IGNORED

Covid outbreak at City

CyderInACan

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I hear what you're saying and yes if there was a postponement idea that would doubtless be fought tooth and nail...

...However if there is a way in which we could postpone without detriment to ourselves, it'd be great for us in terms of available players- and one in the eye for that club!!

Fair or foul, I don't really care- Derby and Sheffield Wednesday in this League, any setbacks a good thing.

It would be helpful for us but I don’t think that’s very fair. I’d rather we play the games with kids if needs be. We have a massive squad with an underbelly of youngsters. It’s about time clubs stop moaning about fixture pile ups and use the players they have.

The article is a little misleading and ambiguous re which weekend.  The positive tests were the weekend of the Cardiff game, not the one just gone.  I don’t believe the Thursday (this week) is any real different to what was reported last week.

Obviously all subject to testing on Thursday, but the article reads like there’s been more positive tests over this weekend at that’s prompted the closure of Failand..

Not saying there’s no concern, but it seems a bit more sensational than it perhaps is.  Let’s hope so anyway.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Are you saying the club deserved a Covid outbreak?

Not at all. I wouldn’t wish it it on anyone, especially my club. Something has gone wrong here and I’d imagine the club, EFL and Public Health are looking at what improvements the club can make.

12 minutes ago, Henry said:

Not at all. I wouldn’t wish it it on anyone, especially my club. Something has gone wrong here and I’d imagine the club, EFL and Public Health are looking at what improvements the club can make.

Fammy’s wife tested positive asymptotically, as did Fammy.  He may, or have may not, introduced it to the dressing room. The point is, unless you’re going to completely isolate all the players and staff at Failand,  including from partners, there’s always a possibility of an outbreak.

10 minutes ago, Malago said:

Fammy’s wife tested positive asymptotically, as did Fammy.  He may, or have may not, introduced it to the dressing room. The point is, unless you’re going to completely isolate all the players and staff at Failand,  including from partners, there’s always a possibility of an outbreak.

For me, the twice weekly testing might’ve seemed like excessive cost for a 99% negative / 1% positive result, but what are the costs a player contracting it asymptomatically and passing it on to several players and staff, both tangibly and intangibly?  A 10 day isolation period is 4 games!

5 hours ago, Henry said:

It would be helpful for us but I don’t think that’s very fair. I’d rather we play the games with kids if needs be. We have a massive squad with an underbelly of youngsters. It’s about time clubs stop moaning about fixture pile ups and use the players they have.

Objectively, that seems to be correct- the protocol seem random though so I guess we'll see what the Football League advise/instruct...?

To any Derby fans reading- an actual constructive post by me this- and moreover ? hi.

I have a feeling that unless the outbreak really bad, the game won't be called off. Being objective for once, I'm not sure it should be either.

If there have been any positive tests more recently, surely we could lose a number of players for Derby. If the PM is being forced to isolate then our players can't be exempt. 

BCFC are operating in a covid safe way I'm sure, but if you get an outbreak there is a chance that a number of players may have a 14 day isolation. It would seem odd if they can be tested and exempt from isolation while BoJo can't, even though he's very probably immune now. 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

If there have been any positive tests more recently, surely we could lose a number of players for Derby. If the PM is being forced to isolate then our players can't be exempt. 

BCFC are operating in a covid safe way I'm sure, but if you get an outbreak there is a chance that a number of players may have a 14 day isolation. It would seem odd if they can be tested and exempt from isolation while BoJo can't, even though he's very probably immune now. 

Even this is hotly debated - the rate at which the antibodies naturally subside or become of less use has been reported as quite rapid compared to immunity from other causes. But then again Boris is superhuman so I'm sure he's fine . . . 

38 minutes ago, The Major said:

Anybody got a reasonably accurate list of players that may have to miss this weekend's match?  Who are we talking about?

I imagine it will be kept under wraps as much as possible so not give away any snippets of information as to what sort of team we can field against Derby

Would guess the only known fit players at the moment are those away on international duty (assuming they come back without catching it!) so Kalas Nagy and COD? They all played some part this week so assume they at least left the club with a clean bill of health

14 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Would guess the only known fit players at the moment are those away on international duty (assuming they come back without catching it!) so Kalas Nagy and COD? They all played some part this week so assume they at least left the club with a clean bill of health

And the only players to have trained properly for two weeks......

53 minutes ago, Dredd said:

COD played against Wales on Saturday - 2 of his team mates tested positive after that game

COD played against England last Thursday - another of his team mates tested positive after that game

I'd say COD should be self isolating      

Archived