IGNORED

Covid outbreak at City

CyderInACan

16 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

COD played against Wales on Saturday - 2 of his team mates tested positive after that game

COD played against England last Thursday - another of his team mates tested positive after that game

I'd say COD should be self isolating      

Not sure that’s the way it’s been working, otherwise whole teams will have been having to isolate. If he gets a negative test result on his return then I guess he’s available. 
Whether that’s right or not is a different discussion 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

And the only players to have trained properly for two weeks......

They will all have training equipment and personal routines to keep peak fitness

I would imagine that there would have been a lot of rest time in this period with the current number of games played

We wouldn't be working with a full side until those international duty were back anyway

19 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

COD played against Wales on Saturday - 2 of his team mates tested positive after that game

COD played against England last Thursday - another of his team mates tested positive after that game

I'd say COD should be self isolating      

Am sure it is different with "Elite sportsmen", otherwise sides would all be isolating

2 hours ago, Scare_Man said:

I imagine it will be kept under wraps as much as possible so not give away any snippets of information as to what sort of team we can field against Derby

I can't see any having any problems by kick off

On 14/11/2020 at 18:52, Davefevs said:

Guess they are still getting temperature checks and filling in forms each time they report for training / matches?

I know a workplace where staff have to take their temperature and fill in a form every time they enter the building, ie every work day. There was a Covid outbreak where one person brought the virus in and spread it around to colleagues over a couple of days. They all had mild symptoms and one or two passed it off as a slight cold/winter sniffles. The first person had a slight cough and went for a test, he was staggered to get a positive result. Following this the rest of the office went for a test, independently not ordered through work, and a further five people were positive, two were negative and one of these went on to show symptoms and had a further test which was positive.

My point is, despite temperature taking and recording every day, not one of the people had a change in normal temperature and no alerts were therefore raised.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I know a workplace where staff have to take their temperature and fill in a form every time they enter the building, ie every work day. There was a Covid outbreak where one person brought the virus in and spread it around to colleagues over a couple of days. They all had mild symptoms and one or two passed it off as a slight cold/winter sniffles. The first person had a slight cough and went for a test, he was staggered to get a positive result. Following this the rest of the office went for a test, independently not ordered through work, and a further five people were positive, two were negative and one of these went on to show symptoms and had a further test which was positive.

My point is, despite temperature taking and recording every day, not one of the people had a change in normal temperature and no alerts were therefore raised.

I wasn’t suggesting it was adequate, just a tad more than a lot of people do.  Personally ignoring the cost of testing, I’m amazed it’s been relaxed.

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Even this is hotly debated - the rate at which the antibodies naturally subside or become of less use has been reported as quite rapid compared to immunity from other causes. But then again Boris is superhuman so I'm sure he's fine . . . 

It's also not really known if he can still carry the virus and pass it on whilst being immune to the symptoms.

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It's also not really known if he can still carry the virus and pass it on whilst being immune to the symptoms.

It makes the decision to allow the England game to go ahead this week ridiculous. Appreciate it’s not city related but our case and the Irish shows how quickly this virus spreads through squads 

59 minutes ago, markcarter said:

It is certainly known and has been for many months.  Anyone can be asymptomatic and a carrier of infection.

There's been a handful of reports worldwide of people catching it a second time, I think at this point it's safe to say it's unknown how common it is to catch it a second time as I guess only people getting regularly tested or in a key position like PM would get a test after already having it once and being asymptomatic

By the governments own guidance he shouldn#t have been tested this time

2 hours ago, markcarter said:

It is certainly known and has been for many months.  Anyone can be asymptomatic and a carrier of infection.

There's presymptomatic spread too, as another factor to consider...

Quick definition pulled off Google.

WHO defines asymptomatic spread as when transmission occurs by people who do not have symptoms and will never get them. But these infected carriers could still get others sick. Conversely, presymptomatic spread is transmission by people who don't look or feel sick but will eventually get symptoms later

Back on topic, let's hope everyone is fine and the outbreak is contained/limited with no need for postponement Saturday.

5 hours ago, Dredd said:

Not sure that’s the way it’s been working, otherwise whole teams will have been having to isolate. If he gets a negative test result on his return then I guess he’s available. 
Whether that’s right or not is a different discussion 

You're probably right - which is fine if there's regular testing. Trouble is, elsewhere on this thread it says that regular testing has been abandoned by the EFL!!!  Genius.

But good news for us - COD's available! ?

21 hours ago, Henry said:

How so? You don’t get an outbreak of the size of City’s, especially when you include the women’s, if you have good covid measures.

Unfortunately this is proving to be correct. Lightening doesn’t strike twice. Bristol sport would appear to have been very lax and now we could have several players out for a minimum of derby and Watford, potentially much longer than that. They must have a fiscal worth per point won, I wonder how much penny scraping will cost us in these upcoming games. 

22 hours ago, Henry said:

How so? You don’t get an outbreak of the size of City’s, especially when you include the women’s, if you have good covid measures.

Not entirely sure how the women's team are relevant here - I can't see anything to suggest they've had an "outbreak".

They've had the manager Tanya Oxtoby test positive. They had one player miss the Manchester City game due to symptoms. Four others were unavailable as they were isolating because they lived in a shared house. Those players all tested negative and resumed training in line with the relevant protocols in place in the WSL.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-bristol-city-women/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-bristol-city-women-1/

24 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not entirely sure how the women's team are relevant here - I can't see anything to suggest they've had an "outbreak".

They've had the manager Tanya Oxtoby test positive. They had one player miss the Manchester City game due to symptoms. Four others were unavailable as they were isolating because they lived in a shared house. Those players all tested negative and resumed training in line with the relevant protocols in place in the WSL.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-bristol-city-women/

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-bristol-city-women-1/

Two positive cases and you have to inform PHE.

Until the club make a statement (doubtful) the reported '10' could be out of a vast amount of employees. May not even include likely first team players. 

Out of interest do the Ladies team train at Failand? 

We know Famara was isolating and potentially the way Bakinsons injured was quietly played down could point fingers at him. However both of their Isolation periods will now be over. 

On 16/11/2020 at 21:32, Henry said:

It doesn’t matter how good your measures are if outside of those measures people do what they want.  They can only control (to some extent) what the players do at training and the ground etc but they can’t control outside of that as it’s up to the individuals

58 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It doesn’t matter how good your measures are if outside of those measures people do what they want.  They can only control (to some extent) what the players do at training and the ground etc but they can’t control outside of that as it’s up to the individuals

Well it does. It matters if you set a good president and show people how to correctly manage the situation. A lot of the team are young and impressionable and will follow the lead of the leader. That’s why I am still baffled by them actively marketing the focal point of the whole club being seen in the pub not adhering to social distancing. 

On 16/11/2020 at 21:32, Henry said:

Surely no football club can have “good Covid measures” because the decision to keep playing matches precludes that. All matches involve around thirty players in close physical contact as a group. That would largely apply to training too, presumably. I can’t see that keeping them distanced inside their changing rooms/gyms/restaurants etc (if they do) is going to make much difference.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Someone tell my work that ?

Mine did and trust me it's a waste of time. They don't offer any useful help. 

22 hours ago, RedM said:

Did they pay then as you are only supposed to order a test independently from the national system if you are symptomatic. 

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It's purely financial. That's a big reason why L1 and L2 didn't resume last season, because the costs of testing made it unviable.

I thought the PFA said they were gonna cover the costs....obviously not.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

So... Freddie Hinds recalled... interesting!!!

I saw that....either Covid related or bad attitude related is the theme on twitter.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought the PFA said they were gonna cover the costs....obviously not.

I saw that....either Covid related or bad attitude related is the theme on twitter.

How can you expect the PFA to fund testing AND at the same time allow Gordon Taylor to buy expensive artwork for his office? Get your priorities straight!!!

Archived