IGNORED

Covid outbreak at City

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Mine did and trust me it's a waste of time. They don't offer any useful help. 

Did they pay then as you are only supposed to order a test independently from the national system if you are symptomatic. 

I think on hearing the news the person I know (maybe psychologically) developed a cough/tickle in their throat and applied for the test on that basis. It turned out to be Covid so probably a correct decision and probably prevented a lot more spread of infection, although as soon as they were identified as contacts they had to self isolate anyway, but yes I appreciate your point.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

They'll be testing everyone today so presumably the results won't be known until tomorrow in any case.

Not correct @Northern Red, everyone in the area was being tested yesterday (Wednesday 18th), the training ground can be reopened today, and those providing negative results were to be available to return to training from today (Thursday 19th)

1 hour ago, Clevedon Red said:

Picked the wife up from the Chesterfield this morning and saw a city player on crutches going in with Dr Gill. He was fully masked up so couldn’t see if it was COD or not but looked to be his size though.

Off the sofa? 

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just read that Gregor was given the name of six people impacted withing our club by the previous outbreak

Three were staff, three were players, but added ten had been previously isolating

Would make sense wouldn’t it....some positive, some isolating because they’d been in contact.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Still not sure how to read “one player unavailable”.

Is that relating back to last match (e.g. injuries) or one player who has been tested positively during the past fortnight is still unavailable?

I might be over-reading it.

?‍♂️Dean being deliberately ambiguous I'd guess

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Still not sure how to read “one player unavailable”.

Is that relating back to last match (e.g. injuries) or one player who has been tested positively during the past fortnight is still unavailable?

I might be over-reading it.

So we are left with:

GK: Bentley, O’Leary, Wollacott (3)

RB: Hunt, O.Edwards (2)

LB: Dasilva, Rowe (2)

CB: Vyner, Kalas, Moore, Mariappa, Towler (5) - hopefully Kalas ok

CM: Bakinson, Brunt, Nagy, Massengo (4) - hopefully Nagy ok

AM: Paterson, O’Dowda (2)

CF: Wells, Martin, Semenyo, Diedhiou (4)

Minus one of the above who’s tested positive....so 21, minus JoJo (no point in 3 keepers), so down to the Max of 20.

Injured: Walsh, Williams, Baker, Weimann, Mawson and Sessegnon....plus the one yet to be named.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

So we are left with:

GK: Bentley, O’Leary, Wollacott (3)

RB: Hunt, O.Edwards (2)

LB: Dasilva, Rowe (2)

CB: Vyner, Kalas, Moore, Mariappa, Towler (5) - hopefully Kalas ok

CM: Bakinson, Brunt, Nagy, Massengo (4) - hopefully Nagy ok

AM: Paterson, O’Dowda (2)

CF: Wells, Martin, Semenyo, Diedhiou (4)

Minus one of the above who’s tested positive....so 21, minus JoJo (no point in 3 keepers), so down to the Max of 20.

Injured: Walsh, Williams, Baker, Weimann, Mawson and Sessegnon....plus the one yet to be named.

Possibility Walsh/Williams could be back, last we heard was they wouldn't be back before international break, well thats another 2 weeks recovery. Also wouldn't bet against a few of the 23's having gone through the testing should too many player come back with positive results keeping them out the game.

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Possibility Walsh/Williams could be back, last we heard was they wouldn't be back before international break, well thats another 2 weeks recovery. Also wouldn't bet against a few of the 23's having gone through the testing should too many player come back with positive results keeping them out the game.

No, Holden confirmed Walsh and Williams still out

Will be interesting to see who is still out and who the new one is. 

Could well be Fam still missing.

Shame about Walsh and Williams, made all the more frustrating that they were claiming to be back around the last international break, so we're not hearing the whole story.

2 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Can someone explain how holden is able to be in the dug out when he tested positive last week. Thought 14 day isolation if you test positive? 

10 days is the rule in Elite sport and it was the weekend of the Cardiff game not last weekend. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

'Its the opening day of the 2022/23 season and City fans are still eagerly awaiting Joe Williams' debut appearance'

Harking back to those hot summer days when we were all imagining the days of Walsh and Morrell bossing the midfield, unbelievable, considering at no point was long term injury mentioned, that we haven’t seen either play a single minute and one of them has left altogether.

• Admin
2 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Can someone explain how holden is able to be in the dug out when he tested positive last week. Thought 14 day isolation if you test positive? 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

10 days is the rule in Elite sport and it was the weekend of the Cardiff game not last weekend. 

10 days for anyone 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/#:~:text=You should self-isolate,from when they started.

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Harking back to those hot summer days when we were all imagining the days of Walsh and Morrell bossing the midfield, unbelievable, considering at no point was long term injury mentioned, that we haven’t seen either play a single minute and one of them has left altogether.

This has been the most disappointing aspect of this season for me. 
Pre-season, I was predicting (well, at least hoping) that we’d be starting with Williams, Walsh & Morrell as our midfield 3. 

Turns out none of them have played a single bloody minute!!! 

Archived