded. I thought they were testing weekly?? Mmmmm.....not sure I’m happy with that. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Interestingly, and somewhat surprisingly, Gregor just confirmed on Twitter that testing no longer happens weekly. 

I thought that the reason ‘elite’ sport could continue was due to the testing regime they had in place. 
Apparently, this was changed at the start of the season and players are now only tested if they have symptoms. 

Maybe that blows my earlier theory away then, I was thinking the players will have all been tested at least 5 times since the infamous Lions visit. 
Seems that’s not the case and they’d have only got tested if they had a temperature or a cough. 

I’m somewhat astounded. I thought they were testing weekly?? Mmmmm.....not sure I’m happy with that. 

It wasn’t that many weeks ago Holden said they were testing weekly.  Following the last international break I’m sure he said all the returning players were tested....and that Kalas had been through several (Czech and City).

I’m a bit bemused by this, unless it has changed recently.

Was stopped due to costs and 99% of tests were coming out negative so league thought it was a waste of time.  Was left to each club to decide if they want to do weekly tests.

Personally I think it is madness they don’t test the players especially if PL do testing. Supposed to be in lockdown etc. to stop the spread of the virus and players are able to play with no testing. End of the day it all comes down to money and football thinking it is more important than other things in society. If lower league football has to stop due to lockdown then EFL and below should also stop for its no safer than playing football at a park.

I would not like to go to a match when allowed to if the players aren’t being tested, for safety would be compromised by them.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I read that thread too mate and I’m equally flabbergasted. That news certainly went under my radar. 

35 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Was stopped due to costs and 99% of tests were coming out negative so league thought it was a waste of time.  Was left to each club to decide if they want to do weekly tests.

Personally I think it is madness they don’t test the players especially if PL do testing. Supposed to be in lockdown etc. to stop the spread of the virus and players are able to play with no testing. End of the day it all comes down to money and football thinking it is more important than other things in society. If lower league football has to stop due to lockdown then EFL and below should also stop for its no safer than playing football at a park.

I would not like to go to a match when allowed to if the players aren’t being tested, for safety would be compromised by them.

Exactly. What’s the difference in me playing football and City playing? 
My team aren’t being tested, but if any of us show symptoms then we isolate and get a test. 
Seems that’s exactly the same as what EFL clubs are doing. 
I thought they were allowed to play because they were undergoing regular testing. What bollox. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Exactly. What’s the difference in me playing football and City playing? 
My team aren’t being tested, but if any of us show symptoms then we isolate and get a test. 
Seems that’s exactly the same as what EFL clubs are doing. 
I thought they were allowed to play because they were undergoing regular testing. What bollox. 

Guess they are still getting temperature checks and filling in forms each time they report for training / matches?

On 11/11/2020 at 12:59, phantom said:

Not at all, you've have chosen to quote only part of a conversation - perhaps best to start from the beginning?

The point was that people had implied that Dean posing for pictures in the Three Lions could have resulted him in being infected.

Just to clarify for you, this is from the Government...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person

image.png

You, err, seem to be contradicting yourself there. :blink:

As a, presumably, responsible adult you really ought to know better. Infection spreads quickly, hence 50 million people having caught it. There’s no minimum time criteria, and there’s no loophole that will stop it getting you. Don’t make shit up because it suits you. 

Archived