IGNORED

Covid outbreak at City

CyderInACan

2 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Example being Bristol v Wasps in rugby -  think 18 Wasps staff and players had it, but none of the Bristol team picked it up following the playoff semis, presumably because Bristol didn’t get anywhere near them for most of the night.

You can't catch it off of wasps, only mink...   ;)

7 hours ago, Prinny said:

Him going out to a pub with people who have not been tested, is not DECREASING the likelyhood of him being infected is it?

It's not a neutral effect as he's exposing himself to NEW risks and dangers.

Therefore he's INCREASING the DANGER

It's getting boring now - can we build a bridge & get over this? 

As a school (Primary) we've had 1 child test positive so far, and advice from public health was that anybody who has been within 1 metre distance for a minute or above of that child is to self isolate also.

That's come from them directly.

It's possible you could sit next to someone talking non stop with it for an hour and not get it. It's also possible you could stand by someone for 5 seconds in the supermarket and catch it. Both unlikely, but possible.

They have to set the guidance somewhere, there is obviously no magic time or distance the virus observes - it's all about probability. That's why there are different distances and times around.

9 hours ago, Prinny said:

Exactly, @phantom seems to think the only way you get it is by spending 15 minutes within 2 meters of someone who has it.

The point is here, is that he does not know who has it and who does not. By putting himself into an environment where he does not know what is happening he IS endangering himself and therefore everyone around him.

It's not hard to understand.

Him going out to a pub with people who have not been tested, is not DECREASING the likelyhood of him being infected is it?

It's not a neutral effect as he's exposing himself to NEW risks and dangers.

Therefore he's INCREASING the DANGER.

Unless someone is being deliberately stupid, there's no arguing that. Now if you want to argue how much it is, fine, but to argue that it's not at all, defies all scientific knowledge on the matter,

I tend to agree with you that it ‘could’ have been a risky move, but I also think that it wasn’t ‘because’ of his Lions visit that this has occurred. 

If Holden was exposed to the virus on his visit to the Lions on 26th September, then he ‘could’ have been positive anytime from 30th Sept to 10th Oct (4-14 days, that’s what they reckon don’t they?). 
He would’ve been tested twice in that period and obviously didn’t test positive. 
If he had been positive, he’d have passed it onto his players anytime between the dates of 30th Sept to 10th Oct, and they in turn would have contracted it anytime between 4th Oct to 18th October. They’d have been tested twice in this period and none were positive. 
The first positive confirmed was Fam, who presented symptoms on 4th November. Therefore he could have caught it anytime between 21st October to 4th Nov. 

I don’t think there is any way that Holden’s visit to the Lions can be linked to this club breakout. The timeline just doesn’t fit. It was 39 days since his visit that our first player showed symptoms, having been tested 5 times in that period.  

Don’t elite sports teams form a bubble of sort? Therefore you’re likely to see things that don’t adhere to normal everyday social distancing?

But even within that bubble people will get complacent. You’ll see examples of it; I remember winching during one game this season when an opposition player took the water bottle from Proctor’s magic sponge bag and had a swig while our player was being treated.

15 hours ago, daored said:

Would we not have to forfeit the game?

Acrington have had a few postponed I believe, don't think we'd have to forfeit a league game

15 hours ago, Prinny said:

I hope no one is hurt by this.

I would really really like Dean Holden to come out and apologise for his reckless actions, and the club to be VERY VERY firm in their commitment to safety in the future.

(I know well, we guess Fam's positive has nothing to do with Dean)

A statement from the club on how seriously they take this would be good.

Whilst I think what he did was reckless, I dont think its got any bearing on this current outbreak

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I tend to agree with you that it ‘could’ have been a risky move, but I also think that it wasn’t ‘because’ of his Lions visit that this has occurred. 

If Holden was exposed to the virus on his visit to the Lions on 26th September, then he ‘could’ have been positive anytime from 30th Sept to 10th Oct (4-14 days, that’s what they reckon don’t they?). 
He would’ve been tested twice in that period and obviously didn’t test positive. 
If he had been positive, he’d have passed it onto his players anytime between the dates of 30th Sept to 10th Oct, and they in turn would have contracted it anytime between 4th Oct to 18th October. They’d have been tested twice in this period and none were positive. 
The first positive confirmed was Fam, who presented symptoms on 4th November. Therefore he could have caught it anytime between 21st October to 4th Nov. 

I don’t think there is any way that Holden’s visit to the Lions can be linked to this club breakout. The timeline just doesn’t fit. It was 39 days since his visit that our first player showed symptoms, having been tested 5 times in that period.  

Don't spoil a good myth with your logic and reasoning, young Harry.

If someone were to compile a book of the Myths of Bristol City it would be as big as Grimm's Fairy Tales. And just as grim.

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Nobody was endangered  you are being so over dramatic.

Do you understand that if someone tests negative they don't have the virus? 

Do you understand how close and how long you have to be with someone that is positive before there's even a possibility of passing on the virus? 

Without dragging this up again, you simply dont know this.

You dont know that no one there had covid, you don't know that no one there went home to anyone vulnerable (or even not, it still affects people)

Testing negative means you didnt have it at that moment in time, you could catch it straight after getting your result.

A couple of hours in a crowded pub isn't an extreme situation for someone to catch the virus, I've seen how it can spread at my place of work.

13 hours ago, phantom said:

I've no idea of anyone that was photographed with Dean Holden, so a very wild accusation about "criticism of my mates".

I just find it very damaging that people are even using the name of the pub as if to imply the pub can be blamed for customers posing for photos. 

The pub employed/asked for the photographer ffs. They did the same for a birthday party the week before ?‍♂️

12 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

It’s to do with touching your face, you’re obviously much less likely to touch your face/eyes/mouth with your fist. 

Was I the only one though thought the elbow thing was silly when it was at the same time that people were told to sneeze into their elbow rather than their hand?

Damn, when fear is in the building, common sense evaporates and BS prevails.

Covid exists, the guidelines are in BUT they are not guarantees.
People talk of Covid as if it's got intelligence, it targets specific groups, it is racist and has super powers (I am taking the piss) but miss the fact it is a virus which is none of these things.

Be afraid if you want but don't expect everyone to share your fear.
I take notice of the current covid guidelines, I am mindful of my surroundings and I continue to use my common sense. I do not accept things blindly.

Some views expressed on this board are just projections of their fear (and these might well be legitimate fears but it has to be accepted everyone has their own fear tolerance) but sometimes, things are a tad over stated, are projection of personal biases or just plain stupid.

Let's hope that these crazy times come to an end soon.

• Admin
58 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

This is an alarmingly stupid post. A virus doesn’t have a minimum criteria to spread. What are you thinking

Not at all, you've have chosen to quote only part of a conversation - perhaps best to start from the beginning?

The point was that people had implied that Dean posing for pictures in the Three Lions could have resulted him in being infected.

Just to clarify for you, this is from the Government...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person

image.png

The one thing that covid has done... is devide people.

Add that into the mix of BAME, BLM, WOKES, Political correctness, Racism, being offended, the trend of anxiety, correct speech, blame culture, pedos, tearing down history, re naming, gender fluidity...etc etc

**** me...I'm surprised any of us are still sane ?????

Can tell we haven't had a war for a few years.

Never known a few years like it...mental.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Acrington have had a few postponed I believe, don't think we'd have to forfeit a league game

Whilst I think what he did was reckless, I dont think its got any bearing on this current outbreak

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Yeah, I say that in my original post on this topic. So anyone trying to claim that I'm linking Holden's visit to Fam's positive test in a medical way is being highly intellectually dishonest.

I'm not trying to link it. It's impossible scientifically.

The only point that's related, is that Holden going, and there being no (public) consequences, is a SIGN of us (the club) not taking it that seriously. Which if the person in a leadership position isn't, perhaps that filters down.

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not at all, you've have chosen to quote only part of a conversation - perhaps best to start from the beginning?

The point was that people had implied that Dean posing for pictures in the Three Lions could have resulted him in being infected.

Yes him going to the three lions (an enclosed space with a bunch of people who might have had the virus in it) could have resulted in him being infected.

And yes him posing for a photo, and touching a surface like someones clothes could result in him picking it up. What if they sneeze? What if they cough? What if they've touched someone or something and spread the virus to him?

Because the contact you keep bringing up, is only one way for someone to get the virus. And you're deliberately ignoring the others. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person

image.png

So you're disregarding the Holden scenario in the pub because he wasnt within 2 metres of someone for 15 minutes (he actually may well have been judging by the photos), but then posted guidelines that state face to face contact within one metre, skin to skin physical contact, closer than 1 metre and for more than 1 minute. All of these things likely happened, but there's photo evidence at least of skin to skin contact (shaking hands) and being within a metre face to face.

You really aren't doing your argument any favours. Why are you unable to accept that what happened at the pub was at the very least stupid and reckless - and had the potential if someone turned up with the virus, to be quite dangerous? It's not related to what is happening now, other than @Prinny's point that it shows a lack of concern for guidelines that may filter down though I dont think our club is the only ones likely to be guilty of that.

I thought we'd moved on from the pub situation though there's no defence of it. It broke guidelines and we're lucky there was no comeback on the club.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Add that into the mix of BAME, BLM, WOKES, Political correctness, Racism, being offended, the trend of anxiety, correct speech, blame culture, pedos, tearing down history, re naming, gender fluidity...etc etc

What's mental about those things? 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Ah yes, because things like racism, "being offended", anxiety, pedos, history being "torn down" etc. have only existed for this last few years. I can't remember racism being a contentious issue until recently, and nobody ever use to get offended. Durrrrr.

Interesting all the stuff there you mention are tired right wing talking points as well. Filled out a few bingo cards however. Notice you didn't get many other divisive things that have happened recently in there.

What a stupid post, but keeping up with appearances on a covid thread for you I guess.

5 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Ah yes, because things like racism, "being offended", anxiety, pedos, history being "torn down" etc. have only existed for this last few years. I can't remember racism being a contentious issue until recently, and nobody ever use to get offended. Durrrrr.

Interesting all the stuff there you mention are tired right wing talking points as well. Filled out a few bingo cards however. Notice you didn't get many other divisive things that have happened recently in there.

What a stupid post, but keeping up with appearances on a covid thread for you I guess.

Greg Clarke's problem was that he called "house" on the Bingo card.............rightly or wrongly if he had kept his comments down to just one of the offending issues he would have been passed off as a bluffering old gin swilling fool who needed to go on a course or two to get educated and probably would still be in a job today!!

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Well someone's lost their sense of irony and humour. ??

Bringing politics into the equation too...how low.

Like I said...devisive.

Bingo ???

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Well someone's lost their sense of irony and humour. ??

Bringing politics into the equation too...how low.

Like I said...devisive.

Bingo ???

You talk of irony while accusing me of bringing politics into it? When you give that list?

Very "devisive" indeed.

55 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

You talk of irony while accusing me of bringing politics into it? When you give that list?

Very "devisive" indeed.

55 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Very "devisive" indeed.

The point being...'my list' as you put it...is divisive. All those things have created division amongst people. Your reply proved my point.

My list...are all things thrust into the public domain by the media. Of course it's been spoken about before...but not in such a manner in such a short space of time.

It's creating division. Doesn't mean it's right or wrong...but division has been created.

On top of Covid...my point being...people are sick to death of it all.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

image.png

That’s the criteria that track and trace use to determine contact requiring isolation and soon. It’s not a medical opinion on what will or won’t cause the transmission of covid. 

There are no absolutes, no certainty about when and where and how it gets transmitted. 

I’ve no particular view on DHs visit, but the fact is that his visit, and posing for pictures, could have resulted in him getting infected. In any number of ways. Probably not the sexual contact though... 

Archived